Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 07-09-2006, 10:11 AM   #1
RonC
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Should AVN post their Adult Directory Online?

I just read in this thread

http://www.gofuckyourself.com/showthread.php?t=630640

That AVN plans to put the entire adult internet directory online. I personally don't think every surfer on the planet or possible psycho should have access to such a directory with all our names, address, and phone numbers listed in own place.

Don't get me wrong I love the idea of a directory which can even be online if password restricted. I just feel if you are not listed in there as a business then you should not get access to a copy of this information.

What is everyone's opinion?

Ron Cadwell
CEO

CCbill.com
Cavecreek.com
DRMNetworks.com
RonC is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:13 AM   #2
BoyAlley
So Fucking Gay

I definately agree with you Ron. Their intentions are good, but I don't think they've considered the ramifications.
BoyAlley is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:16 AM   #3
Mike AI
Confirmed User

This would make it easier for companies who want to sue for dubious patents to find everyone.

Make big money on your Domains! Why wait 40 days to get paid with the other guys? Parked.com pays the most for your traffic, and cuts checks twice a month!
Mike AI is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:22 AM   #4
Waveu6410
Confirmed User

i'd rather have a copy right here at home for reference.
Waveu6410 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:23 AM   #5
XonDemand
Confirmed User

I agree, but Alexa.com already does that ;-)
(api) publish records are a forum of whois records and related sites. hence adultwhoswho.com

I am willing to create such a database.

like the top 1,000,000 alexa sites.
name, company, email, address phone...
for $50. we can even provide you with personnal history from a goverment database legally ;

the information is available we all need to educate ; more... more gets added and deleted every day.

it would be nice to make the data available to the user for free, to update and control your information (profile).

everyone else gets like company, name and state, but hasto pay for email, phone and address info that is legally published and can be changed from admin ;

send me more details [email protected] or post them here that would be great ;

the google if you will of data, adult and non adult (ie: another alexa)

60,000+ DVD Movies
Studio / Webmaster

ADULT WEBMASTER RESOURCES
XonDemand is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:53 AM   #6
xNetworx
So Fucking What

Industry Role:
The less sensitive information available to non-industry folk, the better.
xNetworx is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:58 AM   #7
baddog
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Yeah, I don't get enough spam yet.

</sarcasm>
baddog is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 12:00 PM   #8
WiredGuy
Pounding Googlebot

Industry Role:
I definitely would not want my info that public, especially phone number and email address. I like the way Phx Forum has it setup, if you were an attendee, then your username/password works in viewing the online version of the handbook that was given out.
WG
Old 07-09-2006, 03:30 PM   #9
RonC
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
:2cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiredGuy
I definitely would not want my info that public, especially phone number and email address. I like the way Phx Forum has it setup, if you were an attendee, then your username/password works in viewing the online version of the handbook that was given out.
WG

WiredGuy

I agree I wish they would just put a password to protect everyones information.

Ron C
RonC is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:52 PM   #10
JFK
FUBAR the ORIGINATOR

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonC
WiredGuy

I agree I wish they would just put a password to protect everyones information.

Ron C
Password protection would be great

Sig Spot Available –contact JFK @ FUBARWebmasters.com
FUBAR Webmasters - The FUBAR Times - FUBAR Webmasters Mobile - FUBARTV.XXX
For promo opps contact jfk at fubarwebmasters dot com
JFK is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:17 PM   #11
Lukeisbackcom

One of the keys to my success is that I've never been shy announcing exactly how I make my living. Nor have I had occasion to hold my head in shame in this respect.

As H.L. Mencken said, you can tell the quality of a man's character by how he makes his living.

If you can't with pride tell people what you do for a living, then you can only slink through life burdened by shame.

At least that's what Rabbi Daniel Lapin says in his book, Thou Shall Prosper: Ten Commandments for Making Money:

Be Proud Of And Let People Know What You Do

Make lots of new friends, try to help them, and make sure they all know how you could help them and that you are eager to do so.

...The Talmud records the names of many great scholars and eminent sages who were known by their occupations, such as Rabbi Yochanan, the shoemaker. Jews were encouraged by these Talmudic heroes with their distinctive names to proudly declare their occupations, too. Jews also take the lesson to heart from Jonah, prophet of God, who was woken by the sailors terrified of the storm that threatened their ship. In an effort to identify the menace, the frightened men inquired of Jonah: "Tell us who caused this storm? (Was it you?) What is your occupation? Where are you from?"

To this day, one of the first questions people tend to ask a new acquaintance is, "What do you do for a living?" It is a legitimate question because the inquirer really wants to know what the person does for other people. He or she is wondering how do others find you useful. How you help your fellow humans is a proud part of your identity. The only person to be embarrassed by the question is the one who has no answer. Traditionally, Jews have been quick to identify their occupations. This obviously makes it much simpler for others to make contact for business purposes, and it may be partially responsible for Jews acquiring the reputation of being forward and aggressive in business.
Lukeisbackcom is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:19 PM   #12
Mr. Romance
The Face of Romance and the Symbol of Freedom

As usual Ron, you make sense...I agree this is not a good idea.

Gerard

Gerard-Director of Global Sales
Check out: FreeCamStars
gerard at freecamstars . com

Mr. Romance is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:57 PM   #13
Jace
FBOP Class Of 2013

Industry Role:
up until a couple of years ago they did publish online, and for free

did you have issues with it back then?

I loved having it online, it beats buying a $100 magazine to see it
Jace is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 05:24 PM   #14
RayVega
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Ron, Agree 100%.

Managing Director
Private Equity Fund

[email protected]
RayVega is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >