Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 07-12-2004, 08:11 PM   #1
FightThisPatent
Confirmed User

:mad Game over for Acacia - Markman Ruling

For those that want to read the just released court order, it's VERY BAD NEWS FOR ACACIA!

Let the celebration begin.

http://www.fightthepatent.com/MarkmanOrder.pdf

It will be interesting to see how Acacia spins the news.

Fight the WE TOLD YOU SO!

http://www.t3report.com
(where's the traffic?) v5.0 is out! |
http://www.FightThePatent.com
| ICQ 52741957
FightThisPatent is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:12 PM   #2
Viper2K1
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
nice
Old 07-12-2004, 08:13 PM   #3
FreeHugeMovies
Too lazy to set a custom title

Sweet, See Sig!
FreeHugeMovies is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:14 PM   #4
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
man that's a lot to dig through.. can you quote the good parts? did they say the patent was no good?

or what was the reasoning?
Old 07-12-2004, 08:15 PM   #5
80smetal

FTP sum it up, lose the legal jargon, laymens terms?
80smetal is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:15 PM   #6
bignasty
Confirmed User

started reading it, ill fall asleep if i keep reading, any one got cliff's notes?
Old 07-12-2004, 08:15 PM   #7
Jonathan Quarkschowski
So Fucking Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by crockett
man that's a lot to dig through.. can you quote the good parts? did they say the patent was no good?

or what was the reasoning?
dump your actg shares, I did @ 7.50 a while ago.

congrats charly.
Jonathan Quarkschowski is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:15 PM   #8
Spunky
I need a beer

Industry Role:
It's a start..right on
Old 07-12-2004, 08:16 PM   #9
BRISK

Summary?
Old 07-12-2004, 08:18 PM   #10
AndrewKanuck
Confirmed User

woot woot
Old 07-12-2004, 08:20 PM   #11
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Some one with some brains read it and quote the good bits.

I'm at home and can't open the file.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:21 PM   #12
zanycash Pete
Confirmed User

nice
zanycash Pete is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:21 PM   #13
FightThisPatent
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally posted by 80smetal
FTP sum it up, lose the legal jargon, laymens terms?

I haven't read through the 40 pages.. been on the phone and helping to spread the word, but got the scoope from various sources... some of the claims from acacia don't hold up, which leads to a non-infringement verdict (eventually) for the defendants.

This is very bad for Acacia... buh-bye...

I will be travelling on biz all day tomorrow, so I wanted to just get it out there for people to read before i can get a chance to digest it and present it in my own patented way. I'll write up my summary on the plane and post as soon as i can.

The short summary: it's all good for the defendants.

Fight the Rush!

| ICQ 52741957
FightThisPatent is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:22 PM   #14
p1mpdogg

Quote:
Originally posted by charly
Some one with some brains read it and quote the good bits.

I'm at home and can't open the file.
idiot... another reason elderly shouldn't be allowed in this business..

fucking tool.

grow some brains shit head.. your content sucks ass, i hope you die asap

fucking jerkoff!
Old 07-12-2004, 08:24 PM   #15
Spunky
I need a beer

Industry Role:
Lots to read,alot of legal mumbo jumbo...but it is looking good so far...this is good news indeed
Old 07-12-2004, 08:25 PM   #16
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally posted by p1mpdogg

fucking tool.

fucking jerkoff!
are you mad you signed up now?
Old 07-12-2004, 08:26 PM   #17
TurboTrucker
Confirmed User

Old 07-12-2004, 08:28 PM   #18
Global Dialers
Confirmed User

to summarize the 40 pages almost always end with something along the lines of..

'the court finds in favor of the defendants'

in other words... acacia is truely fucked
Old 07-12-2004, 08:29 PM   #19
p1mpdogg

Quote:
Originally posted by crockett
are you mad you signed up now?
not mad at all

why waste 1000's on defense, when i can settle for 300 a month till the suit is settled..

im not a very good looking guy, but im no dummy when it comes to business.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:29 PM   #20
Global Dialers
Confirmed User

Quote:

fucking tool.

fucking jerkoff!
how does it feel knowing you wasted all that $$$ for nothing pimpslut
Old 07-12-2004, 08:29 PM   #21
baddog
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
well, after reading over it, apparently there are some typos in the patent (compressor vs decompressor) and some discussion as to whether or not a human being can be a library, or just what a library really is, and some other stuff.

The parties both have motions pending and they are supposed to meet and confer by 8/6/04 so they can proceed.

Nothing has really been decided, except the Court does seem to be leaning away from the Plaintiff (Acacia)

Again, that was just a brief scan . . . I hate reading PDF format
baddog is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:30 PM   #22
p1mpdogg

Quote:
Originally posted by Global Dialers
how does it feel knowing you wasted all that $$$ for nothing pimpslut
i didnt waste anything.. its called playing it safe...

when you get a few nickels in your pocket to rub together, maybe you will understand smart business.

dipshit.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:32 PM   #23
baddog
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally posted by Global Dialers
to summarize the 40 pages almost always end with something along the lines of..

'the court finds in favor of the defendants'

then you should fast forward to page 40
baddog is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:33 PM   #24
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:

fucking tool.

fucking jerkoff!
For those who chose to fight, it must be very good news.

For those who chose to give in it means they have to keep paying out. Lifes a bitch.

For Acacia it's bad news because all they have now is the license money from those to spineless to fight.

So if you want to help keep Acacia, Ryan and Berman from the poorhouse send some traffic to p1mpdogg so he can send some money to the leeches.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:34 PM   #25
Jonathan Quarkschowski
So Fucking Banned

Quote:
i hope you die asap
Jonathan Quarkschowski is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:35 PM   #26
FightThisPatent
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally posted by baddog

Nothing has really been decided, except the Court does seem to be leaning away from the Plaintiff (Acacia)

You are on the right track... the Markman Order basically says that some of the claims don't apply to the defendants.

There will need to be some more court sessions, that will eventually lead to a non-infringement verdict (probably by december).

The judge's findings is very damaging to Acacia. This really is a big win for the Defense Group, who have put in so much of their time and company profits... along with Spike who has endured this murky sea of patent infringements.

Cheers to the Defense Group, let the Champagne flow.

Fight the You'll Poke Your Eye Out!

| ICQ 52741957
Old 07-12-2004, 08:36 PM   #27
p1mpdogg

Quote:

For those who chose to give in it means they have to keep paying out. Lifes a bitch.

For Acacia it's bad news because all they have now is the license money from those to spineless to fight.

So if you want to help keep Acacia, Ryan and Berman from the poorhouse send some traffic to p1mpdogg so he can send some money to the leeches.
with or without your traffic, i will continue to support them till its settled.

I dont need your traffic, i make my money selling your pics that i steal from your site...
Old 07-12-2004, 08:37 PM   #28
baddog
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:

this coming from someone who has yet to read the order?
Old 07-12-2004, 08:39 PM   #29
SetTheWorldonFire
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Old 07-12-2004, 08:41 PM   #30
baddog
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally posted by FightThisPatent

There will need to be some more court sessions, that will eventually lead to a non-infringement verdict (probably by december).
I love the positive attitude.

I have to give props to the Judge's law clerk, they really did some research to even be able to write that order (anyone that knows the legal system knows the law clerks do all the work).
Old 07-12-2004, 08:41 PM   #31
p1mpdogg

Quote:
this coming from someone who has yet to read the order?
LOL
Old 07-12-2004, 08:41 PM   #32
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
not mad at all

why waste 1000's on defense, when i can settle for 300 a month till the suit is settled..

im not a very good looking guy, but im no dummy when it comes to business.
So the ruling means you no longer pay?

And you admit you signed up to save money and to hell with everyone else.

Actually you're either lying about the money you pay out or lying about the size of your business, seems $300 a month is $15,000 a month turnover. So you're not such a big boy after all, as I said a puppy. And don't come back with you got a lower settlement becasue we will not beleive you.

Do you stop paying Acacia now or is that to be decided?
Old 07-12-2004, 08:43 PM   #33
boobmaster
So Fucking Banned

Quote:
i didnt waste anything.. its called playing it safe...

when you get a few nickels in your pocket to rub together, maybe you will understand smart business.

dipshit.
Playing it safe while fucking your fellow webmasters in the ass by contributinbg to Acacia's legal fund. Don't think for a second that webmasters are just going to forgive and forget what companies like yours did. We will remember the companies who stood with us, as well as the ones who sold us out.
boobmaster is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:45 PM   #34
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
well, after reading over it, apparently there are some typos in the patent (compressor vs decompressor) and some discussion as to whether or not a human being can be a library, or just what a library really is, and some other stuff.

The parties both have motions pending and they are supposed to meet and confer by 8/6/04 so they can proceed.

Again, that was just a brief scan . . . I hate reading PDF format
Thanks Baddog, it will hurt Acacia's share price and their prospect of getting more licensees.

We should all be supporting the defense group and hurting the licensees as much as possible. Now is the time to twist the dagger.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:45 PM   #35
baddog
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
LOL
believe me, when it come to chosing between you and him, it is never an easy choice
Old 07-12-2004, 08:45 PM   #36
p1mpdogg

Quote:
So the ruling means you no longer pay?

And you admit you signed up to save money and to hell with everyone else.

Actually you're either lying about the money you pay out or lying about the size of your business, seems $300 a month is $15,000 a month turnover. So you're not such a big boy after all, as I said a puppy. And don't come back with you got a lower settlement becasue we will not beleive you.

Do you stop paying Acacia now or is that to be decided?
why on earth wouldnt i lie to acacia about our income moron?

by the time you send this thread to them, or quote me and it makes its way to thier lawyers when they have time to breathe.. the suit will be over with.

you are not very bright are you?

fuck acacia, im saving money by giving them a taste of what they are losing out on..

just enough to satisfy them...

you are a moron arnt you., that isnt a question either.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:46 PM   #37
p1mpdogg

Quote:
believe me, when it come to chosing between you and him, it is never an easy choice
ahahaha

dont hate fucker!

you know you like me!
Old 07-12-2004, 08:46 PM   #38
Axeman
Confirmed User

Congrats to Spike, Farrell, Greg, Jeff, Tim and the rest of the defense group for a great job and not backing down in this fight.

- Brent Axford
Old 07-12-2004, 08:47 PM   #39
p1mpdogg

Quote:
Originally posted by boobmaster
Playing it safe while fucking your fellow webmasters in the ass by contributinbg to Acacia's legal fund. Don't think for a second that webmasters are just going to forgive and forget what companies like yours did. We will remember the companies who stood with us, as well as the ones who sold us out.
im sad to say, but webmaster really dont give a flying fuck about acacia.

when we settled along with the 100 other programs that settled, we didnt lose a dime in business.

stick that up your ass.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:48 PM   #40
baddog
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
ahahaha

dont hate fucker!

you know you like me!
you have no idea
Old 07-12-2004, 08:49 PM   #41
KRL
Entrepreneur

Fantastically great news!

I knew these Newport Beach lawyers would never stand a chance with this overly broad patent.

Can't wait to watch this stock sink into oblivion.

You guys that bought stock in this company deserve what you get to.

Domains Adult News KRL's Newsletter Biz Tips Just Listed Domains
KRL is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:51 PM   #42
JSA Matt
So Fucking Banned

Exellent news, we will never forget the sell-outs. Never.
JSA Matt is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:52 PM   #43
BradM
Confirmed User

FUCK YEAH FTP!
BradM is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:53 PM   #44
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
with or without your traffic, i will continue to support them till its settled.

I dont need your traffic, i make my money selling your pics that i steal from your site...
Steal from my site and I will bury you. I'm suing those who do that.

Hang on I'm only suing those with the money and guts to fight, you will settle and pay up, based on your previous record.

$300 a month?????

Quote:
The lowest fee was $1,500 and that was for under $50K in sales.. 300 x 12 = $3,600... which is about what you would pay for $100K/yr in sales

and sweetheart deals are given for big named players, not unknown/small webmasters
Old 07-12-2004, 08:54 PM   #45
marzzo
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Old 07-12-2004, 08:54 PM   #46
FlyingIguana
aspiring banker

Quote:
Originally posted by KRL

I knew these Newport Beach lawyers would never stand a chance with this overly broad patent.

someone's gotta buy or else how can people short?
FlyingIguana is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:56 PM   #47
$5 submissions
I help you SUCCEED

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally posted by Axeman
Congrats to Spike, Farrell, Greg, Jeff, Tim and the rest of the defense group for a great job and not backing down in this fight.

- Brent Axford
It's not over yet, the Markman terms definition stage is a preliminary stage before the parties can weed out the crucial issues in the case. Hopefully, with certain key terms like "remote locations" decided in the Defendants' favor in ENOUGH of the claims (remember, there's MANY claims per grouping) this should put the scare on ACACIA.
$5 submissions is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:56 PM   #48
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally posted by KRL

yea know shit, I hope this news gets out fast enough so they lose their profit on this.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:01 PM   #49
boobmaster
So Fucking Banned

Quote:
im sad to say, but webmaster really dont give a flying fuck about acacia.

when we settled along with the 100 other programs that settled, we didnt lose a dime in business.

stick that up your ass.
Keep thinking those positive thought as you keep butt fucking Bob Berman for the next several months.

There are just TOO MANY good sponsors out there for webmasters to choose from these days. There is no reason to support sell outs like you.
boobmaster is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 09:02 PM   #50
FightThisPatent
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally posted by $5 submissions
It's not over yet, the Markman terms definition stage is a preliminary stage before the parties can weed out the crucial issues in the case.

You are correct sir..... the findings in the Markman Order will be used in upcoming court sessions that would utimately give the final verdict of non-infringement.

This is a major victory for the defendants as everyone has been waiting to see the outcome.

The Defense Group still needs your support.. there is still legal fees to pay to push the nail into coffin.

The example that will be set here is don't come to the adult biz if you want to troll your patent...

Corporate america (especially publically traded companies) have shown the new trick of doing the patent rollover.

Support the Defense Group, now is the most crucial time to jump in.

Offer your support:
Spike: (949) 716-8080. Contributions can also be sent to: Acacia Joint Defense Group, c/o Spike Goldberg, New Destiny, 27111 Aliso Viejo Rd., #180, Aliso Viejo, Calif. 92656.

Fight the Telethon!

| ICQ 52741957
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >