Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 12-18-2004, 07:18 AM   #1
European Lee
Confirmed User

I Could Shave You Even Though We're Using NATS

Anyone wanna take some bets on whether this statement is true or not?

I guarantee its possible to shave even when using the NATS affiliate system

Regards,

Lee
European Lee is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 07:19 AM   #2
Roald
SecretFriends.com

Industry Role:
I shaved my head this morning

WE ARE BUYING PAY SITES! CONTACT ME

ClubSweethearts | ManUpFilms | SinfulXXX | HOT * AdultPrime * HOT

Paying webmasters since 1996! Contact: r.riepen @ sansylgroup.com | skype:roaldr | icq:
Roald is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 07:19 AM   #3
Roald
SecretFriends.com

Industry Role:
we don't use NATS though

Paying webmasters since 1996! Contact: r.riepen @ sansylgroup.com | skype:roaldr | icq:
Roald is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 07:22 AM   #4
Napolean
Old school

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally posted by European Lee
Anyone wanna take some bets on whether this statement is true or not?

I guarantee its possible to shave even when using the NATS affiliate system

Regards,

Lee
you can shave with any software doesnt matter what you use

its all about how you mod it yourself, nothin too complicated
Old 12-18-2004, 07:22 AM   #5
Manowar
jellyfish  

PBucksJohn would probably disagree, seeing as his company made it.
Manowar is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 07:22 AM   #6
European Lee
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally posted by Napolean
you can shave with any software doesnt matter what you use

its all about how you mod it yourself, nothin too complicated
Okay let me re-phrase the comment..

I can shave you even if we use NATS without modifying the software.

Regards,

Lee
European Lee is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 07:24 AM   #7
Twe Russ
Confirmed User

I believe it can be done.

Contact information - ICQ: 7.9.0.3.0.0 · AIM: no roach · E-Mail: roachito || @ || gmail || . || com
[Friend Finder - Geo Targeting & Incredible Site Ratio] - [Credit Card Traffic - Make $65 Per Join]
Twe Russ is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 07:24 AM   #8
European Lee
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally posted by Twe Russ
I believe it can be done.
I KNOW it can be

Regards,

Lee
Old 12-18-2004, 07:25 AM   #9
Roald
SecretFriends.com

Industry Role:
did you shave your balls today?

Old 12-18-2004, 07:25 AM   #10
Twe Russ
Confirmed User

manipulating it?

Contact information - ICQ: 7.9.0.3.0.0 · AIM: no roach · E-Mail: roachito || @ || gmail || . || com
[Friend Finder - Geo Targeting & Incredible Site Ratio] - [Credit Card Traffic - Make $65 Per Join]
Twe Russ is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 07:48 AM   #11
pradaboy
sell me your banners

Industry Role:
I bet you could, it's all about trust not software options
pradaboy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 08:33 AM   #12
TMM_John
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I'm not familiar with you using our product. If you are and you attempt to fuck with the numbers you'll be loosing your liscense. Enjoy.
TMM_John is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 08:35 AM   #13
Manowar
jellyfish  

Quote:
Originally posted by PBucksJohn
I'm not familiar with you using our product. If you are and you attempt to fuck with the numbers you'll be loosing your liscense. Enjoy.
Manowar is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 08:38 AM   #14
European Lee
Confirmed User

Quote:
So does that mean you are agreeing that it is possible to shave using NATS?

Just want to clarify your position on that

Regards,

Lee
Old 12-18-2004, 08:42 AM   #15
Gasper

Quote:
Okay let me re-phrase the comment..

I can shave you even if we use NATS without modifying the software.

Regards,

Lee
What would you like to shave first? Cock, balls, head?
  Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 08:42 AM   #16
xclusive
Too lazy to set a custom title

So you are activly looking for ways to make programs shave so that you can rip off webmasters? Not shocking...

I support MediumPimpin.com / Shemp's Outlawtgp.com /

xclusive is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 08:45 AM   #17
European Lee
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally posted by xclusive
So you are activly looking for ways to make programs shave so that you can rip off webmasters? Not shocking...
Im not actively looking for anything lol

Common sense dictates that any program using any affiliate script can shave at any time they like.

Its not exactly brain surgery, you just have to spend all of 30 seconds to think about how it can be acheived if you felt the need to do so.

Regards,

Lee
Old 12-18-2004, 08:45 AM   #18
TMM_John
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
So does that mean you are agreeing that it is possible to shave using NATS?

Just want to clarify your position on that

Regards,

Lee
Everyone has a different defination of "shaving".

Some people consider going into the database and zero'ing out everyone's sales "shaving". Is this possible with NATS? Yes. But not so easily and we make it as difficult as possible. You can always fuck with the database or rewrite your DNS every 20 minutes or something. Of course that's possible. That's not shaving using NATS. That's shaving around NATS.

I've answered this question a million times. We have never said it is IMPOSSIBLE to shave for a program running NATS. We have said that there is NO SHAVE FEATURE in NATS unlike some softwares out there who decided to make it as easy as possible. We have also taken a very strong stance against it in that any program we find trying to fuck with the #s behind the affiliates back will loose their liscense and be taken to court.

You can always fuck with things. It's the internet. It's the point of us making it as hard as possible instead of as easy as possible as some others have chosen in the past. And also our stance against it should we ever find someone trying to manipluate the software.

Again, I don't recall ever working with you, so if you're associated with one of our clients, who is it?

I don't know who you are and I don't know why you decided it was a great idea to bust my balls on a Saturday morning, but it's been noted.
TMM_John is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 08:47 AM   #19
- Jesus Christ -
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Location: ::::::::::::: :::::::::::||::::::::::: :::::::::::||::::::::::: :::::::::::||::::::::::: :::::::::::||::::::::::: :::::::::::||::::::::::: ::::::||||||||||||:::::: :::::::::::||::::::::::: :::::::::::||::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::
Quote:
I don't know who you are and I don't know why you decided it was a great idea to bust my balls on a Saturday morning, but it's been noted.
Hes a gay attention whore.

Amen
- Jesus Christ - is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 08:48 AM   #20
TMM_John
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally posted by - Jesus Christ -
Hes a gay attention whore.
LOL, that much I knew.
Old 12-18-2004, 08:48 AM   #21
European Lee
Confirmed User

Quote:
Everyone has a different defination of "shaving".

Some people consider going into the database and zero'ing out everyone's sales "shaving". Is this possible with NATS? Yes. But not so easily and we make it as difficult as possible. You can always fuck with the database or rewrite your DNS every 20 minutes or something. Of course that's possible. That's not shaving using NATS. That's shaving around NATS.

I've answered this question a million times. We have never said it is IMPOSSIBLE to shave for a program running NATS. We have said that there is NO SHAVE FEATURE in NATS unlike some softwares out there who decided to make it as easy as possible. We have also taken a very strong stance against it in that any program we find trying to fuck with the #s behind the affiliates back will loose their liscense and be taken to court.

You can always fuck with things. It's the internet. It's the point of us making it as hard as possible instead of as easy as possible as some others have chosen in the past. And also our stance against it should we ever find someone trying to manipluate the software.

Again, I don't recall ever working with you, so if you're associated with one of our clients, who is it?

Thanks for the clarification

For the record though, without even having seen how NATS works i can tell you that no matter how advanced the script itself is, you dont have to touch ANYTHING on the scripting side of things to be able to shave signups.

Ill let you figure out the 'how then' though

Regards,

Lee
Old 12-18-2004, 08:48 AM   #22
bigdog
Confirmed User

it's too eary for drama on a saturday
bigdog is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 08:49 AM   #23
TMM_John
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:

For the record though, without even having seen how NATS works i can tell you that no matter how advanced the script itself is, you dont have to touch ANYTHING on the scripting side of things to be able to shave signups.

Regards,

Lee
I gave you two ways in my post to go around it. It's not something impossible to figure out. You could unplug the sever and put another one in it's place twice a week. There are always ways to go around things. Our stance on it is what makes us different.
Old 12-18-2004, 08:49 AM   #24
TMM_John
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally posted by bigdog
it's too eary for drama on a saturday
Sadly some people on this board have nothing better to do.
Old 12-18-2004, 08:51 AM   #25
TMM_John
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:

Regards,

Lee
Also, "put up or shut up" applies here. I can go around all day making claims I can fly or that I just bought Microsoft. Your words are words alone until you have something to back them up with.
Old 12-18-2004, 08:51 AM   #26
xclusive
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Im not actively looking for anything lol

Common sense dictates that any program using any affiliate script can shave at any time they like.

Its not exactly brain surgery, you just have to spend all of 30 seconds to think about how it can be acheived if you felt the need to do so.

Regards,

Lee
Don't you think the stand up thing to do if you were stand up and email or ICQ John about a possible issue in the program if there is one so that nobody can shave? If it wasn't fixed then you should come to the board to warn people...

I support MediumPimpin.com / Shemp's Outlawtgp.com /

xclusive is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 08:52 AM   #27
European Lee
Confirmed User

Quote:
I gave you two ways in my post to go around it. It's not something impossible to figure out. You could unplug the sever and put another one in it's place twice a week. There are always ways to go around things. Our stance on it is what makes us different.
Why complicate things?

Just add some additional HTML / PHP code to a tour page.

Thats a much easier way to do it

Actually, to be fair, this isnt just true of NATS, its true of any affiliate script, whether they have been provided by a billing processor or by a third party company or even custom programmed.

Regards,

Lee
Old 12-18-2004, 08:53 AM   #28
European Lee
Confirmed User

Quote:
Also, "put up or shut up" applies here. I can go around all day making claims I can fly or that I just bought Microsoft. Your words are words alone until you have something to back them up with.
See my post above

Php incudes ;)

Regards,

Lee
Old 12-18-2004, 08:54 AM   #29
European Lee
Confirmed User

Quote:
Don't you think the stand up thing to do if you were stand up and email or ICQ John about a possible issue in the program if there is one so that nobody can shave? If it wasn't fixed then you should come to the board to warn people...
But its not an issue in the program, its an issue in EVERY program.

Regards,

Lee
Old 12-18-2004, 08:54 AM   #30
TMM_John
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Why complicate things?

Just add some additional HTML / PHP code to a tour page.

Thats a much easier way to do it

Actually, to be fair, this isnt just true of NATS, its true of any affiliate script, whether they have been provided by a billing processor or by a third party company or even custom programmed.

Regards,

Lee

If you only had half a clue the checks and balances built in to detect that at points.

Move along. Obviously you were just in need of some attention this morning.

Also, I will be checking with all of our clients monday to see if you are associated with any of them.

If you are using NATS or working for someone who does please let me know. If you are not then please refrain from stating "We're Using NATS".
Old 12-18-2004, 08:55 AM   #31
TMM_John
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
This is an example of nothing more than someone who needs some attention first thing in the morning. Some people thrive on "GFY Drama".
Old 12-18-2004, 08:57 AM   #32
brand0n
been very busy

so why not quit being sucha cocksucker (had to get 1 of those in) and tell them how you fucked up the soft so they can fix it?

just an idea.

Regards,

b
Old 12-18-2004, 08:58 AM   #33
TMM_John
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally posted by brand0n
so why not quit being sucha cocksucker (had to get 1 of those in) and tell them how you fucked up the soft so they can fix it?

just an idea.

Regards,

b
That's called being mature and professional. Apparently our friend here would rather run to GFY with grand "claims" to get some sig views.
Old 12-18-2004, 08:58 AM   #34
Dalai lama
Strength and Honor

Quote:

A program you can trust.
Gallerybooster Run multiply TGPs of 1 script
Dalai lama is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 08:58 AM   #35
European Lee
Confirmed User

Quote:
If you only had half a clue the checks and balances built in to detect that at points.
So you are saying it is not possible to use php includes to return a different page at any given time to strip the tracking section of the affiliates id on a tour page?

You might want to speak to your programmers to confirm this before you end up talking out of your ass any more

The simple fact is, no matter what type of affiliate software a sponsor uses, whether it be nats, mpa or, an ibill, ccbill or epoch linking code, it is possible to change the pages that surfers are presented with specifically not to include any typ of affiliate tracking.

Of course i realize this screws with your whole marketing plan for nats but the reality of it is, the method i mentioned above is a reality.

Regards,

Lee
Old 12-18-2004, 08:59 AM   #36
some_idiot
Confirmed User

Well duh!

You can pull just about any kind of crap you want in htaccess
rules before apache even hands the surfer off to scripts.

...do you want to get caught doing it though.

This AVS pays my mortgage!
some_idiot is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 09:00 AM   #37
European Lee
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally posted by brand0n

just an idea.

Regards,

b
Perhaps you missed my post above stating this isnt just a nats issue? It is true on ANY type of affiliate based tracking.

Regards,

Lee
Old 12-18-2004, 09:00 AM   #38
TMM_John
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
So you are saying it is not possible to use php includes to return a different page at any given time to strip the tracking section of the affiliates id on a tour page?

You might want to speak to your programmers to confirm this before you end up talking out of your ass any more

The simple fact is, no matter what type of affiliate software a sponsor uses, whether it be nats, mpa or, an ibill, ccbill or epoch linking code, it is possible to change the pages that surfers are presented with specifically not to include any typ of affiliate tracking.

Of course i realize this screws with your whole marketing plan for nats but the reality of it is, the method i mentioned above is a reality.

Regards,

Lee
You should give reading what I wrote a try. Might make you look like less of an idiot.

Can you do that? Yes.

Will we eventually catch wind of it and terminate your liscense? Yes.
Old 12-18-2004, 09:01 AM   #39
European Lee
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally posted by some_idiot
Well duh!

You can pull just about any kind of crap you want in htaccess
rules before apache even hands the surfer off to scripts.

...do you want to get caught doing it though.
Dont know about getting caught doing it becase the fact remains we wouldnt do it at all.

I just wanted to point out that putting faith blindly in a program because of th type of affiliate script they are using is crazy at best.

Regards,

Lee
Old 12-18-2004, 09:01 AM   #40
TMM_John
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Perhaps you missed my post above stating this isnt just a nats issue? It is true on ANY type of affiliate based tracking.

Regards,

Lee
Yet you chose to claim you're using NATS in your topic to get more attention? I'm flattered.
Old 12-18-2004, 09:01 AM   #41
bret
Confirmed User

Quote:

Move along. Obviously you were just in need of some attention this morning.

Also, I will be checking with all of our clients monday to see if you are associated with any of them.

If you are using NATS or working for someone who does please let me know. If you are not then please refrain from stating "We're Using NATS".
Come on John... don't be so arrogant.. You know as well as i do, GIGO. That simple law makes shaving very easy regardless of what software one uses.
bret is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 09:02 AM   #42
European Lee
Confirmed User

Quote:
Will we eventually catch wind of it and terminate your liscense? Yes.
So just to clarify..

It is possible to shave if we did in fact use NATS?

However if you somehow found out about it, you would terminate our license?

Regards,

Lee
Old 12-18-2004, 09:03 AM   #43
European Lee
Confirmed User

Quote:
Yet you chose to claim you're using NATS in your topic to get more attention? I'm flattered.
Nats is the latest 'fad' in the industry, just as mpa was several months back, i could quite easily have used any affiliate script name in the thread topic, the fact still remains though, shaving is possible irrespective of the affiliate script being used.

You can debate the issue all you like, it doesnt change the fact it is truth.

Regards,

Lee
Old 12-18-2004, 09:03 AM   #44
TMM_John
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally posted by bret
Come on John... don't be so arrogant.. You know as well as i do, GIGO. That simple law makes shaving very easy regardless of what software one uses.
I have no idea what GIGO is. And also, you're missing the point. I've said you can put things around NATS to fuck with the #s, of course you can. I have NEVER MADE THE CLAIM THAT YOU CAN'T. We simply keep our eyes 100% open for it. Have things in place to watch for it. And have very strict penatlies should someone be caught doing so.

You people need to stop going over and over the same point again after I address it. I'm getting tired of typing the same thing over and over again becuase people don't read it.
Old 12-18-2004, 09:04 AM   #45
TMM_John
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Nats is the latest 'fad' in the industry, just as mpa was several months back, i could quite easily have used any affiliate script name in the thread topic, the fact still remains though, shaving is possible irrespective of the affiliate script being used.

You can debate the issue all you like, it doesnt change the fact it is truth.

Regards,

Lee
Again and again and again and again.

I have never said it's impossible.

Move along and get your attention from someone else please.
Old 12-18-2004, 09:05 AM   #46
TMM_John
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
So just to clarify..

It is possible to shave if we did in fact use NATS?

However if you somehow found out about it, you would terminate our license?

Regards,

Lee
Yes, as I said you could change your DNS every 20 minutes. You could swap servers every hour. You could not send checks, etc.

And yes, in a heart beat they would.
Old 12-18-2004, 09:06 AM   #47
TMM_John
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I'm done with this thread. It's a Saturday morning and believe it or not I have things to do.

I've stated our standing 30 times in this thread alone. If you don't get it by now you never will.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Old 12-18-2004, 09:07 AM   #48
European Lee
Confirmed User

Quote:
Yes, as I said you could change your DNS every 20 minutes. You could swap servers every hour. You could not send checks, etc.

And yes, in a heart beat they would.
Okay thanks.

Although i still dont understand why someone would want to do something as complicated as changing their DNS every 20 minutes when it is as simple as adding a .php include to a tour page.

Ah well, i guess it takes all sorts.

Regards,

Lee
Old 12-18-2004, 09:08 AM   #49
TMM_John
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Okay thanks.

Although i still dont understand why someone would want to do something as complicated as changing their DNS every 20 minutes when it is as simple as adding a .php include to a tour page.

Ah well, i guess it takes all sorts.

Regards,

Lee
If you were a dog, you would chase your tail all day long. You really enjoy going in circles.

Good bye.
Old 12-18-2004, 09:13 AM   #50
bret
Confirmed User

Quote:
I have no idea what GIGO is. And also, you're missing the point. I've said you can put things around NATS to fuck with the #s, of course you can. I have NEVER MADE THE CLAIM THAT YOU CAN'T. We simply keep our eyes 100% open for it. Have things in place to watch for it. And have very strict penatlies should someone be caught doing so.

You people need to stop going over and over the same point again after I address it. I'm getting tired of typing the same thing over and over again becuase people don't read it.
Garbage In Garbage Out. Its a pun of FIFO (First In First Out) or a Queue vs LIFO (Last In First Out) aka a Stack.

Anyway, I am not trying to bust your balls. But a false sense of security is far worse then no security at all.

Shaving happens, and no amount of checks and balances could ever stop it. As long as a system works on decisions based on information from an outside source the logic can be cracked.

I do commend your efforts to curb shaving, don't get me wrong. I am very passionate about coding, and appreciate anyone who puts their blood sweat and tears into a project.

bret is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >