Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 05-21-2005, 10:40 PM   #151
woj
<&(©¿©)&>

Industry Role:
150 questions...
woj is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 10:47 PM   #152
CDSmith
GFY HALL OF FAME DAMMIT!!!

Industry Role:
Location: My network is hosted at TECHIEMEDIA.net ...Wait, you meant where am *I* located at? Oh... okay, I'm in Winnipeg, Canada. Oops. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PersianKitty
14. What happened to the PK boat? Pics

The ex got the boat, a 36 foot Carver Mariner, in the settlement and I got the boat payment which was ridiculous because I was the one who helmed the dang thing. He couldn't manuever it at slow speeds. He decided to sell it in 2002. Between the price he got, the loan payoff, and the settlement of it all with me (cash in advance instead of me paying it off over the life of the loan), he saw about half of what is was worth.

Between this and your other post about your ex #2.... and all the other times we've talked about him, I have to say again that it is hard to fathom just how much of a loser he was/is.

All you can do I suppose is just hope the present owner of such a great boat is getting some good use out of it and treating it well.

ALWAYS THE HIGHEST PAYOUTS: Big Bux/ImLive SIGNUP ON NOW!!!

Put some PUSSYCA$H in your pocket.
ICQ me at: 31024634
CDSmith is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 11:04 PM   #153
PersianKitty
Meow Media Inc.

Industry Role:
Location: In the valley of the sun, cactus, tacos, tequila, and nod
15. Talk about the early days at Ynot with Rick, lars, bangwang and the gang.

Oh my gosh. I feel very old now. Ynot was such a blur way back when?September of 1996 to be exact. Rick, Lars, bangwang, Mark, Danni, Janey..hmm.. I?m forgetting tons. It got way too political for me. The Hangout board was the first webmaster board I ever posted on. I?m sure there?s others here that can refresh my memory.
PersianKitty is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 11:05 PM   #154
PersianKitty
Meow Media Inc.

Industry Role:
16. What adult company has PK made the most money from over the years?

Webpower is #1 without a doubt. Of the oldies, Danni?s Hard Drive and Maxiumcash follow behind. The mix is completely different these days.
PersianKitty is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 11:06 PM   #155
PersianKitty
Meow Media Inc.

Industry Role:
17. Did you ever think you'd work in Adult and make the money you do?

Not in my wildest dreams. I assumed I?d live my life doing accounting for the private sector, find a nice modest house to settle down in, and put away bits of money for my old age. Spent many years with days of hot dogs and mac and cheese trying to get by until payday.

This life I stumbled into has allowed me to become a stronger, independent, secure woman.
Old 05-21-2005, 11:29 PM   #156
PersianKitty
Meow Media Inc.

Industry Role:
18. Talk about the quality of traffic and surfer experience VS quality of traffic on circle jerks and other TGPs.

The name of the game for me is keeping the surfer coming back. They?ll only come back if they find things they want and if those things change regularly to make them want to check back. Some have the philosophy of ?get them in and out and off my site and somewhere else to buy something?. Time and time again, I?ve had long-term bookmarkers buy a membership somewhere only to do it again, because they liked what they got.
My TGP page is secondary to the main page of free sites. From my experience, the TGP page doesn?t perform worth diddly compared to the front page. Several times I?ve thought that maybe it was a waste of time, but I?d hate to just drop it and loose even one potential sale or bookmarker.
As to quality of traffic on circle jerks and other TGPs (my site isn?t primarily a TGP), I have no knowledge. If it works for them?good for em.
Old 05-21-2005, 11:36 PM   #157
Xenophage

Industry Role:
Quote:
13. Why would Jerry Springer want to discuss your second marriage?

Well in the summer of 1999, the Springer story would have been?
?My husband is having an affair with my son?s girlfriend?s mother who is a bipolar hypochondriac on disability who is no more disabled than you or I?. The settlement wasn?t fun. Divorce settlement involved me paying him several hundred thousand (could have been a lot worse) which he managed to squander away and kept piling on loans and credit cards in the process. Had his vehicles repossessed and a house foreclosed on. He filed bankruptcy within nine months of my last payment to him.

eeewww yuck.. divorice sucks.. sounds like he was a pile..
Xenophage is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 11:36 PM   #158
BV
wtf

Industry Role:
OK, I'm curious as to why you didn't name the Carver "Persian Kitty" ?
BV is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 11:43 PM   #159
Xenophage

Industry Role:
Quote:
15. Talk about the early days at Ynot with Rick, lars, bangwang and the gang.

Oh my gosh. I feel very old now. Ynot was such a blur way back when?September of 1996 to be exact. Rick, Lars, bangwang, Mark, Danni, Janey..hmm.. I?m forgetting tons. It got way too political for me. The Hangout board was the first webmaster board I ever posted on. I?m sure there?s others here that can refresh my memory.

yup those were the days ! beating infoseek till all hours of the morning and the Cyberzine chat rooms.. PK was very nice and had a persian kitty co branded chat room on my site for a long time thanks PK.

And ya all thought I only did co brans on my live cam sites... Pk was my first ever attempt at a co brand..
Xenophage is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 11:51 PM   #160
Ice
Confirmed User

This thread is gold............ I love the traffic I get from PK

careful what you say PK.... it takes years and years to know what you know....... don't give the farm away for nothing....

Us old school guys know where you have come from ..... neewbies today can't relate

Last edited by iceicebaby; 05-21-2005 at 11:54 PM..
Ice is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 11:58 PM   #162
PersianKitty
Meow Media Inc.

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BV
OK, I'm curious as to why you didn't name the Carver "Persian Kitty" ?

Cause I thought it would be too obvious. CyberCat made perfect sense to me.
Old 05-22-2005, 12:02 AM   #163
Ice
Confirmed User

PK is one of the first link exchanges I did back in the day..... 97-98 ish...... always solid traffic from PK....

Would give PK a hard link exchange without thinking
Old 05-22-2005, 12:21 AM   #164
MrVids
i am a meat popsicle

Industry Role:
Quote:
Been to Monroe many times. Love the Bus demo derbys.

2 years ago for my birthday my fiancee bought me 75 laps around the monroe speedway in a stock car. What a rush, certainly made me learn some respect for those fellas, that's a lot of power to control. If you're into stock cars, you should definitely check it out.
MrVids is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 12:32 AM   #165
PersianKitty
Meow Media Inc.

Industry Role:
19. What has kept you in the biz soo long when soo many others have faded into oblivion?

Consistency and sticking to my guns.... and okay, I?ll admit it, I?m stubborn.
Old 05-22-2005, 12:32 AM   #166
PersianKitty
Meow Media Inc.

Industry Role:
20. How many adult conventions/events do you attend a year? Plan on attending?

I?ve been at every one. Where have you been??!!

Nahh.. Actually I?ve never attended any. The discussions and pictures that I?ve heard and seen are full of naked women and drinking. Neither appeal to me.
Old 05-22-2005, 12:36 AM   #167
spunkmaster
Confirmed User

"Nahh.. Actually I?ve never attended any. The discussions and pictures that I?ve heard and seen are full of naked women and drinking. Neither appeal to me.
"

Well then according to juicy you're a noob if you don't attend conventions?
spunkmaster is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 12:39 AM   #168
AlienQ - BANNED FOR LIFE
best designer on GFY

Location: IALIEN.COM - High Definition Video and Photographic Productions -ICQ 78943384
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryLars
Oh and after chatting online to her for so many years I still have never met her. One of the most secretive people in theh biz
Agreed totally.
No question about it.
AlienQ - BANNED FOR LIFE is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 12:41 AM   #169
AlienQ - BANNED FOR LIFE
best designer on GFY

Location: IALIEN.COM - High Definition Video and Photographic Productions -ICQ 78943384
Sleazy ya should have asked her how many alt nics she has;)

I have suspected a couple! But I will never say who they are if I am right on this hunch. So no one ask me about em if she says "yes" on this question.

Last edited by AlienQ - BANNED FOR LIFE; 05-22-2005 at 12:42 AM..
AlienQ - BANNED FOR LIFE is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 12:44 AM   #170
PersianKitty
Meow Media Inc.

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienQ

I have suspected a couple! But I will never say who they are if I am right on this hunch. So no one ask me about em if she says "yes" on this question.
None. I only post here under this name.
Old 05-22-2005, 12:44 AM   #171
Ice
Confirmed User

Quote:

I don't think PK has time for alt nicks.... PK is PK and there are no other
Old 05-22-2005, 12:45 AM   #172
AlienQ - BANNED FOR LIFE
best designer on GFY

OK cool;) This will help me sleep better!

Yer da best PK
Old 05-22-2005, 12:46 AM   #173
PersianKitty
Meow Media Inc.

Industry Role:
Quote:
OK cool;) This will help me sleep better!

Yer da best PK

Now I'm curious to know what nicks you thought might be me??
Old 05-22-2005, 12:53 AM   #174
AlienQ - BANNED FOR LIFE
best designer on GFY

They would be insulting if I said who I thought they were I rather not.

However, Initially I thought the foundations of PK had Lew Payne involved somewhere and you were management of Persiankitty.
I am not sure I could be totally wrong. The Palo Alto masters like Ifriends network etc. The whole group was rather secretive in the early day.

Ermm along with the PayPal guys of course.

Last edited by AlienQ - BANNED FOR LIFE; 05-22-2005 at 12:55 AM..
Old 05-22-2005, 12:59 AM   #175
PersianKitty
Meow Media Inc.

Industry Role:
Quote:
They would be insulting if I said who I thought they were I rather not.

However, Initially I thought the foundations of PK had Lew Payne involved somewhere and you were management of Persiankitty.
I am not sure I could be totally wrong. The Palo Alto masters like Ifriends network etc. The whole group was rather secretive in the early day.
When I lost hosting (for free wasn't doing this for $$ at the time), Lew's site "Secrets of Speed Seduction" was linked on my list. When I took down my site I put a page in it's place that explained why. He contacted me about sponsorship of the site. In the first few months (December to late February), he provided hosting through ViaNet in return for a text placement below the logo at the top of the site which advertised "Secrets of Speed Seduction" as sponsor. When I finally decided to take ad placements, he became a % partner. He handles the server site of things, has created some scripts, etc. What you see on the site is all me... ad placements and changes, links and gallery reviews, etc.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:02 AM   #176
AlienQ - BANNED FOR LIFE
best designer on GFY

I miss Lew

Not heard from em in a very long while.
THanks for clearing that up for my own little history book
Old 05-22-2005, 01:32 AM   #177
PersianKitty
Meow Media Inc.

Industry Role:
21. Talk about your university experience and what degree do you have?

I went to Washington State University from 1979 until 1983. I have a Bachelors in Accounting with minors in computer science and economics. I worked my way through college...40 hours a week and a full class schedule.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:45 AM   #178
PersianKitty
Meow Media Inc.

Industry Role:
22. How many houses do you own? pics.

Two outright and half of a motor coach.

The home I live in, most have seen the pics before..

The other home is on the Washington coast.. beachfront property that is used as a rental when I?m not in there. I use it a few times each year. It?s occupied about 85% of the time with weekend, weekday, weeklong time vacationers.

The bus

Old 05-22-2005, 02:04 AM   #179
jonesy
Confirmed User

nice bus
Old 05-22-2005, 02:36 AM   #180
Sylver7
Confirmed User

Quote:
18. Talk about the quality of traffic and surfer experience VS quality of traffic on circle jerks and other TGPs.

The name of the game for me is keeping the surfer coming back. They?ll only come back if they find things they want and if those things change regularly to make them want to check back. Some have the philosophy of ?get them in and out and off my site and somewhere else to buy something?. Time and time again, I?ve had long-term bookmarkers buy a membership somewhere only to do it again, because they liked what they got.
My TGP page is secondary to the main page of free sites. From my experience, the TGP page doesn?t perform worth diddly compared to the front page. Several times I?ve thought that maybe it was a waste of time, but I?d hate to just drop it and loose even one potential sale or bookmarker.
As to quality of traffic on circle jerks and other TGPs (my site isn?t primarily a TGP), I have no knowledge. If it works for them?good for em.

PK why havent you made categorized pages and recips to grab a chunk of the SE traffic that alot of other link lists get?
Sylver7 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 02:49 AM   #181
PersianKitty
Meow Media Inc.

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver7
PK why havent you made categorized pages and recips to grab a chunk of the SE traffic that alot of other link lists get?

Cause I'm clueless when it comes to stuff like that.
Old 05-22-2005, 03:29 AM   #182
the Shemp
congrats to the winners

Industry Role:
i was surprised a few years ago when you added the TGP to your site..
looking back, did it work out as you planned?
great interview, btw
the Shemp is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 03:49 AM   #183
PersianKitty
Meow Media Inc.

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Shemp
i was surprised a few years ago when you added the TGP to your site..
looking back, did it work out as you planned?
great interview, btw
Yes and No. The TGP is nothing to live off of definitely.
Old 05-22-2005, 04:01 AM   #184
Drake
Hello world!

Industry Role:
What are the essential differences between link lists and TGP's and why do you think that TGP's proliferate more than link lists? It seems that people start up TGP's every day but not link lists.

From what I've seen, a link list gives the surfer more opportunity to click on advertisements. In a free site you have the entrance page which contains ads, the main page which contains ads and links to two or three galleries, and finally the gallery pages which contain ads and sample images. Do you think that a traditional TGP surfer would find having to click thru multiple pages to get to the galleries upsetting?
Drake is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 04:19 AM   #185
Bake
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I can remember sending you sites that where hosted on porncity free hosting back in the day and I also remember the gallery side opening.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:04 AM   #186
Ycaza
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
This is pretty interesting for a noob.
http://thrushtech.com
do people still icq?
Ycaza is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 09:19 AM   #187
Ycaza
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Furthermore, being a noob, I am still really learning how lots of this works. Networks, those i know, but this is rich in history and am suckin it up. Thanks PK (if I may) this is good stuff. Oh and a big wink to you from the juicy thread.
http://thrushtech.com
do people still icq?
Ycaza is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 09:21 AM   #188
Fletch XXX

when i first came across Persian Kitty's site (1996) it gave me idea to make band sites doing the same thing she did. A list of links to band sites. An index.

Next thing I know i was putting up click cash links and i have never looked back.

Thanks PK.

Want an Android App for your tube, membership, or free site?

Need banners or promo material? Hit us up (ICQ Fletch: 148841377) or email me fletchxxx at gmail.com - recent work - About me
Fletch XXX is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 09:33 AM   #189
Fletch XXX

actually i think it was very early 97.

i had gotten a new computer (with internet) in December of 96, so could have been January which would make it 1997.

either way.

its been a long time

Want an Android App for your tube, membership, or free site?

Need banners or promo material? Hit us up (ICQ Fletch: 148841377) or email me fletchxxx at gmail.com - recent work - About me
Fletch XXX is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 10:01 AM   #190
Eagleman
Confirmed User

Mmmmmmmmmmm, Very Intersting Dude
Eagleman is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 11:58 AM   #191
Trax
[----------------------]

Quote:
Cause I'm clueless when it comes to stuff like that.
invest a few grand in consulting services
this tip is worth thousands... believe me

nice interview
Trax is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 12:46 PM   #192
MikeHawk
Confirmed User

PersianKitty

Good one, great read!
Old 05-22-2005, 01:39 PM   #193
GTS Mark
Formerly known as DH! :)

Great interview PK, definetely an awesome success story!

DH

ICQ 5191566 / E-mail: [email protected]
Follow Us On Twitter. Also Sign Up For Our Newsletter For Updated Weekly Traffic Inventory
GTS Mark is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 02:39 PM   #194
PersianKitty
Meow Media Inc.

Industry Role:
23. How many cars do you own? pics.

5, but I don?t drive them all.
I have a 2002 Ford Explorer Limited that I drive
I own a 2003 Dodge Neon (son?s fiancé), 2001 Dodge Dakota (younger son), 1997 Subaru Legacy LXI (older son), and a 1968 Ford Mustang California Special.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:40 PM   #195
PersianKitty
Meow Media Inc.

Industry Role:
24. Ever seriously thought about selling Persian Kitty?

Once. I've had three buyout offers for my business. A couple of them in the eight-figure range. Problem is.. what else would I do if I didn't do this? Any buyout would mean I'd have to sign a non-compete which would mean I couldn't put up another adult site. And I also couldn't be PK anymore. My CPA nearly died when I told him I'd turned down offers. He mapped out how I could live very well on the interest alone.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:41 PM   #196
PersianKitty
Meow Media Inc.

Industry Role:
25. Do you have any employees? What do they do?

Like many other adult webmasters, I support a family member. My brother does a bit of the back page reviews and rechecks from time to time, but it?s nothing regular. Design (the little there has been) is contracted out. Server stuff is handled by Lewis.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:42 PM   #197
PersianKitty
Meow Media Inc.

Industry Role:
26. Why do you come to GFY?

Hmmmm. Why do I come to GFY. The news travels faster than on CNN. The characters are interesting. Once in a while there?s a tidbit of information to glean from others. I?ve run through most of the boards over the years. Ynot, Netpond, Porncity, Oprano.. I?ve been a regular at one time or another on each of them. It gives people a sense of community to in a world where we are so spread out.
Geee.. lens.. when you turn the search back on can you make it so I can search for ?PK? or ?Persia*??
Old 05-22-2005, 02:45 PM   #198
bu((aneer
Confirmed User

what do your family (i.e children) think about you being an adult webmistress?
bu((aneer is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 02:54 PM   #199
PersianKitty
Meow Media Inc.

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu((aneer
what do your family (i.e children) think about you being an adult webmistress?

My boys don't seem to mind one way or the other at least they've never told me. Sometimes they've used it to their advantage. For some reasons teenagers think it's kewl...go figure. They definitely know that my work has allowed them to live a very comfortable life.
Old 05-22-2005, 03:07 PM   #200
bu((aneer
Confirmed User

were you ever a reg at biancas smut shack?
bu((aneer is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >