Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 03-23-2005, 03:10 PM   #1
Xenophage

Industry Role:
Legendary Lars and Adult Friend Finder Merge

You just heard us on YNOTRADIO??.but to say it again?..cause we are just so damned tickled about this??.Various, the new parent company for
FriendFinder, Inc. and Streamray Inc. have merged.

What does this mean to you, the community, our affiliates and partners? It means that two really great companies have joined forces to allow you to maximize your earning potential. This will allow your surfers to grab themselves a date or encounter one night and interact with a live web cam model ?..on the same night too.

Always an open door?..We are all about you! We are going on an awesome ride?..psyched you are going to come along!

FRIENDFINDER AND STREAMRAY INC. ANNOUNCE MERGER

PALO ALTO, Calif. -- Various Inc., the new parent company of FriendFinder, the world?s largest operator of dating and social networking websites, and Streamray Inc., one of the web?s leading live cam companies, have announced their merger. The combination of the two businesses will create a powerful online combination of technology, services and consumer websites.

Terms of the merger between the two privately held companies were not disclosed. Various operates 20 multicultural and multilingual sites, including the Friendfinder network. Streamray operates Cams.com and other pay-per-minute video feed services. Both companies offer technology-driven sites that aggregate and serve content provided by members or independent contractors.

?Various and Streamray have a natural affinity and offer preeminent products aimed at similar markets,? said Andrew Conru, CEO and founder of Various. ?This merger brings together two market leaders and creates an unparalleled partnership with the strongest technology and talent in the industry. The merger will give us an opportunity develop new and innovative services for members in our FriendFinder network, and use our resources to further develop Streamray.?

?We are very excited about the prospects for our affiliates and our customers,? said ?Legendary? Lars, owner of Las Vegas-based Streamray. ?All of our affiliates from both companies will benefit by a combination of our technologies and skills. Our customers will benefit by added services and improved support. In addition to potential cost savings from consolidating operations, Various and Streamray have distinctive product lines and complementary types of customers which should provide fertile ground for new marketing initiatives aimed at profitable revenue growth.?

Legendary Lars will remain president of Streamray. and assume the new role of marketing master at FriendFinder. Andrew will remain president of Various and will oversee the IT of the company.

The combined company of 180 employees will continue to operate separate affiliate programs but will develop programs to enable affiliates of both to easily promote the other. The company plans to announce key upgrades to their products and services in coming months.

FriendFinder Inc. is the world?s largest operator of dating and social networking websites with a growing network of over 20 multicultural and multilingual sites. In less than a decade, more than 90 million people have joined its sites, with more than 25 million active today.

A pioneer and innovator in online dating since its inception in 1996, FriendFinder Inc. empowers members to create virtual communities where they can privately and comfortably meet people with similar interests in a safe and stimulating environment. The privately funded company is based in Palo Alto, Calif.
Xenophage is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:10 PM   #2
Sean
revolutionforce.com

Industry Role:
Location: i moved from an ICQ box to a Skype box. left the skype box for a telegram box
there it is
Sean is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:11 PM   #3
sexyclicks
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
hey guys SEE SIG
sexyclicks is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:11 PM   #4
MickeyG
Confirmed User

awesome announcement can't wait to see how things work out.. congrats
MickeyG is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:12 PM   #5
erehwon
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
VERY COOL!
Old 03-23-2005, 03:12 PM   #6
Xenophage

Industry Role:
XBIZ wrote up a great little peice here

http://xbiz.com/news_piece.php?id=8031

thanks SO much
Xenophage is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:12 PM   #7
JFK
FUBAR the ORIGINATOR

Industry Role:
A Huge Congrats To both Parties !! Lars said it was going to be BIG and yes it is

Sig Spot Available –contact JFK @ FUBARWebmasters.com
FUBAR Webmasters - The FUBAR Times - FUBAR Webmasters Mobile - FUBARTV.XXX
For promo opps contact jfk at fubarwebmasters dot com
JFK is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:13 PM   #8
FunForOne
Confirmed User

Nice interview lars.
FunForOne is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:13 PM   #9
sherie
Confirmed User

Holy shit!! Congrats Lars, I am sorry I missed the show I wasn't home. Looking forward to seeing ya in PHX! And once again Congrats!
sherie is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:15 PM   #10
SleazyDream
I'm here for SPORT

Industry Role:
wow - this is HUGE

Now read without the word dog.
SleazyDream is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:15 PM   #11
candyflip
Carpe Visio

Industry Role:
Congrats to all involved.

Spend you some brain.
Email Me
candyflip is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:16 PM   #12
Elli
Reach for those stars!

Industry Role:
How exciting! That's so cool
Elli is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:17 PM   #13
$5 submissions
I help you SUCCEED

Industry Role:
That is HUGE news! Congrats to Steam Ray and Various. Talk about vertical integration!
$5 submissions is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:19 PM   #14
baddog
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Congrats, two great companies combined can only mean good things for the affiliates
baddog is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:20 PM   #15
nmcog
Confirmed User

Niiiicccceeeee
nmcog is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:24 PM   #16
SL|M!
Confirmed User

congrats!!!
SL|M! is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:24 PM   #17
Elli
Reach for those stars!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by $5 submissions
That is HUGE news! Congrats to Steam Ray and Various. Talk about vertical integration!
That's "Streamray"
Elli is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:25 PM   #18
Dugmor
The Traffic Cowboy

Industry Role:
This is HUGE ........... congrats to both !
Dugmor is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:27 PM   #19
Varius
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
That's quite a huge deal...good job keeping it a complete surprise

PS: Anyone but me find it funny their parent company is Various Inc? Since a lot of people mis-spell my handle 'Various' instead of 'Varius' sometimes, Reading that PR sounded like I was saying my name a ton of times
Old 03-23-2005, 03:28 PM   #20
Dazza
Confirmed User

So very impressive Lars. Congrats.
Dazza is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:29 PM   #21
WiredGuy
Pounding Googlebot

Industry Role:
Congrats to both companies, I can imagine the combined company will be able to offer one hell of a kickass product and service line.

Congrats.
WG
Old 03-23-2005, 03:30 PM   #22
Corleone
C.R.E.A.M

Industry Role:
WOW... congrats
Corleone is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:32 PM   #23
Xenophage

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varius
That's quite a huge deal...good job keeping it a complete surprise

PS: Anyone but me find it funny their parent company is Various Inc? Since a lot of people mis-spell my handle 'Various' instead of 'Varius' sometimes, Reading that PR sounded like I was saying my name a ton of times
I knew you would like that. Andrew did not know that you used the handle till I told him and he had already done the company name. And we own that URL. Definately not meant to offend you ! i really like you and see us doing mroe biz together in the future !
Old 03-23-2005, 03:33 PM   #24
Sean
revolutionforce.com

Industry Role:
Location: i moved from an ICQ box to a Skype box. left the skype box for a telegram box
its going to be a fun ride
Sean is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:35 PM   #25
Gottis
Confirmed User

Very nice merger, congrats
Old 03-23-2005, 03:36 PM   #26
Varius
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryLars
I knew you would like that. Andrew did not know that you used the handle till I told him and he had already done the company name. And we own that URL. Definately not meant to offend you ! i really like you and see us doing mroe biz together in the future !
I'm definately not offended, just found it kinda funny / cool

I've been using this handle since the dialup BBS days though, I think I first used it in some 'Door' game back in like 1994 heh
Old 03-23-2005, 03:36 PM   #27
GTS Mark
Formerly known as DH! :)

Wow that is HUGE!

DH

ICQ 5191566 / E-mail: [email protected]
Follow Us On Twitter. Also Sign Up For Our Newsletter For Updated Weekly Traffic Inventory
GTS Mark is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:37 PM   #28
dunefield
www.barely18movies.com

woah nice one...
Old 03-23-2005, 03:37 PM   #29
Vitasoy
GFY HALL OF FAME DAMMIT!!!

Wow.. two great programs, in one.

[email protected]
Vitasoy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:37 PM   #30
SureFire
Confirmed User

Congrats
SureFire is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:38 PM   #31
Xenophage

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varius
I'm definately not offended, just found it kinda funny / cool

I've been using this handle since the dialup BBS days though, I think I first used it in some 'Door' game back in like 1994 heh
kewl it was really hard keeping it a secret for 5 months hahahhah

I almost fucked up many many times.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:38 PM   #32
gecko

Congrats to both parties
Old 03-23-2005, 03:38 PM   #33
Manowar
jellyfish  

Wow. Awesome news
Manowar is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:39 PM   #34
r3ap3r
Confirmed User

Congrats!!!
Old 03-23-2005, 03:39 PM   #35
Bugbee
Confirmed User

Quote:
XBIZ wrote up a great little peice here

http://xbiz.com/news_piece.php?id=8031

thanks SO much
great story Lars!!!
bugbee AT x2k dot com

X2K consulting and media services - specializing in business development, technology and profitability of your new or existing products and services

X2K MEDIA SUITE

Need a high risk merchant account? Contact me..

Are you a donor? Have a heart and help someone in need. Go to the DMV and be sure you are a donor, it saves lives!!!!
Bugbee is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:39 PM   #36
Varius
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
kewl it was really hard keeping it a secret for 5 months hahahhah

I almost fucked up many many times.
I can understand, whenever you have something big coming, you always want to leak it out a little
Old 03-23-2005, 03:39 PM   #37
axelcat
Adult Locals

thats a huge deal
axelcat is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:40 PM   #38
ElvisManson
Looking California

Industry Role:
Congrats to Las and Andrew!!!!!!

but Not to the Irish Pimp. ;)
ElvisManson is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:41 PM   #39
Babagirls
Text Writer

damn, very nice! cant wait to see what you have in store for us affiliates of both programs.

Need a Text Writer?
Blogs|Reviews|Descriptions|Paysites|TGP's|Stories

Babagirls is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:41 PM   #40
KRL
Entrepreneur

I predict the sig market will be booming again now.

Domains Adult News KRL's Newsletter Biz Tips Just Listed Domains
KRL is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:42 PM   #41
Denis_SC
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
WOW .... This is so danm HUGE ! Congrats !!!
There are advantages for me in it as well. You know what I mean

Denis B.
ICQ 342-587-607
denis AT detamed.com
Denis_SC is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:43 PM   #42
StuartD
Sofa King Band

wow... that's rather massive. For the adult biz, that's the equivalent as Nike and Sony merging!
StuartD is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:53 PM   #43
jasonraz

nice, great for all
jasonraz is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:55 PM   #44
Denis_SC
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NichePay - StuartD
wow... that's rather massive. For the adult biz, that's the equivalent as Nike and Sony merging!
"Running cameras" & "Digital shoes" are coming .....

Denis B.
ICQ 342-587-607
denis AT detamed.com
Denis_SC is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:57 PM   #45
Tala
Fucked if I know

Wow!! Congrats to everyone involved!

ICQ: 11120676 | Google: mindcrime | Skype: suitemindcrime|E-Mail: mindcrime AT gmail.com|PR girl with great writing skills for hire!!!! Contact me to work for YOU!|TECHIEMEDIA? 24/7 support from some of the best techs in the biz. Tell Jim that I sent you.
Tala is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:58 PM   #46
Trax
[----------------------]

This is indeed huge... congrats to both parties...
even though I also have to say that I am unsure what's in with this deal for AFF...
time will tell
Trax is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:58 PM   #47
The Adult Broker
Confirmed User

A marriage made in heaven. Lars rocks and the entire AFF team is awesome.

Congrats to both companies, an impressive venture.

Gamma Entertainment | | Camz | Fleshbot| TheMobileBroker AdultShowsOnly
Lori Z., The Adult Broker | theadultbroker.com | [email protected] |
The Mobile Broker | themobilebroker.com | [email protected] |-Adult's ONE stop MOBILE shop
The Adult Broker is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:58 PM   #48
Xenophage

Industry Role:
another take on it

TWO GIANTS JOIN FORCES
FriendFinder merges with Streamray Inc.

Las Vegas, Nevada: Various Inc., the new parent company of FriendFinder, the world?s largest operator of dating and adult personals, and Streamray Inc., one of the web?s leading live cam companies, have announced their merger. The combination of the two businesses will create a powerful online combination of technology, services and consumer websites.

Various operates FriendFinder Inc. the world?s largest operator of dating and social networking websites with a growing network of over 20 multicultural and multilingual sites. Streamray operates Cams.com, LegendaryLars.com and StreamRay.com all pay-per minute live web cam programs.

The combined company of 180 employees will continue to operate separate affiliate programs but will develop programs to enable affiliates of both to easily promote the other. The company plans to announce key upgrades to their products and services in coming months.

?Various and Streamray have a natural affinity and offer preeminent products aimed at similar markets,? said Andrew Conru, CEO and founder of Various. ?This merger brings together two market leaders and creates an unparalleled partnership with the strongest technology and talent in the industry. The merger will give us an opportunity develop new and innovative services for members in our FriendFinder network, and use our resources to further develop Streamray.?

?We are very excited about the prospects for our affiliates and our customers,? said ?Legendary? Lars, owner of Las Vegas-based Streamray. ?All of our affiliates from both companies will benefit by a combination of our technologies and skills. Our customers will benefit by added services and improved support. In addition to potential cost savings from consolidating operations, Various and Streamray have distinctive product lines and complementary types of customers which should provide fertile ground for new marketing initiatives aimed at profitable revenue growth. This is a natural fit, this gives us the ability to blend one-stop shopping in human interaction and companionship on various levels and in a myriad of key niche marketplaces.?

Legendary Lars will remain president of Streamray. and assume the new role of marketing master at FriendFinder. Andrew will remain president of Various and will oversee the IT of the company.

FriendFinder Inc. is the world?s largest operator of dating and social networking websites with a growing network of over 20 multicultural and multilingual sites. In less than a decade, more than 90 million people have joined its sites, with more than 25 million active today.

A pioneer and innovator in online dating since its inception in 1996, FriendFinder Inc. empowers members to create virtual communities where they can privately and comfortably meet people with similar interests in a safe and stimulating environment. The privately funded company is based in Palo Alto, Calif.

Streamray, Inc., a Las Vegas based company, was founded in 1998. Streamray is a content aggregator and a global market leader in the online development and deployment of video and audio virtual communities.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:01 PM   #49
Xenophage

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
This is indeed huge... congrats to both parties...
even though I also have to say that I am unsure what's in with this deal for AFF...
time will tell

Hahahahah thats easy ME , our affiliates and relationships, ME and all of our staff and customer base and of course ME !

hahahhah is that pridefull enough or what
Old 03-23-2005, 04:03 PM   #50
JFK
FUBAR the ORIGINATOR

Industry Role:
49 mergers

Sig Spot Available –contact JFK @ FUBARWebmasters.com
FUBAR Webmasters - The FUBAR Times - FUBAR Webmasters Mobile - FUBARTV.XXX
For promo opps contact jfk at fubarwebmasters dot com

Last edited by JFK; 03-23-2005 at 04:05 PM..
JFK is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >