Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 07-27-2003, 08:51 PM   #1
mryellow
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Anatomy of Visa crackdown

We were right in the middle of beginning processing with our new merchant setup when Visa shut down our bank. I've emailed and called pretty much every processor in the market over the last 2 weeks.

We originally contacted NetBilling who put us onto ECS who set us up with a Romanian gateway that was subsquently shut down, apparently Visa wants better reporting from them or something along those lines. Hard to know exactly as no-one seems to know or want to tell the truth.

This same bank/gateway took down OXBill and Cardsgate. However it was a couple of days later that they actually notified anyone.

I'm not sure but is this the same gateway that took down Globill or did they have other more general reasons?

Did more then one bank get shutdown?

If more then one bank got hammered does that mean that Visa has just entered a phase where by they are closing the international market and squeezing us back into the US? Which means we need US presence, IRS reporting, Visa reporting, legal liability and lower chargebacks limits.

Anyone else see anything indicating that this is a new tactic of Visa's to force merchants into doing business from the US?

-Ben
Fast support, great techs, no hype, no gimmicks.

<- I in no way endorse whatever just got stuck on the left of my post.
mryellow is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 08:56 PM   #2
tomax

Geez. Visa is essentially shutting down entire banks, not just third-party processors.

It might have beent he same bank as Globill because in their official announcement they did mention that Visa threatened their *bank* not globill with huge fines so the bank shut them off. And then maybe Visa shut the bank anyway.

I am just in the thick of getting my own merchant account, thinking I will be safer with that. But i guess no one is safe from the menacing visa octopus!!!!

Old 07-27-2003, 09:23 PM   #3
AlienQ - BANNED FOR LIFE
best designer on GFY

Location: IALIEN.COM - High Definition Video and Photographic Productions -ICQ 78943384
The process of elimination in tactics dictates...

Phases

Containment -
The control of resources. This can be done in broadstrokes.

Seperation -
Those that will have "priviliges" and those that won't.

Isolation -
Break down in Communication for targets.

Targeted Elimination.
Selection of targets.

Welcome to Phase 2.
AlienQ - BANNED FOR LIFE is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 09:39 PM   #4
wargames
Kliris

visa sucks
Old 07-27-2003, 09:41 PM   #5
mryellow
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
:stoned

Thanx for your magnificent insight.

-Ben
Fast support, great techs, no hype, no gimmicks.

<- I in no way endorse whatever just got stuck on the left of my post.
mryellow is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >