Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 05-19-2005, 11:14 AM   #1
Donny
As you wish...

Industry Role:
Does AVN Have a Credibility Issue?

A few days ago I posted a link to a story AVN did on CCBill.

Here's the story:

http://www.avn.com/articles/227053.html

Just a few minutes ago Duke sent me this:

http://www.gofuckyourself.com/showth...09#post7364009

Everyone knows my feelings on violent degrading content. But the point is:

"Why would AVN run a story like that if it is completely untrue?"

Anyone from AVN care to comment?
Donny is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 11:49 AM   #2
Joesho
want to get in shape

I think AVN is a great company, personally
Old 05-19-2005, 11:51 AM   #3
NaughtyRob
Two fresh affiliate progs

Industry Role:
Wow, but the article is still up on AVN.com interesting.
NaughtyRob is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 01:12 PM   #4
Aly
President, ePufferProfits

Industry Role:
I didn't write the story myself, but here's what I do know, these writers won't even put a press release in the news section without checking in with the company involved. It usually pisses people off that they're TOO fastidious in this area, not the other way around.

I'd like to hope, of course, that ALL media outlets are under constant scrutiny for the validity of their information; look what happened at Newsweek.

Aly's ICQ: 51504163 . Aly's Email: [email protected]
Aly is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 01:18 PM   #5
Jace
FBOP Class Of 2013

Industry Role:
avn has always sucked hairy ass...sorry aly, just my $0.02
Jace is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 01:23 PM   #6
BigRod
Confirmed User

AVNONLINE used to come to our office in Vancouver... But we moved and now they wont deliver to Vancouver...

So I would love to comment but can't :P
BigRod is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 01:33 PM   #7
Aly

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaceXXX
avn has always sucked hairy ass...sorry aly, just my $0.02
I have to encourage you to open the upcoming June issue if you get it, sweetheart.

It's changed a hell of a lot (which, I concur, it needed to). It's pretty damn funny, and very informative.

No kidding. TAKE A LOOK NOW, IT'S DIFFERENT!

Aly is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 01:37 PM   #8
AlienQ - BANNED FOR LIFE
best designer on GFY

Location: IALIEN.COM - High Definition Video and Photographic Productions -ICQ 78943384
AVN needs to decide if they wanna stick to the video industry segment or the internet industry segment.

Playing both fronts only Paralysis them.

More people more staff better presence.
They Definatly need better webmasters/designers.

The front page looks like an FPA or cheap banner farm.

Last edited by AlienQ - BANNED FOR LIFE; 05-19-2005 at 01:39 PM..
AlienQ - BANNED FOR LIFE is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 01:45 PM   #9
Holly
Too lazy to set a custom title

Not sure about credibility issues, but they definitely have grammar and spelling issues. I can't take any news source seriously that can't be bothered to run a damn spell check or form grammatically correct sentences. How much trouble could it possible be to spell check something before you put it out on your internet news site???
Old 05-19-2005, 01:47 PM   #10
Aly

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienQ
AVN needs to decide if they wanna stick to the video industry segment or the internet industry segment.

LOL... Well, thanks for your input.

The site is being redesigned. I specked it myself and it's the most brilliant thing ever. So there.

Old 05-19-2005, 02:10 PM   #11
TheGoldenChild
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly_AVN
I didn't write the story myself, but here's what I do know, these writers won't even put a press release in the news section without checking in with the company involved. It usually pisses people off that they're TOO fastidious in this area, not the other way around.

I'd like to hope, of course, that ALL media outlets are under constant scrutiny for the validity of their information; look what happened at Newsweek.
I don't know about that Aly- I love you dahling but everyone knows that AVN doesn't do their homework-
Otherwise they would have known that Chasey Lain was not the one who overdosed in the middle of the Venetian-

I know you weren't around for that story, but it was a real black mark on their name for a minute and could have been a legal nightmare.

That's just my two cents
Old 05-19-2005, 02:37 PM   #12
Aly

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kBizzle
I don't know about that Aly- I love you dahling but everyone knows that AVN doesn't do their homework-
Otherwise they would have known that Chasey Lain was not the one who overdosed in the middle of the Venetian-

I know you weren't around for that story, but it was a real black mark on their name for a minute and could have been a legal nightmare.

That's just my two cents
I wasn't around for a lot of things, darling. But I'm here now. The staff has changed, the attitude has changed and the magazine has changed.

Granted, things around here don't change as fast as your business card does, but they do actually change.

Old 05-19-2005, 02:39 PM   #13
TheGoldenChild
Confirmed User

Quote:
I wasn't around for a lot of things, darling. But I'm here now. The staff has changed, the attitude has changed and the magazine has changed.

Granted, things around here don't change as fast as your business card does, but they do actually change.
I know one thing that doesn't change over there-
The egregious attitude.

:-))

"Granted, things around here don't change as fast as your business card does, but they do actually change."

I know a few biz cards over there that are no longer valid as well...

Tom Hymes
Jennifer Rosenblatt
Tina Fiore
Katie Smith
Lisa Love
Nick Dimartino

RIP to all the aforementioned.

Last edited by TheGoldenChild; 05-19-2005 at 02:41 PM..
TheGoldenChild is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 02:41 PM   #14
StuartD
Sofa King Band

Quote:
ack... no english.. bad english... bad!
StuartD is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 02:43 PM   #15
Aly

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NichePay - StuartD
ack... no english.. bad english... bad!
LOLOLOL...!

Old 05-19-2005, 02:45 PM   #16
Aly

Industry Role:
Quote:
"Granted, things around here don't change as fast as your business card does, but they do actually change."

I know a few biz cards over there that are no longer valid as well...

Tom Hymes
Jennifer Rosenblatt
Tina Fiore
Katie Smith
Lisa Love
Nick Dimartino

RIP to all the aforementioned.
Yes, I wish them all the very best!
(Although I think 'RIP' might be a little inappropriate for these people, KB)

Old 05-19-2005, 02:47 PM   #17
TheGoldenChild
Confirmed User

Quote:

I disagree Alien
AVN needs to make up their mind whether they are a NEWS Magazine or a Trade Magazine.

This has been a problem they have had for years...When the press is doing a story on HIV or any huge starr in the biz- they love being called a NEWS site-

When they get bad information or their stories are incorrect, then they say they are not a News Source they are a Trade Magazine.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:49 PM   #18
TheGoldenChild
Confirmed User

Quote:
Yes, I wish them all the very best!
(Although I think 'RIP' might be a little inappropriate for these people, KB)
I don't know about that Aly-
Tina has disappeared off the face of the earth
If you can prove she is still alive and kicking I'll retract that statement.

:-))
Old 05-19-2005, 02:50 PM   #19
Jace
FBOP Class Of 2013

Industry Role:
Quote:
I have to encourage you to open the upcoming June issue if you get it, sweetheart.

It's changed a hell of a lot (which, I concur, it needed to). It's pretty damn funny, and very informative.

No kidding. TAKE A LOOK NOW, IT'S DIFFERENT!
i have problems with the avn company itself and not any particular magazine

the layout of the avn magazine won't change my opinion on how they conduct business or treat people
Jace is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 03:00 PM   #20
Aly

Industry Role:
Quote:
i have problems with the avn company itself and not any particular magazine

the layout of the avn magazine won't change my opinion on how they conduct business or treat people

Darling, that's one of the fundamental things I came here to fix. If you ever have the inclination to hit me up with feedback, please don't hesitate to do so. I think that side of things has improved substantially, too so far this year... But I also understand that it's going to take more than a few friendly posts on GFY to make people notice.

Old 05-19-2005, 03:06 PM   #21
Jace
FBOP Class Of 2013

Industry Role:
Quote:
Darling, that's one of the fundamental things I came here to fix. If you ever have the inclination to hit me up with feedback, please don't hesitate to do so. I think that side of things has improved substantially, too so far this year... But I also understand that it's going to take more than a few friendly posts on GFY to make people notice.
unfortunately, unless there has been a change in writers and owners at AVN, i will never regard them as anything but a rag that is comparable to "STAR" magazine

i admire your courage though to take things on and fix them, that shows that someone actually is giving a shit over there for once...

what I did in the adult industry was horrible, but the way avn went about reporting it was just slanderous and horrible, and like I said before, it reminded me of something similar to "star" magazine

this was when my wife and I were in the video side of things, and I admit i fucked up BIG time....but avn was like a gossip magazine when they reported it and never even called to get our side of it. fuck them...

sorry, i think you seem like a great chickadee...but i am sorry you have to endur that company
Old 05-19-2005, 03:08 PM   #22
TheGoldenChild
Confirmed User

Quote:

I personally think that as long as AVN thinks they own the internet they'll always have a perception problem.

When AVN came in and bought IA 2000 they didn't offer the webmaster anything of great value- they just upped pricing and raped and pillaged the webmasters.

Yes we had some great shows out of them no doubt, but in the end at what cost to us? I think any company that wants to promote shows or a trade magazine should have 1 very important thing-

TRAFFIC.
Or at least the knowledge of how to get it, retain it, and market it-
So far I don't know of one person at AVN that has ever owned or run a successful paysite- that is their biggest problem.

If I wanted to write for JAMA- ( The Journal for the Medical Association) you'd bet your bottom dollar I better have practiced medicine somewhere or went to medical school.

Why should it be any different when discussing the web-
I loved TOM HYMES he was a great writer for AVN and took the time to learn things about the web that not many others really cared to learn- but at the end of the day....you think Ron Levi or John Bennet read anything they wrote and took it seriously???
Old 05-19-2005, 03:08 PM   #23
Aly

Industry Role:
Quote:

sorry, i think you seem like a great chickadee...but i am sorry you have to endur that company
Well... Thanks! I'll try and survive.

Old 05-19-2005, 03:21 PM   #24
D-Money
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
In my opinion and experiences, yes, they have a major credibility issue.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:24 PM   #25
Aly

Industry Role:
Quote:
I personally think that as long as AVN thinks they own the internet they'll always have a perception problem.

When AVN came in and bought IA 2000 they didn't offer the webmaster anything of great value- they just upped pricing and raped and pillaged the webmasters.

Yes we had some great shows out of them no doubt, but in the end at what cost to us? I think any company that wants to promote shows or a trade magazine should have 1 very important thing-

TRAFFIC.
Or at least the knowledge of how to get it, retain it, and market it-
So far I don't know of one person at AVN that has ever owned or run a successful paysite- that is their biggest problem.

If I wanted to write for JAMA- ( The Journal for the Medical Association) you'd bet your bottom dollar I better have practiced medicine somewhere or went to medical school.

Why should it be any different when discussing the web-
I loved TOM HYMES he was a great writer for AVN and took the time to learn things about the web that not many others really cared to learn- but at the end of the day....you think Ron Levi or John Bennet read anything they wrote and took it seriously???

Good lord, KB, perhaps if you actually started reading the magazine you'd learn something yourself! Like, for example, that the very useful information presented to readers in the last two issues is offered up by respected and successful leaders in this industry. They include, your good friend J$tyle$, Me, Eric Matis, Mark Gallione, Chandie Foster, Scott Rabinowitz, Derek Meklir, Eric from Gamma, Lars, Brock MacKenzie, Jack Mardack, Matthew Sclier, Gary Olen, Kevin Ho, Mike Price, various attorneys... I really could go on and on, but perhaps you should start looking at the magazine again before you pretend any further that you have the slightest idea what's going on.

Old 05-19-2005, 03:27 PM   #26
Jace
FBOP Class Of 2013

Industry Role:
one thing that REALLLY bothers me, is the fact that they charge for entrance into their conventions...and yeah, i know, it keeps the newbies out...but what other industry wants newbies out so bad? all of them!!!

but most conventions and shows depend on the advertisers and booth buyers for the income...but no, avn has found a way to make money from every single angle...basically raping the show goer...i am not a person that cares about newbies and wanna be's coming to conventions...in the past 5 years it has been almost all newbies that I have partnered up with, so that arguement doesn't work on me

avn has found a way to rape the average webmaster and get away with it...which is why i am never going to an internext or avn sponsored event ever again...you would think that $2000-20,000 for a booth would be ebough money, but no, now they want $250 per person to even stand on the show floor

there are plenty of other conventions, and most are cheap and/or free...we don't need internext anymore and I think that some of the larger companies should take a stand and show avn that statement is true
Old 05-19-2005, 03:29 PM   #27
Jace
FBOP Class Of 2013

Industry Role:
Quote:
various attorneys...
wow, like lawrence walters and JD from xxxlaw? the most MONEY GRUBBING lawyers in the adult industry? haha....that makes you so much more credible

i was told recently about a buddy of mine that called lawrence walters and wanted to hire him to do some work...my buddy was told that he was not even allowed to speak with lawrence until a $1400 retainer was paid....then my buddy would have to pay whatever other retainers were necessary for the issue...so basically, lawrence has a speaking fee, you can't speak with him unless you pay the fee...LOL
Old 05-19-2005, 03:31 PM   #28
TheGoldenChild
Confirmed User

ALy dearest-

I read all your magazines-
At least what I can in between all the ads-

I recognize two of the people you mentioned as serious players in this biz- Mike Price and Kevin Ho
and yes I have read both of their articles.

I think there is a big difference between getting company reps who make $20,000 a year to write for you for free - and having TRAFFIC.

XBIZ is owned by a webmaster who is known for his scruples in this industry- it also so happens he has run a very successful affiliate program for a very long time
GIGACASH.

I think if you read their magazine more closely you'll see what the webmasters really and truly want-
REAL ARTICLES from REAL WEB OWNERS and PEOPLE IN THE KNOW and not just GREEDY ads-

If you told me that Grim SHawn was writing for you next month with Porn Daddy - It wouldn't surprise me in th eleast....

You are forgetting my sister in law was responsible for selling all the ads over there- and I yelled and screamed at her that AVN sucked the entire time she worked there as well. Don't believe me? ask her.

Of course there aren't as many ads these days...
Old 05-19-2005, 03:34 PM   #29
Aly

Industry Role:
Quote:
one thing that REALLLY bothers me, is the fact that they charge for entrance into their conventions...and yeah, i know, it keeps the newbies out...but what other industry wants newbies out so bad? all of them!!!

but most conventions and shows depend on the advertisers and booth buyers for the income...but no, avn has found a way to make money from every single angle...basically raping the show goer...i am not a person that cares about newbies and wanna be's coming to conventions...in the past 5 years it has been almost all newbies that I have partnered up with, so that arguement doesn't work on me

avn has found a way to rape the average webmaster and get away with it...which is why i am never going to an internext or avn sponsored event ever again...you would think that $2000-20,000 for a booth would be ebough money, but no, now they want $250 per person to even stand on the show floor

there are plenty of other conventions, and most are cheap and/or free...we don't need internext anymore and I think that some of the larger companies should take a stand and show avn that statement is true

It's not about the show floor, and it's not about keeping newbies out. I've had quite a lot of positive feedback from a number of people who are very happy to pay that for the new show format.

On a side note, and I realise this may sound picky... I'd really appreciate it if people wouldn't misuse the word 'rape' quite so much. It's a different level of violation that shouldn't be diluted by misuse. ~Thanks!

Old 05-19-2005, 03:34 PM   #30
Jace
FBOP Class Of 2013

Industry Role:
Quote:
XBIZ is owned by a webmaster who is known for his scruples in this industry- it also so happens he has run a very successful affiliate program for a very long time
GIGACASH.

I think if you read their magazine more closely you'll see what the webmasters really and truly want-
REAL ARTICLES from REAL WEB OWNERS and PEOPLE IN THE KNOW and not just GREEDY ads-
xbiz world has to be one of the best adult online print mags that has ever come out...i read that damn thing from front to back when it comes
Old 05-19-2005, 03:35 PM   #31
Jace
FBOP Class Of 2013

Industry Role:
Quote:
It's not about the show floor, and it's not about keeping newbies out. I've had quite a lot of positive feedback from a number of people who are very happy to pay that for the new show format.

On a side note, and I realise this may sound picky... I'd really appreciate it if people wouldn't misuse the word 'rape' quite so much. It's a different level of violation that shouldn't be diluted by misuse. ~Thanks!
great, good for you all

just so you know thought, you have at least 9 people that i know, just in atlanta, that won't be attending anymore avn shows just because they feel like they are being ripped of by avn

glad you have positive feedback though, i guess that is what matters, just the positive
Old 05-19-2005, 03:36 PM   #32
Aly

Industry Role:
Quote:
wow, like lawrence walters and JD from xxxlaw? the most MONEY GRUBBING lawyers in the adult industry? haha....that makes you so much more credible

i was told recently about a buddy of mine that called lawrence walters and wanted to hire him to do some work...my buddy was told that he was not even allowed to speak with lawrence until a $1400 retainer was paid....then my buddy would have to pay whatever other retainers were necessary for the issue...so basically, lawrence has a speaking fee, you can't speak with him unless you pay the fee...LOL

Clyde deWitt, Greg Piccionelli and Fred Lane actually.

Old 05-19-2005, 03:37 PM   #33
Jace
FBOP Class Of 2013

Industry Role:
Quote:

and jesus, you totally missed my point....

which was

it is PAINFULLY obvious that avn is out purely for money...100%...when you are making enough to cover the show from booths, but STILL feel the need to raise prices for passes....it makes intelligent people look twice before every wanting to be involved

btw, thanks for a great thread donovan, i have had a lot of this on my chest for quite some time
Old 05-19-2005, 03:38 PM   #34
Jace
FBOP Class Of 2013

Industry Role:
Quote:
Clyde deWitt, Greg Piccionelli and Fred Lane actually.
never heard of them, but cool, i will check them out....i am always open for new lawyers that know their shit...other than jd and lawrence
Old 05-19-2005, 03:39 PM   #35
davecummings
Confirmed User

Aren't we all in the same boat?

I think that porn side of things and the Internet side of things are both part of the Adult Industry (just like Gentlemen's clubs, etc also are). The porn video side has websites, uses VOD as "distributors", etc, while the Internet often uses porn stars for signings/appearances/etc as well as gathers content via porn-type shoots for their web sites (and, aren't some sites now even distributing/licensing/selling DVD's of their content shoots?), etc. I think we're all inter-twined, and I think it's a positive thing. I think it's healthy for all of us to have AVN encompassing the entire Adult Industry.
davecummings is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 03:40 PM   #36
Aly

Industry Role:
Quote:
great, good for you all

just so you know thought, you have at least 9 people that i know, just in atlanta, that won't be attending anymore avn shows just because they feel like they are being ripped of by avn

glad you have positive feedback though, i guess that is what matters, just the positive

I'm ALWAYS open to receive criticism. I NEED it in order to make things better. Don't twist that fact around, that's not fair play at all, babe.

Old 05-19-2005, 03:40 PM   #37
TheGoldenChild
Confirmed User

Also let me say that my good buddies writing over at AVN never owned or ran an adult paysite or worked in a position that gave them 100% access to their backends- this includes you and Farley who is the publisher of AVN Online-

Derek Meklir is a great marketing guy no doubt- and Lars is a marketing wiz as well-

HOWEVER-

I recall the day Scott Rabinowitz got into this business, and I recall the day Chandie came back from her 4 yr hiatus away and asked me for my help in finding her a job- Now she is revered as the next David Van Der Poel?

Give me a break-

I love Chandie don't get me wrong- but half of these people do what they do for AVN for FREE PROMOTION- just like J STyles told me he'd be writing for you guys to promote his business- seems pretty cut and dried to me.

When AVN wants a real professional to write a column for them tell them I am available and my price is $500 an article TIME =MONEY

Anyone writing for free is just a GOAT looking for a FREE OUTLET and is using AVN for all they are worth, and these days it's not too much...
Old 05-19-2005, 03:41 PM   #38
Jace
FBOP Class Of 2013

Industry Role:
and aly, please don't take this as me bitching and whining, this is just some shit i wanted to getr off my chest for a while, and it is nice to have someone that is part of avn to share it with

and while my opinion may not be shared by everyone, it must be somewhat of a larger opinion, because I know quite a few that feel the same way...but most just don't want to play with avn, because they feel like they might get burned somewhat
Old 05-19-2005, 03:41 PM   #39
AlienQ - BANNED FOR LIFE
best designer on GFY

Location: IALIEN.COM - High Definition Video and Photographic Productions -ICQ 78943384
Well my best wishes to AVN they need it.

If not XBIZ will clean em out concerning Online Adult Industry News.
Sorry that might hurt but its the truth.
AlienQ - BANNED FOR LIFE is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 03:42 PM   #40
Jace
FBOP Class Of 2013

Industry Role:
Quote:
I'm ALWAYS open to receive criticism. I NEED it in order to make things better. Don't twist that fact around, that's not fair play at all, babe.
no no, sorry if I came off that way...i understand where you stand, and you seem like a great person, and I can't wait to meet you one day...and thank you for listening, really...it is nice to share this stuff with you and you not get all pissy like most on this board do
Old 05-19-2005, 03:43 PM   #41
Aly

Industry Role:
Quote:
never heard of them, but cool, i will check them out....i am always open for new lawyers that know their shit...other than jd and lawrence
LOL.. Do check them out. They're rather well respected.

Old 05-19-2005, 03:44 PM   #42
Jace
FBOP Class Of 2013

Industry Role:
Quote:
but half of these people do what they do for AVN for FREE PROMOTION- just like J STyles told me he'd be writing for you guys to promote his business- seems pretty cut and dried to me.

When AVN wants a real professional to write a column for them tell them I am available and my price is $500 an article TIME =MONEY

Anyone writing for free is just a GOAT looking for a FREE OUTLET and is using AVN for all they are worth, and these days it's not too much...
i think it is way more than half dude...anyone i knew that wrote for avn did it cause it was free publicity

avn is a greaty outlet, and given the chance I would write something for them....ONLY because they have a large circulation and I have a few products that need some boosting
Old 05-19-2005, 03:45 PM   #43
Aly

Industry Role:
Quote:
no no, sorry if I came off that way...i understand where you stand, and you seem like a great person, and I can't wait to meet you one day...and thank you for listening, really...it is nice to share this stuff with you and you not get all pissy like most on this board do

Thanks, Darling. I tend to stay rather boringly objective, and therefore don't get pissy. I'm glad you got some stuff off your chest... feel free to do it anytime! [email protected] (Just warn me first so I can put on my armour beforehand!) I'd like to meet you too... Perhaps at Webmaster Access then!

Old 05-19-2005, 03:46 PM   #44
Aly

Industry Role:
Quote:
i think it is way more than half dude...anyone i knew that wrote for avn did it cause it was free publicity

avn is a greaty outlet, and given the chance I would write something for them....ONLY because they have a large circulation and I have a few products that need some boosting

Get in touch!

[email protected]

Old 05-19-2005, 03:47 PM   #45
Jace
FBOP Class Of 2013

Industry Role:
Quote:
Thanks, Darling. I tend to stay rather boringly objective, and therefore don't get pissy. I'm glad you got some stuff off your chest... feel free to do it anytime! [email protected] (Just warn me first so I can put on my armour beforehand!) I'd like to meet you too... Perhaps at Webmaster Access then!

probably phoenix will be the next one I hit, i think....

Old 05-19-2005, 03:50 PM   #46
Aly

Industry Role:
Quote:

I love Chandie don't get me wrong- but half of these people do what they do for AVN for FREE PROMOTION- just like J STyles told me he'd be writing for you guys to promote his business- seems pretty cut and dried to me.

One moment please....
ahem...

SO...

KB=Professional
J$tlye$=GOAT

???

This discussion just ended. Have a nice evening.

Old 05-19-2005, 03:51 PM   #47
Theo
HAL 9000

Industry Role:
lol

_____
Theo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 03:52 PM   #48
Jace
FBOP Class Of 2013

Industry Role:
Quote:
Well my best wishes to AVN they need it.

If not XBIZ will clean em out concerning Online Adult Industry News.
Sorry that might hurt but its the truth.
the sad thing is, avnonline is a pretty thick magazine, and Xbiz World has got them beat so bad....i really enjoy xbiz world
Old 05-19-2005, 03:53 PM   #49
Jace
FBOP Class Of 2013

Industry Role:
Quote:
This discussion just ended. Have a nice evening.

for you it has, but i just passed it along to many others, hopefully they will be active in it, instead of being silent
Old 05-19-2005, 03:55 PM   #50
Jace
FBOP Class Of 2013

Industry Role:
ok, so some of my friends didn't want to post, but here is what one said

Quote:
avn is not a news org they are a marketing company that sells ads to their mags. Nothing more ITs ads and articles that are really ads made to look like articles.
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >