Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 05-25-2005, 12:34 AM   #1
Doctor Dre
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Metrosexualism (Or Real Men Don't Take Facials)

I seriously can't understand this whole freakin metrosexual faze that is going on in the country right now. With the rise of shows like Queer Eye, other man improvement shows, magazines, and alot of mass media portraying this "new kind of man" I am pretty weirded out.

It seems to be a metrosexual you:

- Get your hair done at "Salons" this can also include getting highlights
- Wear "interesting" clothes: A metrosexual man can apparently spend up to hours picking out the right outfit for a night on the town.
- Prefer Mixed Drinks Or Special Imported Beer instead of whiskey and a Coors
- Use Hair "Product"
- Use Skin Conditioning Products

Among alot of other crap. I just find this unfreakinbelieveable. It seems that basically we are supposed to be chicks with dicks. The last time I checked that was a weird fetish section of the internet, not everyday life.

As far as skin conditiong products, I don't want to generalize but I will put money down that if a guy is willing to do one kind of facial he's probably willing to take the other kind as well.

Do women really want some guy that is so self absorbed that he is basically like another chick? I refuse to believe that. Women want us to be there to fix the plumbing, do house projects, build decks and crap like that. The guy friends they have with them that talk about facial products, latest hair styles, and wallpaper are their GAY friends.

Be a man guys, don't be a woman. If you want to be gay fine, but be like Rock Hudson gay. That dude was a real man, yeah I know he liked dong but I would rather hang out with him drinking a beer than these metrosexual guys yapping about some Kiwi Cucumber Skin Cream.

Trust me, I know that you think if become a metrosexual the ladies will like you more. But while your yapping away or looking for just the perfect haircut, outfit, or whatever they will eventually sneak off for some boning with a guy that uses Gillette Razors and gets his hair cut for $10.

Actually nevermind, keep being metrosexuals the rest of us will handle the mans work.

http://angryfacecentral.blogspot.com...dont-take.html
I rebooted, deleted temp files, history, cookies and everything...still cannot view the news clip. All I see is that fucking gay ass music video from "Rick Roll". Anyone else have a different link to the news clip?
Doctor Dre is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 12:35 AM   #2
Doctor Dre

Industry Role:
I don't want to generalize but I will put money down that if a guy is willing to do one kind of facial he's probably willing to take the other kind as well.
I rebooted, deleted temp files, history, cookies and everything...still cannot view the news clip. All I see is that fucking gay ass music video from "Rick Roll". Anyone else have a different link to the news clip?
Doctor Dre is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 12:42 AM   #3
KRL
Entrepreneur

Domains Adult News KRL's Newsletter Biz Tips Just Listed Domains
KRL is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 01:36 AM   #4
L0stMind
Confirmed User

Hmmm, I exfoliate and use a face cream. If I dont, I get ingrown facial hair and I have some (at times) painful dry patches of skin.

I work out and eat well to be healthy, fit and have more energy.

I dress either in clothes I feel comfortable in or clothes that make me look good.

I prefer *imported beers* over coors, coors is total pisswater.

Nothing wrong with a good whisky on the rocks though

I also enjoy cooking and eating good food.

Hell, I even pluck the occassional stray hair on my brow so I am not confused with a neanderthal.

I am worried this makes me a metrosexual.

Oh wait, no I'm not, I really don't give a fuck

Metrosexuality - the feminisation of manhood (yes, I just made up that word feminisation).

You can take care of yourself and still be a man. I definitely believe there are certain things a guy just shouldn't do - things like wear makeup, go to a spa for anything other then a sports massage, etc. But man, putting product in one's hair and washing one's face does not make one a metrosexual...

http://cashcore.com
- Make Money.
http://ezprovider.net - Hosting.

Last edited by L0stMind; 05-25-2005 at 01:37 AM..
L0stMind is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 01:37 AM   #5
flashfire
ICQ 1 6 7 8 5 3 4 9 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Dre
I don't want to generalize but I will put money down that if a guy is willing to do one kind of facial he's probably willing to take the other kind as well.
thats what I was thinking
flashfire is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 01:47 AM   #6
HotChocolate
Confirmed User

HotChocolate is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 01:48 AM   #7
HotChocolate
Confirmed User

HotChocolate is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 01:49 AM   #8
HotChocolate
Confirmed User

Old 05-25-2005, 02:27 AM   #9
SmutGiant
Confirmed User

If you work in sales, man or woman, moisturizing and manicures are a must
SmutGiant is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 03:25 AM   #10
ssp
Confirmed User

ssp is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 03:33 AM   #11
polish_aristocrat

I got a facial once
Old 05-25-2005, 03:37 AM   #12
Manowar
jellyfish  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRL
Manowar is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 03:39 AM   #13
hova
Traffillionaire

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChocolate
thats gay

hova is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 03:42 AM   #14
reality bites

*LOL* Iīm amused. True that when I see a man i notice if he is dressed ok and all. But a man preferring drinks to beer? Hell, I donīt even prefer drinks to beer (would be an odd couple for you right there). Men who spend all their time on hair styles, clothes and other sofisticated things are of no interest to me, as I would rather have a man by my side taking care of me, than a man taking care of himself. In fact I seriously doubt that these men really need a girlfriend they like anyways. I he looks good, she should look good too, and then they could meet up a couple of times a week and look good together.

But still... I donīt need a man to fix everything for me- I really donīt think that men were created to help me (as the poor defenseless woman I am), Iīd rather think that we were created to be there for each other.
_/__\_____
reality bites is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 04:18 AM   #15
JamesK2
Confirmed User

good thread gone bad

typically gfy
Old 05-25-2005, 04:21 AM   #16
polish_aristocrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesK
good thread gone bad

typically gfy