Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 01-04-2005, 11:59 AM   #1
Donny
As you wish...

Industry Role:
Some Lessons from Kabbalah for the Bible Believers Here

I posted this in another thread where someone is talking about their beliefs in the Bible, but it really deserves it's own thread. As I mentioned before, I've recently begun studying Kabbalah because I find it fascinating. The part I like most about it is where it points out that several areas of the Bible were incorrectly translated. The original text the Bible came from was mostly Hebrew and Aramaic. There are so many words that don't translate to English, as well as idioms that can't be correctly translated.

When some of the mistakes from the Bible were pointed out to me I lost most of my anger towards Christians. They are basically reading a "dumbed down" version of the original and trying their best to figure out what it means. By "dumbed down" I mean they don't have the full story. The authors of the Bible did not really believe God punished (nor blessed) anyone. They actually believe that man excercises true free will on earth.

Let's take Electricity as an example of the no punishment or blessing thing: If you stick your finger in a light socket and get shocked, would you say the light socket is punishing you? Likewise, if you plug in a lamp to the light socket and it lights up a room, would you say the electricity is blessing you? Of course not. In the first case you did not know how to properly use the power of the electricity. In the latter case, you harnessed the power of the electricity by using a machine (the lamp) that was built to use the electricity's power in a proper way.

The authors of the Bible, when reading what they actually wrote, felt the same way. They felt God is not an actual being (it's just easier to describe this power as a being) but that he is the creative force and power that formed the world and is still the energy that holds everything together. He doesn't punish, nor reward. Humans just suffer because they do not know how to properly use the power available to them. The bad (and good) that happens is a result of cause and effect. Just like in physics: "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction". Some cause and effect is seperated by time so we don't always see the "cause" for things. Sometimes something bad happens in your life that seems to come from nowhere, but if you were to step back and look at your life and could remove the time barriers you might see what the cause was for the bad situation (or good situation) you are currently facing.

And the original authors of the Bible didn't believe in a literal hell either. They were just trying to use examples that people of the time could understand to prove their points. You have to remember that most people were not educated at that time. Those who take the Bible to be completely literal are fools.
Donny is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 12:02 PM   #2
Donny
As you wish...

Industry Role:
Some of the stuff Kabbalists teach makes me scratch my head, but a large majority of it makes a LOT of sense. I've also learned that several famous scientists/scholars, etc studied it. Men such as Plato, Newton and Thomas Edison.

Some of the things that are talked about thousands of years ago are now reality and called "science". But at that time the people couldn't comprehend WTF Kabbalists were talking about and labeled them as "mystics".

Imagine trying to explain cell phones to the religious a few hundred years ago... and then imagine pulling out a cell phone and letting them talk to someone. They'd label you an evil person, or witch, and burn you at the stake.
Donny is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 12:03 PM   #3
ironlung
Confirmed User

hmm damn that is pretty interesting

ironlung is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 12:04 PM   #4
AlienQ - BANNED FOR LIFE
best designer on GFY

Location: IALIEN.COM - High Definition Video and Photographic Productions -ICQ 78943384
Times have not changed that much, people die everyday in the name of god.
AlienQ - BANNED FOR LIFE is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 12:04 PM   #5
Twe Russ
Confirmed User

Where are the lessons? All you showed us was a lesson on cut and paste for now. ;)

Contact information - ICQ: 7.9.0.3.0.0 · AIM: no roach · E-Mail: roachito || @ || gmail || . || com
[Friend Finder - Geo Targeting & Incredible Site Ratio] - [Credit Card Traffic - Make $65 Per Join]
Twe Russ is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 12:09 PM   #6
ADL_JD
Confirmed User

One of the most interesting mis-translations in the Bible is about the Virgin Birth. When Isaiah predicted the coming of the Jews Savior he said that it would be from a "Young Girl" and not a "Virgin Girl" as what was translated. And of course the New Testament writers had to make the story fit so they created the Virgin Birth.

There are literally thousands of mis-translations that have affected religion forever.

Seven great niches - black, teen, gay, mature, latin, asian, swinger.

ADL_JD is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 12:10 PM   #7
ironlung
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADL_JD
One of the most interesting mis-translations in the Bible is about the Virgin Birth. When Isaiah predicted the coming of the Jews Savior he said that it would be from a "Young Girl" and not a "Virgin Girl" as what was translated. And of course the New Testament writers had to make the story fit so they created the Virgin Birth.

There are literally thousands of mis-translations that have affected religion forever.
damn man that is some pretty crazy shit
ironlung is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 12:12 PM   #8
Femme Fa'tale
Confirmed User

Let's admit it ... we once believe in such things...
Femme Fa'tale is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 12:14 PM   #9
ADL_JD
Confirmed User

This is a very complicated subject and really there are no original authors of the Bible as people would have one believe. It is true that the original stories of the Bible (the Torah) were in Hebrew. But the books that are knows as the Torah today were brought to Judea by Ezra from Babylon after the Babylonians were conquered by the Persians. Ezra, and his scribes, must have changed quite a lot about the text, added stories, etc because there are so many Babylonian influences in the "Original Torah." Take one of the most prominent - the Epic of Gilgamesh - which is so closely related to the story of Noah that it is obviously copied from the Babylonians and inserted into the Old testament. (BTW - where the Aramaic comes in is that was the language of the Babylonians. So, when the Jews were released from Babylon so many of them spoke Aramaic that it changed the language forever... then came greek after).

Then there were the later editions of the old testament that were added in two separate times. The latest as as late as 100 AD.

Just some fun Biblical lessons!

ADL_JD is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 12:16 PM   #10
- Jesus Christ -
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Location: ::::::::::::: :::::::::::||::::::::::: :::::::::::||::::::::::: :::::::::::||::::::::::: :::::::::::||::::::::::: :::::::::::||::::::::::: ::::::||||||||||||:::::: :::::::::::||::::::::::: :::::::::::||::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::
You're telling other poeple they are fools while buying into a cult trying to explain the beliefs of a differnt cult and why their made up bullshit is wrong and your made up bullshit is right.

See the RETARDED irony yet?

Amen
- Jesus Christ - is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 12:17 PM   #11
Donny
As you wish...

Industry Role:
Quote:

Here is what one Jewish site has to say about Jesus:

Messiah : The Criteria

Judge for yourself:
Did Jesus fulfill ALL these criteria?

The Jewish tradition of "The Messiah" has its foundation in numerous biblical references, and understands "The Messiah" to be a human being - without any overtone of deity or divinity - who will bring about certain changes in the world and fulfill certain criteria before he can be acknowledged as "The Messiah".

?
First of all, he must be Jewish - "...you may appoint a king over you, whom the L-rd your G-d shall choose: one from among your brethren shall you set as king over you." (Deuteronomy 17:15)

He must be a member of the tribe of Judah - "The staff shall not depart from Judah, nor the sceptre from between his feet..." (Genesis 49:10)

To be a member of the tribe of Judah, the person must have a biological father who is a member of the tribe of Judah.

He must be a direct male descendant of King David and King Solomon, his son - "And when your days (David) are fulfilled, and you shall sleep with your fathers, I will set up your seed after you, who shall issue from your bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build a house for my name, and I will make firm the throne of his kingdom forever..." (2 Samuel 7:12 - 13)

The genealogy of the New Testament is inconsistent. While it gives two accounts of the genealogy of Joseph, it states clearly that he is not the biological father of Jesus. One of the genealogies is through Nathan and not Solomon altogether!

He must gather the Jewish people from exile and return them to Israel -"And he shall set up a banner for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth." (Isaiah 11:12)

Are all Jews living in Israel? Have all Jews EVER lived in Israel since the time of Jesus?

He must rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem - "...and I will set my sanctuary in their midst forever and my tabernacle shall be with them.." (Ezekiel 37:26 - 27)

At last check, there is NO Temple in Jerusalem. And worse, it was shortly after Jesus died that the Temple was DESTROYED! Just the opposite of this prophecy!

He will rule at a time of world-wide peace - "...they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore." (Micah 4:3)

Have you seen a newspaper lately? Are we living in a state of complete world peace? Has there ever been peace since the time of Jesus?

ha

He will rule at a time when the Jewish people will observe G-d's commandments - "My servant David shall be king over them; and they shall all have one shepherd. They shall follow My ordinances and be careful to observe My statutes." (Ezekiel 37:24)

The Torah is the Jewish guide to life, and its commandments are the ones referred to here. Do all Jews observe all the commandments? Christianity, in fact, often discourages observance of the commandments in Torah, in complete opposition to this prophecy.

He will rule at a time when all people will come to acknowledge and serve one G-d - "And it shall come to pass that from one new moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before Me, says the L-rd" (Isaiah 66:23)

there are still millions if not billions of people in the world today who adhere to paganistic and polytheistic religions. It is clear that we have not yet seen this period of human history unfold.

All of these criteria are best stated in the book of Ezekiel Chapter 37 verses 24-28:

And David my servant shall be king over them; and they shall all have one shepherd. they shall also follow My judgments and observe My statutes, and do them. And they shall dwell in the land that I have given to Yaakov my servant, in which your fathers have dwelt and they shall dwell there, they and their children, and their children's children forever; and my servant David shall be their prince forever. Moreover, I will make a covenant of peace with them, it shall be an everlasting covenant with them, which I will give them; and I will multiply them and I will set my sanctuary in the midst of them forevermore. And my tabernacle shall be with them: and I will be their G-d and they will be my people. Then the nations shall know that I am the L-rd who sanctifies Israel, when My sanctuary will be in the midst of them forevermore.

If an individual fails to fulfill even one of these conditions, then he cannot be "The Messiah." A careful analysis of these criteria shows us that to date, no one has fulfilled every condition.

Certainly NOT Jesus
Old 01-04-2005, 12:20 PM   #12
AlienQ - BANNED FOR LIFE
best designer on GFY

Location: IALIEN.COM - High Definition Video and Photographic Productions -ICQ 78943384
Here is somthing important:
Man is incapable of making a move without there being some advantage in it for him. In order to act, he must first see how he may gain from it. This gain serves as the fuel that gets him moving. The fuel is either the immediate or future gain he envisages. If a person does not feel there is any profit or there will not be any in the future, he will immediately halt his actions. That is because man cannot exist without feeling he will gain something.

"Unraveling human behavior is not easy nor is it easy to step out from being human but somthing else in mind." - Alienq, The Kabbalist Early 2005
AlienQ - BANNED FOR LIFE is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 12:21 PM   #13
ADL_JD
Confirmed User

I have been studying a lot of the history of the Jews around the time of Jesus. The thing that really sticks out to me is that the TIME was ripe The Messiah. The Jews had first seen the Greek invasions and then the Romans. They were feeling really repressed.

One of the most fascinating elements were that there were a group of Gentiles called "God-fearers." There were people that believed in the Hebrew God but did not want to follow their strict dietary laws or be circumcised (who would - you have these great Greeks that came through with all their culture, food, and excesses). So, these people weren't Jewish but they believed in one God and the God of the Jews.

So, what do you think happened when Paul (In my eyes really the one responsible for Christianity) comes along speaking their language, telling them don't worry about circumcision or Kosher food - you can be one of us without that. The flocks came.

Again, the times were right!

Old 01-04-2005, 12:21 PM   #14
Femme Fa'tale
Confirmed User

We can compare the bible (mostly the old testament) to any historical books wherein if scientifically proven wrong can be rewritten or perhaps be razed ...
Femme Fa'tale is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 12:23 PM   #15
Donny
As you wish...

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by - Jesus Christ -
You're telling other poeple they are fools while buying into a cult trying to explain the beliefs of a differnt cult and why their made up bullshit is wrong and your made up bullshit is right.

Did I say "I believe this" or did I say "this is interesting"?? Did I not, in my second post, say that some of what they believe is "out there"?

I simply said that anyone who takes the Bible literally is a fool. Did I say "If you believe what Kabbalah teaches you are not a fool"? Nope.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:24 PM   #16
- Jesus Christ -
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Location: ::::::::::::: :::::::::::||::::::::::: :::::::::::||::::::::::: :::::::::::||::::::::::: :::::::::::||::::::::::: :::::::::::||::::::::::: ::::::||||||||||||:::::: :::::::::::||::::::::::: :::::::::::||::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::
Don't split hairs.

If you don't believe it do us a favor and shut up about it.

Amen
- Jesus Christ - is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 12:25 PM   #17
Donny
As you wish...

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienQ
- Alienq, The Kabbalist Early 2005

I love that!
Old 01-04-2005, 12:26 PM   #18
Donny
As you wish...

Industry Role:
Quote:
Don't split hairs.

If you don't believe it do us a favor and shut up about it.
Jesus, since you know everything being the Son of God and all, you'd know that this thread was started because I love to debate with Christians who take the Bible so literally, and therefore cause so much harm in the world. I really like giving them something to think about.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:29 PM   #19
brand0n
been very busy

selling porn on the net = sure fire way to avoid heaven. we are all damned. no reason to study anything.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:31 PM   #20
ADL_JD
Confirmed User

JC - I take it you believe in the Bible, everything it says, all its lessons...

?

Just curious.

Old 01-04-2005, 12:32 PM   #21
Femme Fa'tale
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brand0n
selling porn on the net = sure fire way to avoid heaven. we are all damned. no reason to study anything.
porn is porn !
Old 01-04-2005, 12:33 PM   #22
- Jesus Christ -
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonovanPhillips
Jesus, since you know everything being the Son of God and all, you'd know that this thread was started because I love to debate with Christians who take the Bible so literally, and therefore cause so much harm in the world. I really like giving them something to think about.
Everyone is the son of god.
No one is the son of god.
I don't proclaim the existence or non-existence of god.

"I really like giving them something to think about."

Its too bad thats the road that leads to wars and hate over dogma.
Thinking about bullshit coming from the prospective of someone else's bullshit does not HELP anyone it simply creates conflict and if you deny that you may be the fool.

Quote:
JC - I take it you believe in the Bible, everything it says, all its lessons...

?

Just curious.
No.

Its like if my board name was Zeus and you asked me if I belive Zeus will toss a lightning bolt at me.

Amen
Old 01-04-2005, 12:33 PM   #23
AlienQ - BANNED FOR LIFE
best designer on GFY

I read alot of the Kabbala.

I have no faith in anything other than there is somthing else in the works of this mother fucking world.

Jesus, Alah, Buddha, Mephistophles have no place in the elemental confines of this reality, why people argue over it and die I have no idea. It does not make sense, infact religeous faith in the world brings upon a person illogical convictions that are not there own bringing about illogical behavior that they would not ordinarily do.

Why do Catholics Rape? Why Do Jewish people murder? Why does the Budhist commit suicide? I believe it is all bad programming.

Last edited by AlienQ - BANNED FOR LIFE; 01-04-2005 at 12:35 PM..
Old 01-04-2005, 12:43 PM   #24
Femme Fa'tale
Confirmed User

The responsibilities behind our beliefs is the most important part ... it's easy to say we belong to this group and believe this things .. but the hardest part is keeping all responsibilities at hand...
Old 01-04-2005, 02:07 PM   #25
emthree
Dialer Kingpin

Keep it going guys, interesting stuff to take in. This is pretty much the way I always felt, cause and effect/reward and punishment. However, I still feel that there are certain things beyond our control as human beings ... we are only capable of so much. We control our destiny to a certain extent, and after that point is reached it's beyond our control.

I cant hardly wait until GFY religious nuts jump on board.

Sell Patches & Pills
emthree is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 02:13 PM   #26
emthree
Dialer Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by brand0n
Prostitutes were around since the early ages. It was an occupation, not a deep seeded evil plan to fill the world with filth.
They faced the consequences of their actions, weather it be rape/murder or whatever.

Just like us, we sell porn and entertainment and face the aftermath (some more than others).
If your way of thinking was true, half of the world would be screwed for BUYING porn as well.

Sell Patches & Pills
emthree is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 02:15 PM   #27
emthree
Dialer Kingpin

I bet there's some surfers reading this right now, thinking to themselves "hah religion on an adult webmaster board"

Sell Patches & Pills
Old 01-04-2005, 02:29 PM   #28
Femme Fa'tale
Confirmed User

Though everyone of us are in porn industry...we can't escape the fact that everyone of us had its own beliefs in terms of this religion thing...we do see things in different angles ... like this thread ... tasteless in time but meaningful in nature....

Last edited by Femme Fa'tale; 01-04-2005 at 02:30 PM.. Reason: grammar err
Old 01-04-2005, 03:01 PM   #29
jonesy
Confirmed User

bible, torah, koran, buddah, hindu ect

its all about interpretation.

either you get the gist of the message of the story/lesson being told or you dont.

but

every person reading the same story can have a different interpretation.

thats why theres many different denominations under the umbrella of all the religions - christianity you have a shitload Fundamentalist, Evangelical Protestants, born again chritians, Roman Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, Presbyterians, Methodists, Episcopalians, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Christian Scientists ect, - Shi'a, Sufis, Sunnis in islam - Reform, Conservative and Orthodox movements in judism. - Theravada, Mahayana, Tibetan and Modern Buddhism.

most people on this earth are stupid hence the problems we as people have with religion, the interpretation of it and the true meaning of it.

and the true meaning is

live life in a positive manner.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:20 PM   #30
jayeff
Confirmed User

One of the fundamental differences between Judaism and Christianity is that Christians believe in personal salvation, while Jews do not. For Jews there is no personal resurrection (therefore nor personal hell) and one's relationship with G-d is as a member of a people and not as an individual. The Jewish view is consistent with the universal power concept expressed in the original post in this thread: not surprising, since there is a Kaballah derived from the teachings of the Torah (others are derived from Greek Orthodox writings and other sources). Another is that for Jews, their religion is less a faith than a part of their being.

But the most obvious difference between Jews and Christians is that only Christians accept Christ as the Messiah. However, between his transformation from Jewish preacher to part of the Christian Trinity, both he and his teachings underwent several changes.

The first is that as a Jew, if Jesus had spoken about personal salvation, he would have found it near impossible to communicate with an audience which had been steeped for thousands of years in a contrary belief. Sure enough, there is nothing any of the New Testament, spoken by Jesus himself, which so much as hints at this concept.

St. Paul is mainly responsible for the shape that Christianity took and therefore to a large extent for how we perceive Christ himself. Whatever the truths of Christ's life, it is certain that Christians have a very different image of him than the Jews of the time - even those who approved of his teachings - would have had. We often forget that Paul, in order to promote the new religion to Greeks and Romans, had to spin Christianity so that it would appeal to people who already had their own panoply of gods and beliefs that were not only contrary to the beliefs of the Jews, but contrary to each other. Which of course means that since Christians cannot ignore the existence of the Old Testament, we have therefore placed our own interpretations on it, so that it can link to the New Testament without too much strain.

Add all of that to what has already been mentioned about the many different sources of biblical writings, and there are inevitably going to be discrepancies: even before scholars begin to provide their own interpretations.

Which is a very long-winded way to try to make the point that even if it were valid to try to use logic as a way to prove or disprove a matter of faith, using discrepancies between one written source and another at the very least requires an understanding of why those discrepancies exist.
jayeff is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 03:26 PM   #31
PerfectionGirls
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeff
One of the fundamental differences between Judaism and Christianity is that Christians believe in personal salvation, while Jews do not. For Jews there is no personal resurrection (therefore nor personal hell) and one's relationship with G-d is as a member of a people and not as an individual. The Jewish view is consistent with the universal power concept expressed in the original post in this thread: not surprising, since there is a Kaballah derived from the teachings of the Torah (others are derived from Greek Orthodox writings and other sources). Another is that for Jews, their religion is less a faith than a part of their being.

But the most obvious difference between Jews and Christians is that only Christians accept Christ as the Messiah. However, between his transformation from Jewish preacher to part of the Christian Trinity, both he and his teachings underwent several changes.

The first is that as a Jew, if Jesus had spoken about personal salvation, he would have found it near impossible to communicate with an audience which had been steeped for thousands of years in a contrary belief. Sure enough, there is nothing any of the New Testament, spoken by Jesus himself, which so much as hints at this concept.

St. Paul is mainly responsible for the shape that Christianity took and therefore to a large extent for how we perceive Christ himself. Whatever the truths of Christ's life, it is certain that Christians have a very different image of him than the Jews of the time - even those who approved of his teachings - would have had. We often forget that Paul, in order to promote the new religion to Greeks and Romans, had to spin Christianity so that it would appeal to people who already had their own panoply of gods and beliefs that were not only contrary to the beliefs of the Jews, but contrary to each other. Which of course means that since Christians cannot ignore the existence of the Old Testament, we have therefore placed our own interpretations on it, so that it can link to the New Testament without too much strain.

Add all of that to what has already been mentioned about the many different sources of biblical writings, and there are inevitably going to be discrepancies: even before scholars begin to provide their own interpretations.

Which is a very long-winded way to try to make the point that even if it were valid to try to use logic as a way to prove or disprove a matter of faith, using discrepancies between one written source and another at the very least requires an understanding of why those discrepancies exist.
Wow.... you know your stuff.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:33 PM   #32
AlienQ - BANNED FOR LIFE
best designer on GFY

SUmmary?

This is GFY you expect people to read all that?
Old 01-04-2005, 05:13 PM   #33
Donny
As you wish...

Industry Role:
I need to tell you about a call I had today with a man from the Kabbalah Center in LA. A few weeks ago I emailed him and told him all about what I do for a living. Today he called and said that he's been thinking about some of the things I told him and the questions I asked him. Contrary to what I thought he'd say, he assured me that he does not want me to stop my involvement in this business. He said that what we do on the physical level is really of very little importance. What is important is what is inside of us. Example: do we like to help others, do we share with them and help them in time of need, etc.

Those who know me are aware that I do indeed share quite a bit with others. I love helping people in many ways. My brother, friends, family, complete strangers, etc.

Kabbalistic teachings do not condemn. I love that about them. This teacher is saying that in his opinion, if I use this business to help others I am still bringing light into the world. That is good to hear, because I've always thought that I use this business for good in many ways. I've given thousands and thousands of dollars to every day people in need.

Of course, I could always share more. There are always more people who can be helped, but it sure as hell is refreshing to hear someone "spiritual" say that I should feel no condemnation for owning an "adult" business. I wish more religious people could see things this way.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:16 PM   #34
Donny
As you wish...

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeff

Very, very nice post. Thanks!
Old 01-04-2005, 08:26 PM   #35
Donny
As you wish...

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienQ
SUmmary?

This is GFY you expect people to read all that?
Some will, some won't.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:30 PM   #36
Bill8
Confirmed User

It's been impossible so far to prove that kabalah is older than about the 11th century, I believe. It's mostly a medieval creation.

So. while Newton definitely studied it and it wouldn't surprise me if Edison did, Plato almost certainly never had any contact with anything we would recognize as kabalah.

It was really common for medieval books and systems to claim an ancient tradition. Take for example the hermetic texts which were a medieval/renaissance rage. Everyone believed and claimed the texts were written before the time of moses, but they were actually written 300-500 ad.

Just something to keep in mind.
Bill8 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 10:39 PM   #37
GatorB
The Demon & 12clicks

Industry Role:
Of course the Bible is full of eorrs. People think Moses parted teh RED Sea and it was mistranslated. It was the REED SEA or "Sea of reeds" which really was a small lake. Of course he didn't rally part it. He benfitted by a 40 MHP gale that split the lake in half and they crosssed the sand bar in the middle, by the time the egyptians got there the gale died down and the lake came rushing back in.

Of course that's just one example. By the way Jesus was born on April 17th and the wise men didn't get there until Dec 19th when he was 8 months old.
GatorB is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 10:40 PM   #38
pornguy

Industry Role:
This is something that I hate to get into with people on a bord.

AmateurDough The Hottes Shemales online!
TChicks.com | Angeles Cid | Mariana Cordoba | MAILERS WELCOME!
pornguy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 10:42 PM   #39
Donny
As you wish...

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorB
Of course the Bible is full of eorrs. People think Moses parted teh RED Sea and it was mistranslated. It was the REED SEA or "Sea of reeds" which really was a small lake. Of course he didn't rally part it. He benfitted by a 40 MHP gale that split the lake in half and they crosssed the sand bar in the middle, by the time the egyptians got there the gale died down and the lake came rushing back in.

Of course that's just one example. By the way Jesus was born on April 17th and the wise men didn't get there until Dec 19th when he was 8 months old.
Where did you get these facts?
Old 06-21-2005, 12:40 AM   #40
V_RocKs
Damn Right I Kiss Ass!

Industry Role:
[V_RocKs] wondering if the facts will ever surface.
V_RocKs is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 12:48 AM   #41
clickhappy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I saw it on tv. If you just look at a page and read it then you'll get money.
and if youre looking for a lover then just look at another page.

but then they were talking about how they sell Kabbalah shirts and Kabbalah shot glasses, and that has me scratching my head.

so do you wear the red string?
and do you get rich from looking at that page?
clickhappy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:26 AM   #42
bhutocracy
Not making A Comeback

Industry Role:
ha.. So if god is just a force like electricity with no judgement how in fuck can Kabbalah be taught on top of the Torah and the Talmud like it always had been traditionally until they starting selling red string expensive water and expensive classes lol.
the Zohar is 13th century.
bhutocracy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:05 AM   #43
ADL Colin

Quote:
I need to tell you about a call I had today with a man from the Kabbalah Center in LA. A few weeks ago I emailed him and told him all about what I do for a living. Today he called and said that he's been thinking about some of the things I told him and the questions I asked him. Contrary to what I thought he'd say, he assured me that he does not want me to stop my involvement in this business. He said that what we do on the physical level is really of very little importance. What is important is what is inside of us.
Have they asked you for a donation yet?

Adult Date Link - $50 PPS starting NOW! -- good and JUICY!

skype = "adultdatelink"
ADL Colin is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:08 AM   #44
ADL Colin

Quote:
Where did you get these facts?
Reed sea. Commonly thought to be the correct translation by many biblical scholars.

Adult Date Link - $50 PPS starting NOW! -- good and JUICY!

skype = "adultdatelink"
ADL Colin is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:28 AM   #45
pradaboy
sell me your banners

Industry Role:
Very interesting thread... I'm happy to see such a "heavy" discussion here while still remaining friendly.

I have never studied Kabbalah and I'm not sure what it stands for, the way you explain it it sounds a bit like it was started by people who did believe in a "higher being" but who did not want to accept that they do not have total control over their lives and that they indeed can do something terribly wrong for which they will have to answer someday.

I find it odd how the man from the LA Kabbalah center responded to your business, although I find it great that he thought it over and did not condemn you immediately it's also a bit strange that he approves it because you do good with the money you earn from it. Helping people with money is the easiest thing to do and for those who have lots of it it means almost nothing, helping people in other aspects of life requires personal involvement, time and perhaps even love. All of these things have a much greater value over money.

Donny, you said you like to give Christians something to think about... what is your own belief though... are you Christian too or are you now leaning towards the Kabbalah beliefs?
pradaboy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:45 AM   #46
pradaboy
sell me your banners

Industry Role:
hmmm... Donny, after reading your interview with Luke just now I think I understand why you're trying to give Christians some food for thought.

You have seen your parents' marriage collapse because of the rules of their religion and you experienced the same with your wife. I can understand how this would make a man doubt the very religion which caused this but you must understand that there is a big difference between religion and belief.

Organized religion tends to make things worse because there are almost always people involved who have a different agenda, be it financial gains, a thirst for power or even sexual gratification. This is why I am opposed to such organized religion... I believe, and the Bible confirms this, that my relationship with God is something personal... one on one. I do not need a church or a priest to contact Him, I do not have to go to church every sunday just because they say so.
I agree with you that the Bible has errors and that not everything should be taken literally. I feel though that you're only seeking something that fits into YOUR life and that doesn't change the way you're living now.

If I'm really far off please accept my apologies because it is not my intention to hurt anyone but reading your interview and following posts you have made I do believe I'm on the right track.

Last edited by pradaboy; 06-21-2005 at 03:47 AM..
pradaboy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:57 AM   #47
JFK
FUBAR the ORIGINATOR

Industry Role:
Quote:

Thank You -Jesus Christ- havent seen you post in a while........

Sig Spot Available –contact JFK @ FUBARWebmasters.com
FUBAR Webmasters - The FUBAR Times - FUBAR Webmasters Mobile - FUBARTV.XXX
For promo opps contact jfk at fubarwebmasters dot com
JFK is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 04:05 AM   #48
alexg
IL4L.com

my penis is long and thick
alexg is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 04:11 AM   #49
pradaboy
sell me your banners

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexg
my penis is long and thick
That's Juicy's line!
Old 06-21-2005, 04:12 AM   #50
pradaboy
sell me your banners

Industry Role:
gotta get 50
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >