Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 06-23-2004, 02:13 PM   #1
mb
Confirmed User

SEO Tip On Avoiding a Google Ban

Stop fucking trading based solely on Page Rank!

You need to realize that google is wisening up to this. They don't only factor PR based on your trades with other sites with a high PR. You need inbound links from relevant sites. A good mix of relevant trades and relevant, targetted inbound links. It will help to keep you off google's ban radar.

Every day I get 10-20 people sending me notes like this:

"I've got a PR5, let's trade! It will help both of us."

Bullshit, it won't help a damn thing. Especially if you are trading with a whoring PR link farm which alot of sites are becoming.

Be careful and only use tactics that would logically lead a surfer to the content they are looking for. That's the ultimate goal of a search engine, isn't it?

marc
hoes.com
mb is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 02:17 PM   #2
grumpy
Too lazy to set a custom title

I have pagerank 2...wanna trade?
Old 06-23-2004, 02:35 PM   #3
xxxjay
Tube groupie.

Industry Role:
I just pulled any trade that looks shady on my site.
xxxjay is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 02:36 PM   #4
WiredGuy
Pounding Googlebot

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally posted by mb
Stop fucking trading based solely on Page Rank!

You need to realize that google is wisening up to this. They don't only factor PR based on your trades with other sites with a high PR. You need inbound links from relevant sites. A good mix of relevant trades and relevant, targetted inbound links. It will help to keep you off google's ban radar.

Every day I get 10-20 people sending me notes like this:

"I've got a PR5, let's trade! It will help both of us."

Bullshit, it won't help a damn thing. Especially if you are trading with a whoring PR link farm which alot of sites are becoming.

Be careful and only use tactics that would logically lead a surfer to the content they are looking for. That's the ultimate goal of a search engine, isn't it?

marc
hoes.com
Amen! Somebody knows how to work it
WG
Old 06-23-2004, 02:37 PM   #5
kak_azn
So Fucking Banned

BAN them all!
kak_azn is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 02:42 PM   #6
GeXus
Confirmed User

Accually thats not entirely true.. You can trade with sites that are of no relevence to your site.. This wont get you banned.. BUT trading with sites that have higher relevence will have a higher impact.
GeXus is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 02:47 PM   #7
WiredGuy
Pounding Googlebot

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally posted by GeXus
Accually thats not entirely true.. You can trade with sites that are of no relevence to your site.. This wont get you banned.. BUT trading with sites that have higher relevence will have a higher impact.
While I would typically agree with you, there's one example that got the ban last week.

Case in example: payshots.com
WG
Old 06-23-2004, 02:48 PM   #8
mb
Confirmed User

Quote:
I didn't say it would get you banned. But I'll also say that it won't help you one bit. Trading with a PR8 Real Estate site when you run an adult site will have 0 effect on your adult site's PR.

I think most know that though.
mb is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 02:51 PM   #9
Frank The Tank
Confirmed User

im doing this as we speak and have been .. trying to get more inbound subject specific trades going for the various pages on my site - its a lot of work .. .a hella lot work
Old 06-23-2004, 02:53 PM   #10
radical
Confirmed User

Quote:

There is more emphasis on on relevancy! Same with textual linkage as google views the text link as being the actual target page so relevant textual links to what your actually promoting helps etc!!

radical is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 02:53 PM   #11
polish_aristocrat

mb, i think i asked you before, but is there a chance to get ( buy or whatever ) a link on hoes.com to my site ?
Old 06-23-2004, 02:55 PM   #12
fris

Industry Role:
how did peoples sites fare on yesterdays google pr update?

my contact: fris at fris.net
fris is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 02:57 PM   #13
radical
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally posted by fris
how did peoples sites fare on yesterdays google pr update?
I did good

radical is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 02:59 PM   #14
fris

Industry Role:
ya sites i had pr0 went up to pr4 and sites i had pr3 went to pr5 so it was good day.

my contact: fris at fris.net
fris is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 02:59 PM   #15
scottie0779
Confirmed User

Fris, since you hijacked the thread I'll reply... ;) haha

My new site went from unranked to 2/10. I'm happy with that, especially for what little work went into SEO...
Old 06-23-2004, 03:00 PM   #16
cruzc

Quote:
Originally posted by WiredGuy
Amen! Somebody knows how to work it
WG
Right on!
Old 06-23-2004, 03:01 PM   #17
radical
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally posted by fris
ya sites i had pr0 went up to pr4 and sites i had pr3 went to pr5 so it was good day.
Yeah I had three domains go to pr4 from pr0 and I had another go from pr0 to pr5 lol I had a mainstream site drop in pr though

Old 06-23-2004, 03:05 PM   #18
mb
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally posted by polish_aristocrat
mb, i think i asked you before, but is there a chance to get ( buy or whatever ) a link on hoes.com to my site ?

Thanks for asking, but I don't offer paid spots, and I'm not really trading at the moment.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:08 PM   #19
GeXus
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally posted by WiredGuy
While I would typically agree with you, there's one example that got the ban last week.

Case in example: payshots.com
WG
Are you sure it was from irrelevent linkage?
GeXus is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 03:16 PM   #20
GeXus
Confirmed User

Quote:
It accually looks to me that payshots.com was spamming blogs....
Old 06-23-2004, 03:31 PM   #21
StarkReality
Confirmed User

It's really hard to get a site banned with link trades, recip trading certainly doesn't help as much as links without recips, but it's not like you get banned just for links, overoptimized text and legions of bad doorways are much more dangerous.
StarkReality is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 03:31 PM   #22
WiredGuy
Pounding Googlebot

Industry Role:
Quote:
They were getting their links by blogspamming like mad. It seems like a manual banning from Google to me.

WG
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >