Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 11-09-2005, 08:04 PM   #1
quantum-x
Confirmed User

WARNING- SCAMMING SPONSOR : Suicide Girls.com

OK - I wasn't going to post this, but these guys have been 100% arseholes to deal with from the word go. If you promote them, you WILL get scammed.

For those who don't want to read everything - after one week of signing up:
Note - the site I created works purely off new SE terms.
Quote:
Simon,

I want to thank you for trying to increase SuicideGirls.com traffic with cutegoths.com and joining our affiliate program, however we no longer wish to have you as an affiliate, your site is just not bringing any results (only one sign-up).

I have closed your affiliate account and would appreciate it if you remove SuicideGirls content from your site.

Thank you,

Victoria (ViquiV) Suicide
V.P. Production & Traffic
SuicideGirls.com
I'm going to do this by a blow blow blow, just so you can see what type of idiots they are.

#1 - I register. I'm using text only from their site, and buttons only from their site.
Quote:
We thank you for signing up for our affiliate program, however, your site is breaking some of the rules:

1. Please REMOVE the text "goth teen culture" "newest teen goths" and any other mention of teens. Our Girls are NOT for teens, you must be over 18 to enjoy them.
This is fair enough, but stupid. I remove the text teens.
Quote:
Also, on each girls page, the sentence: "We have the pleasure of bringing you the latest nude pic set from our very sexy OTOK" should be taken off, or corrected. it should not read "from our very sexy", they are NOT your girls, they are Suicide Girls (and that needs to be capitalized).

3. As an affiliate, you are only authorized to use the preview images and banners. You may NOT use profile information, journal entries or anything else that is not a pre-approved image.
2 is fair enough, but stupid, 3 is just stupid.
Anyhow, I go ahead and make the changes.

Next round - suddnely they change their minds.
Quote:
Simon, thanks for your cooperation.

I've double checked with Missy, and she said that as long as you take out any mention of Teens, and clearly state that these are Suicidegirls and NOT your girls, then she's okay with you keeping the profile information on your site.

Thanks again,
ViquiV
Quote:
It's fixed now.
Thank you!
2 hours later:
Quote:
Hey Simon,

We are still perfecting our affiliate program, and adding to the "terms and conditions." Yesterday, your affiliate account was closed, and I apologize for that, as you were very accommodating with the changes we asked you to make.

We appreciate your interest in the site and your efforts to increase our traffic. The one thing we'd like you to change, however, is the comments that you're posting on your site. We've decided to only allow 5 journal entries per girl and five comments on each set to be displayed on a site other than ours.

We'd also like to know your future plans for your site. You advertise it as a goth myspace. If you're eventually going to have your own members, who can login and post on your site...and post comments on our pictures, that's going to be a problem. The affiliate program is meant to be a way for others to advertise our site by linking to it, once you start incorporating your own community it gets complicated.

I make more senseless changes:
Quote:
Thank you so much for your understanding and cooperation.

I hope your site is successful and we can send you lots of cash! ;-)
-ViquiV
oh, no wait:
Quote:
At the top of the column on the right side...can you change it to say Recent SuicideGirl pics...instead of Cute Goth pics...this way it's clear that these are SuicideGirls.
Thanks!
10 minutes later:
Quote:
You rock and Roll!
Then nothing, until 1 week later:
Quote:
Simon,

I want to thank you for trying to increase SuicideGirls.com traffic with cutegoths.com and joining our affiliate program, however we no longer wish to have you as an affiliate, your site is just not bringing any results (only one sign-up).

I have closed your affiliate account and would appreciate it if you remove SuicideGirls content from your site.

Thank you,

Victoria (ViquiV) Suicide
V.P. Production & Traffic
SuicideGirls.com
Judge for yourselves.
All I can say is - fuck you. You might have got some press in some newspapers recently, but if you think this is how you can fraud affiliates, get fucked.
quantum-x is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:07 PM   #2
Oldy
Confirmed User

Well, I know where I'm not sending any hits :D
Victoria seems like a schiprohenic :D
Oldy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:08 PM   #3
Tat2Jr
Confirmed User

Wow.... they have quite a few hoops to jump through. Surprised you kept up with that BS for as long as you did.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:09 PM   #4
dozey
Confirmed User

Looks like I am sticking with spookycash
dozey is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:09 PM   #5
aico
Moo Moo Cow

Suicide girls fucks their girls over, all the top girls have left and shot for GodsGirls.com

Feel free to send your traffic to Rae Malaya she is an ex-suicide girl. You can say Teen

Last edited by aico; 11-09-2005 at 08:11 PM..
aico is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:10 PM   #6
shermo

That is definitly Interesting. I'm not sure I'd call them scammers though, as much as I'd call them "high maintanance". Any one sponser that pushes that many rules on an affiliate, shouldn't have an affiliate program. Changes for legal reasons (such as teen) are ok.. However, if you are marketing via SEO, you should have the ability to market it in a way that will collect the most traffic for you, and in essence for them.
  Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:11 PM   #7
Jace
FBOP Class Of 2013

Industry Role:
wow...dude, you lasted about 10 more emails than I ever would have
Jace is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:12 PM   #8
quantum-x
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermsshack
That is definitly Interesting. I'm not sure I'd call them scammers though, as much as I'd call them "high maintanance". Any one sponser that pushes that many rules on an affiliate, shouldn't have an affiliate program. Changes for legal reasons (such as teen) are ok.. However, if you are marketing via SEO, you should have the ability to market it in a way that will collect the most traffic for you, and in essence for them.
As I said - I've not posted before, as until now they have been 'high maintenance' - The instant they closed my account for the second time, WITH FUNDS IN IT - with no mention of being able to do so (terms and conditions are NOT listed on their affiliate page) - that was fraud.
quantum-x is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:13 PM   #9
abyss_al
**LOOKING FOR TRADES**

i guess they're off the list... thank you for sharing
Old 11-09-2005, 08:13 PM   #10
aico
Moo Moo Cow

Read this article it will tell you about what the girls think of them.
aico is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:14 PM   #11
poisson
Confirmed User

wath a bunch of
Old 11-09-2005, 08:15 PM   #12
DeanCapture
Haters & Trolls SUCK!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace
DeanCapture is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:17 PM   #13
Dugmor
The Traffic Cowboy

Industry Role:
I guess they want to be different ....... most goths and punks are like that !
Dugmor is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:18 PM   #14
Thumbler
Confirmed User

I thought they had closed down a few weeks ago, but obviously not
Old 11-09-2005, 08:18 PM   #15
quantum-x
Confirmed User

Quote:
Oh, they're just the interesting emails.
There were over 25 emails back and forth, discussing stupid changes.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:19 PM   #16
QuaWee
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aico
Suicide girls fucks their girls over, all the top girls have left and shot for GodsGirls.com

Feel free to send your traffic to Rae Malaya she is an ex-suicide girl. You can say Teen
wow, that gal is hot
Old 11-09-2005, 08:19 PM   #17
dunefield
www.barely18movies.com

holy shit you certainly put up with alot of their bullshit...
Old 11-09-2005, 08:21 PM   #18
Splum
Confirmed User

I sent 20+ sales to SuicideGirls and they booted me saying my site didnt fit thier style(seriously those were the words they used). They did send me my money for the sales so I cant say they are scammers but they do seriously SUCK. lol.
Splum is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:21 PM   #19
shermo

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum-x
As I said - I've not posted before, as until now they have been 'high maintenance' - The instant they closed my account for the second time, WITH FUNDS IN IT - with no mention of being able to do so (terms and conditions are NOT listed on their affiliate page) - that was fraud.
Very true.. I stand corrected!

Send your traffic to AmeliaG! Spooky Cash loves it's affiliates!
  Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:23 PM   #20
aico
Moo Moo Cow

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuaWee
wow, that gal is hot
yep, and she retains like a mofo
Old 11-09-2005, 08:23 PM   #21
quantum-x
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermsshack
Very true.. I stand corrected!

Send your traffic to AmeliaG! Spooky Cash loves it's affiliates!
Oh yeah, I send to Amelia, and she's gonna get even more now.
I can't beleive those asspods.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:25 PM   #22
SureFire
Confirmed User

Quote:
SureFire is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:27 PM   #23
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
lol don't they only pay like $5 a sale or some BS.. why jump through any hoops at all for the little amount they pay out.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:28 PM   #24
quantum-x
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett
lol don't they only pay like $5 a sale or some BS.. why jump through any hoops at all for the little amount they pay out.
I figured that once I'd got through there, I'd be the only one who could or would bother, so I'd collect ;)
Old 11-09-2005, 08:28 PM   #25
SomeCreep
:glugglug

Wow, it's obvious to me Suicidegirls are a bunch of assholes that dont appreciate their affiliates. I would never promote a sponsor like that.

Webair Hosting

I use and recommend Webair for hosting.
SomeCreep is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:29 PM   #26
Audrey
Confirmed User

wow look like you worked a lot on this site for nothing. They really have no idea how to deal with affiliates!!!

Cash Prog. & Solo Sites : Lemonade Cash Cali Logan
Niche Sites : Kickass-Girlz KnockoutGirlz
Content: 66clicks
Audrey is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:32 PM   #27
Brujah
Beer Money Baron

Industry Role:
Maybe on the bright side though, if you only did 1 signup.. they aren't worth bothering with anyway are they ?
Old 11-09-2005, 08:33 PM   #28
arg
Confirmed User

Simon,

I'm sure Suicide Girls appreciates your notice, however they prefer Affiliate Program to the term Sponsor. Please create a new thread with the title "WARNING - SCAMMING AFFILIATE PROGRAM: Suicide Girls.com" and close this one.

Afterwards, please be aware that they do not like words in all-capital letters, so close the replacement thread and crate a new one entitled "Warning - Scamming affiliate program: Suicide Girls.com."

Once you've done that, note that they are SuicideGirls.com, not Suicide Girls.com. They appreciate your patience but must once again request that you replace the 2nd replacement thread with one which omits the space in the domain name in the thread title.

They'll look forward to giving you further instructions when the above steps are completed.
arg is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:33 PM   #29
RogerV
Banned!

that site is built to only make money for the owner..

Its very nice though
RogerV is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:34 PM   #30
Brujah
Beer Money Baron

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splum
I sent 20+ sales to SuicideGirls and they booted me saying my site didnt fit thier style(seriously those were the words they used). They did send me my money for the sales so I cant say they are scammers but they do seriously SUCK. lol.
Your site was too "adult" ?
Old 11-09-2005, 08:35 PM   #31
quantum-x
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by arg
Simon,

I'm sure Suicide Girls appreciates your notice, however they prefer Affiliate Program to the term Sponsor. Please create a new thread with the title "WARNING - SCAMMING AFFILIATE PROGRAM: Suicide Girls.com" and close this one.

Afterwards, please be aware that they do not like words in all-capital letters, so close the replacement thread and crate a new one entitled "Warning - Scamming affiliate program: Suicide Girls.com."

Once you've done that, note that they are SuicideGirls.com, not Suicide Girls.com. They appreciate your patience but must once again request that you replace the 2nd replacement thread with one which omits the space in the domain name in the thread title.

They'll look forward to giving you further instructions when the above steps are completed.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:36 PM   #32
aico
Moo Moo Cow

Quote:
Originally Posted by arg
Simon,

Old 11-09-2005, 08:36 PM   #33
DirtyRider
Confirmed User

Wow nice thread
Old 11-09-2005, 08:37 PM   #34
lazycash
Troll Patrol

Industry Role:
Damn, seems they are going to want to see your business plan next and do a background check on all new affiliates. Amazing you stuck it out as long as you did. Funny how they take away just about all your methods of promoting them and then turn around and say you aren't converting, gee I wonder why.
lazycash is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:39 PM   #35
BIGTYMER
Junior Achiever

Industry Role:
Life goes on..
BIGTYMER is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:46 PM   #36
sandyman
Confirmed User

let's be clear. they are really a bunch of cyco. someone say high maintenance, have you even saw the site quantum-x made to promote them ? man this is hard and amazing work there ! as an affiliate manager they must feel honoured to have a webmaster like that promoting them! their se traffic sux and they would have make more sales and increase their presence by letting his site running. cutting a webmaster account in those conditions is pure bullshit.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:46 PM   #37
Kevsh
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by arg
Simon,

That is hilarious!

But in seriousness, I've heard enough bad things about the owners/operators of the site that i'd never touch them. Even though I have a serious soft-spot for goth "women", their "total control" approach is not surprising - esp. their inability to get their story straight.

I'm surprised you had as much patience as you did!
Kevsh is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:49 PM   #38
nofx
Too lazy to set a custom title

SG is run by a bunch of people who have NO CLUE what they're doing

Often times I wonder why
There's love and hate, theres live or die.
When sickness comes I must decide:
When feelings go, theres suicide.
nofx is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:50 PM   #39
Brujah
Beer Money Baron

Industry Role:
VERY NICE site bro. What are you going to do with it now ?
Old 11-09-2005, 08:54 PM   #40
SomeCreep
:glugglug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyman
let's be clear. they are really a bunch of cyco. someone say high maintenance, have you even saw the site quantum-x made to promote them ? man this is hard and amazing work there ! as an affiliate manager they must feel honoured to have a webmaster like that promoting them! their se traffic sux and they would have make more sales and increase their presence by letting his site running. cutting a webmaster account in those conditions is pure bullshit.
I agree, that site he made, cutegoths.com is awesome. It looks like he put many hours of work into it, and for suicidegirls to close his account for not being able to produce enough sales is so insulting.

They should state somewhere in their terms that they require their webmasters to send a minimum of x amount of sales in x amount of time or they close the account. Then webmasters wouldnt waste their time joining their affiliate program.

Webair Hosting

I use and recommend Webair for hosting.
SomeCreep is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:54 PM   #41
Splum
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujah
Your site was too "adult" ?
Yeah they probably want to stick to affiliates that serve their specific niche
Splum is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:55 PM   #42
Dirty Dane
Sick Fuck

Industry Role:
lol... that 1 signup says more about them than you.

Thanks for the warning
Dirty Dane is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:55 PM   #43
Pipecrew
Master of Gfy.com

Industry Role:
haha that shit is nuts. You must of checked that little box on affiliate signup

___ Let us Control Your Life
Pipecrew is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:58 PM   #44
nofx
Too lazy to set a custom title

their affiliate program is a mess and fugly

this is the only info they have on their stats page:
Quote:
CURRENT BALANCE:
$0.00
EARNED TO DATE:
$0.00 (0 SIGNUPS)
thats all the stats they give you. no raw/unique stats , just that.

Often times I wonder why
There's love and hate, theres live or die.
When sickness comes I must decide:
When feelings go, theres suicide.
nofx is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:58 PM   #45
ModelPerfect
Confirmed User

Thanks for sharing...I don't want to go through all that BS.

(Proudly hosted at www.webair.com )
ModelPerfect is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:02 PM   #46
quantum-x
Confirmed User

No idea. The idea is sunk now that I can't use their journals. Bit of a fuck around really, it was all custom software to do that.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:08 PM   #47
phonesex
Confirmed User

wow that is some drama. Promote phone sex, 100% less drama.
phonesex is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:16 PM   #48
Heywood Jablome
Confirmed User

Sucks that they jerked you around like that, but thanks for the warning. I signed up with them a while back. They had a lot of content restrictions at the time - a pack of about 100 pics, a handful of banners, and that was it. Using other pics & text content was definitely against their tos.

I put a couple of their banners in a rotation, it looks like now is as good a time as any to remove them.
Heywood Jablome is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:17 PM   #49
kaori
Confirmed User

that's really lame... I hope other people think it through before they decide to try and promote SG....
kaori is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:19 PM   #50
DWB
Giggity

Industry Role:
wow. You lasted a hell of a lot longer that I would have.
DWB is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >