Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 04-26-2006, 08:58 PM   #1
minusonebit
So Fucking Banned

ePassporte: Another Lie. Proof Inside. (Drama) (Pics)

You know what?

I always have thought that ePassporte's whole "scrambled passwords in the DB" story is bullshit. Now I know.

I signed into my account a second ago using the password they e-mailed me and went to change my password back so I can use "my" password to get into my account.

When I went to change it, I get this message:

Now, if they lost my password in this DB mess, how would the system know that I used that password before? Its lost, remember? So once again, ePassporte has blown smoke up my ass. Someone ain't tellin the truth.

What really happened, ePassporte? I cant wait to hear the explanation here.
minusonebit is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:00 PM   #2
Alex
So Fucking Banned (YEA!!)

Drama.
Sig spot.
9 posts till 10k
Who?
Alex is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:01 PM   #3
onlineriches
Confirmed User

*pulls up a chair
onlineriches is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:02 PM   #4
Juicy D. Links
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex
Drama.
Sig spot.
9 posts till 10k

preliminary congrats
Juicy D. Links is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:03 PM   #5
woj
<&(©¿©)&>

Industry Role:
interesting...
woj is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:09 PM   #6
Doctor Dre
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
lol... prolly was some phishing going on or something like that.
I rebooted, deleted temp files, history, cookies and everything...still cannot view the news clip. All I see is that fucking gay ass music video from "Rick Roll". Anyone else have a different link to the news clip?
Doctor Dre is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:09 PM   #7
harvey
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
:costumed- ooooh the drama!
Old 04-26-2006, 09:11 PM   #8
BiggleJones
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Drama on GFY? That's unheard of!
Old 04-26-2006, 09:13 PM   #9
mattz
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
waiting...
mattz is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:14 PM   #10
marketsmart
HOMICIDAL TROLL KILLER

Industry Role:
what do you expect them to say.. thats like a program saying "yeah we shave"
marketsmart is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:14 PM   #11
CDSmith
GFY HALL OF FAME DAMMIT!!!

Industry Role:
Location: My network is hosted at TECHIEMEDIA.net ...Wait, you meant where am *I* located at? Oh... okay, I'm in Winnipeg, Canada. Oops. :)
Quote:
Drama.
Sig spot.
9 posts till 10k
This is huge, huge news. I want to know more about this.

Who or what will you dedicate your 10k post to?

I'm pulling up a lawn chair for this one. :D

ALWAYS THE HIGHEST PAYOUTS: Big Bux/ImLive SIGNUP ON NOW!!!

Put some PUSSYCA$H in your pocket.
ICQ me at: 31024634
CDSmith is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:16 PM   #12
harvey
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDSmith

I'm taking Xanax, the anxiety is killing me
Old 04-26-2006, 09:17 PM   #13
Alex
So Fucking Banned (YEA!!)

Quote:

Hmm.. Never thought of it that way.
Was more intersteing in getting access to that super secret forum.
Who?
Alex is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:19 PM   #14
Pete-KT
Workin With The Devil

Industry Role:
wonder what really ahppened
Pete-KT is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:31 PM   #15
JD

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete-KT
they got hacked. It's the only real explanation. Any company that "upgrades" the LIVE server is fucking retarded. There's always a dev box. You do the changes on the cloned dev box, if all goes well, you then do them to the live server.
JD is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:32 PM   #16
minusonebit
So Fucking Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete-KT
We'll prolly never know. I think I'll call my bank in the morning and cancel my debit card just to be safe. I really dont need my accounts getting drained right now.
minusonebit is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:33 PM   #17
CDSmith
GFY HALL OF FAME DAMMIT!!!

Industry Role:
Location: My network is hosted at TECHIEMEDIA.net ...Wait, you meant where am *I* located at? Oh... okay, I'm in Winnipeg, Canada. Oops. :)
Quote:
Hmm.. Never thought of it that way.
Was more intersteing in getting access to that super secret forum.
Sorry, keys to the secret forum has been pushed back to 20k posters only.

Was getting too crowded in there.

ALWAYS THE HIGHEST PAYOUTS: Big Bux/ImLive SIGNUP ON NOW!!!

Put some PUSSYCA$H in your pocket.
ICQ me at: 31024634
CDSmith is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:35 PM   #18
SmokeyTheBear
►SouthOfHeaven

Location: PlanetEarth MyBoardRank: GerbilMaster My-Penis-Size: extralarge MyWeapon: Computer
i noticed my epassporte email addy got hit hard with spam ever since epassporte had their "problem" , theres only one other company with that email.. so its either them or epassporte
Old 04-26-2006, 09:36 PM   #19
minusonebit
So Fucking Banned

Quote:
Sorry, keys to the secret forum has been pushed back to 20k posters only.

Was getting too crowded in there.
Well, in that case, only about ~19,050 posts to go. I think I can get those in before the end of the month. Muahahaha.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:36 PM   #20
martinsc
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
i think i'll park my sig here...
Old 04-26-2006, 09:36 PM   #21
Sly
Let's do some business!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by minusonebit
You know what?

I always have thought that ePassporte's whole "scrambled passwords in the DB" story is bullshit. Now I know.

I signed into my account a second ago using the password they e-mailed me and went to change my password back so I can use "my" password to get into my account.

When I went to change it, I get this message:

Now, if they lost my password in this DB mess, how would the system know that I used that password before? Its lost, remember? So once again, ePassporte has blown smoke up my ass. Someone ain't tellin the truth.

What really happened, ePassporte? I cant wait to hear the explanation here.
I have a very possible explanation.

When you create a new password, it is added to a separate database. As you add new passwords, they get added to this separate database. The database that got scrambled was a completely different database. Now you're going to ask "why wouldn't they just retrieve the password from the storage database?" That would be a huge security risk on your behalf.

Sell me your: Paysites and Hosting Company. Buy my: Aged Domains and Sites
Sly is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:44 PM   #22
woj
<&(©¿©)&>

Industry Role:
After taking a moment to analyze the "evidence", I concluded there are 2 possible logical explanations to all this:

1. They are telling the truth (there were some database problems)

The database got corrupted, stuff like that happens. Normally what happens in a situation like that everyone panics for a min, then someone in the group realizes, "Wait a min, don't we have a backup from last night?" Database gets restored, missing data since the backup is recovered from the log files. End result: Everything is back to normal. However, everything was not back to normal, everything got recovered except the passwords. Also, it's worth noting, that certain accounts were not effected at all by this "database problem." I don't see any logical explanation for that under this scenario.

2. There was a hacking attempt (which may or may not have been successful)

Hacking attempt was detected and narrowed down to certain accounts. For example, brute force attack was detected, and a list of accounts with failed logins in the past 24 hours was compiled. As a precaution, passwords to effected accounts were changed to minimize possible damage. This explains why only certain accounts were effected.

I guess there are also other possible explanations, like programmer error for example. Programmer was doing work on the database, and accidently wiped out half the passwords. But in my opinion they would all fall into "1" category, database corruption that can be easilly recovered.
woj is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:49 PM   #23
nyana
Confirmed User

passwords stored in high security databases often use encryption ...

so yes its possible they can't read your password, but can verify if it is the same one previously used ...
nyana is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:10 PM   #24
tenderobject
Need Designs? 312352846

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marketsmart
what do you expect them to say.. thats like a program saying "yeah we shave"
LOL

NEED DESIGNS?!?
tenderobject is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:13 PM   #25
madawgz

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy D. Links
preliminary congrats
same here, congratzzzzzzz! why did you sign offline with only 4 posts to go
Old 04-26-2006, 11:13 PM   #26
Well Dunn
Confirmed User

oh the humanity!

Mailers! ICQ me I want your traffic!!!!

We will pay daily, weekly, monthly, WHATEVER! Just contact me and we will get you paid!
Well Dunn is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:14 PM   #27
chadglni
Confirmed User

Smokey mentioned the spam, I see lots of people crying about epass spam now so it makes you wonder.
chadglni is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:23 PM   #28
reynold

this is more like a tragi-comedy to me
reynold is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:33 PM   #29
The Sultan Of Smut
Confirmed User

See sig.
The Sultan Of Smut is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:45 AM   #30
Ace_luffy
www.creationcrew.com

Industry Role:
Location: CREATIONCREW.COM CREATIONCREW.COM CREATIONCREW.COM CREATIONCREW.COM CREATIONCREW.COM CREATIONCREW.COM
where's the love ? from epass ref ?

++ Adult and Mainstream Websites Designs | 10 banners for only $50 | html5 Banners ++
Icq:194-370-797 | Skype:creationcrew | Telegram : https://t.me/creationcrew | HTML5/Responsive Site - Div/CSS - ElevatedX - NATs - Wordpress

Ace_luffy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:52 AM   #31
Jay_StandAhead
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Spin is everywhere. Nowadays even with solid evidence it's hard to disprove the "spin"

if you don't trust epassposte, stop using them. I'll personally lower my balance by 90%

Our Programs: StandAhead | IndieBucks | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | EmoProfits | BritishBucks | HunkMoney | LatinoBucks
Make $$$ with Gay! Lowest Minimum Payouts in the Business, Perfect Track Record, Amazing Sites
Jay_StandAhead is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:54 AM   #32
xclusive

Quote:
Drama.
Sig spot.
9 posts till 10k
Congrats Alex you're almost a greenie

I support MediumPimpin.com / Shemp's Outlawtgp.com /

xclusive is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 05:59 AM   #33
cool1
sex is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by woj

2. There was a hacking attempt (which may or may not have been successful)

Hacking attempt was detected and narrowed down to certain accounts. For example, brute force attack was detected, and a list of accounts with failed logins in the past 24 hours was compiled. As a precaution, passwords to effected accounts were changed to minimize possible damage. This explains why only certain accounts were effected.
I never had any problems with my pass word, so this one sounds logical.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:18 AM   #34
jimthefiend
So Fucking Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly
I have a very possible explanation.

When you create a new password, it is added to a separate database. As you add new passwords, they get added to this separate database. The database that got scrambled was a completely different database. Now you're going to ask "why wouldn't they just retrieve the password from the storage database?" That would be a huge security risk on your behalf.

Makes sense to me.
jimthefiend is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 06:20 AM   #35
CaptainWolfy
Playa

Industry Role:
bump here for you all
CaptainWolfy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 06:31 AM   #36
djroof
JuicyDevils.gr Owner

Industry Role:
that sucks.... but epass has some problems with DB
djroof is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 06:32 AM   #37
Screaming
I can change this!!!!!

damn epass has been taking a beating recently
Old 04-27-2006, 06:36 AM   #38
Damian_Maxcash
So Fucking Banned

Is it wise to mention that they sent me a new password but I still use my old one with zero problems?

Probably not - please ignore that......
Damian_Maxcash is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 06:42 AM   #39
Damian_Maxcash
So Fucking Banned

It could be that they just have a database table with all your previous passwords ie.

user - Fred Blogs

previous passords - pass1, pass2, pass3

They then wouldnt have known what the current one should be.

In fact if you put your mind to it there are a dozen explanations
Damian_Maxcash is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 06:50 AM   #40
wonderman
So Fucking Banned

I am still in process of withdrawing 7000 from my epassporte account. The fact that I can take only 300 dollars a day is sort of annoying. Worse than that is when it takes 6 days to get the money. That is way to long.
wonderman is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 06:55 AM   #41
Tuga
Confirmed User

Gotta love Epassporte drama

Go Fuck Yourself!
ICQ 101411627
Tuga is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:01 AM   #42
G-Rotica
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
drama, drama, drama and even more drama
Old 04-27-2006, 07:05 AM   #43
RawAlex
So Fucking Banned

Okay, here is my couple of cents worth on this:

In many security schemes, passwords are encoded - often the encoding scheme is one way. Past passwords are often stored (ENCODED, I might add) in a "past passwords" file. When you go to change your password, the new password you request is encoded and compared to the encoded items on the past password list. If there is a match (encode to encoded) they will decline the password.

There is no way to determine what that encoded password is, therefore no way to easily recover as password except to issue a new one.

Nice conspiracy theory, but sorry, common sense in programming and security says "fake drama" all over your thread.

Second part is the people with high Epass balances and low daily take out limits. You guys make me laugh. If you have that much in the account, you should either apply for an increase in amount per day (I don't keep a ton, and my limit is much higher) or consider that potentially the way you are using the account and the amounts you are attempting to put through it are a little beyond what it was intended for. If you are using it, example, to avoid the expenses of processing checks and the amounts you are getting are large enough, you might want to consider asking your sponsors to wire money directly to your account.

A hammer is a great tool for hammer nails. It isn't a very good tool for making micro circuits. Don't blame the tool if you don't use it well.

Alex
RawAlex is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:05 AM   #44
European Lee
Confirmed User

Regards,

Lee
European Lee is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:27 AM   #45
Egomancer
Confirmed User

Well,

I say they got hacked, or they suspect they got hacked...

Egomancer
Y!MSN: lord_ender

If you want to outsource any work to Romania - here I am !!!!

www.anotheranime.com | www.autotrafic.ro | www.jocurionline.ro
Egomancer is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:16 AM   #46
minusonebit
So Fucking Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawAlex

In many security schemes, passwords are encoded - often the encoding scheme is one way. Past passwords are often stored (ENCODED, I might add) in a "past passwords" file. When you go to change your password, the new password you request is encoded and compared to the encoded items on the past password list. If there is a match (encode to encoded) they will decline the password.

There is no way to determine what that encoded password is, therefore no way to easily recover as password except to issue a new one.

Nice conspiracy theory, but sorry, common sense in programming and security says "fake drama" all over your thread.
Yes, this is all true. But, if there was corruption in the DB, as they have claimed (we'll, actually, all they have said is a "DB problem", whatever the hell that means), then the encoded hashes that were our old passwords would have been changed (corrupted) and the login/changepass scripts would not see a match. But in this case, they do see a match. Which means that ePass had something happen there and the reason we could all log into our accounts was something other than what they said it was.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:19 AM   #47
jimthefiend
So Fucking Banned

Quote:

A hammer is a great tool for hammer nails. It isn't a very good tool for making micro circuits. Don't blame the tool if you don't use it well.

Alex

Well said.
jimthefiend is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:00 AM   #48
Fabien
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Long live Epassporte
With this said
Never leave money in your accounts
Fabien is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:00 AM   #49
Manowar
jellyfish  

drama llama
Manowar is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:06 AM   #50
darksoul
Confirmed User

Quote:

Alex

Think again wise guy.
We already know the passwords are encrypted that doesn't explain why they had to be changed altho they still have the old hashes.
darksoul is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >