Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:21 PM   #1
Lensman
GFY Chaperone

Court: Google OK to display thumbs, reverses Perfect 10 Lawsuit

Google OK'd to display sex thumbnails
Appeals court reverses ruling to allow the Web search leader to display small photos from an adult site.

http://money.cnn.com/2007/05/16/tech...ce=yahoo_quote
Lensman is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:23 PM   #2
fusionx
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
This. Is. Huge. News.

Thanks
fusionx is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:23 PM   #3
sicone
Retired

Industry Role:
wow... they get to do everything thats not legal
Old 05-16-2007, 01:27 PM   #4
SteveLightspeed
Confirmed User

They should be bound by the same rules as affiliates
Old 05-16-2007, 01:29 PM   #5
Shoehorn!
Die With Your Boots On

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicone View Post
wow... they get to do everything thats not legal
$150 billion tends to do that.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:30 PM   #6
tranza

Great news!!

Thumb TGP owners shouldn't be concerned now, right?
Old 05-16-2007, 01:31 PM   #7
DamageX
Marketing & Strategy

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranza View Post
Great news!!

Wrong...

If you don't do it, somebody else will - true story!
DamageX is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:32 PM   #8
TheSenator
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Holy shit!!!
Old 05-16-2007, 01:32 PM   #9
JMM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Great news!!

Wrong.

TGP owners aren't google and aren't a major search engine that serves the public good.

Read the article again. The only thing google is off the hook for is thumbnailing perfect 10 images from perfect 10's website. They may still be on the hook for thumbnailing, AND linking to sites displaying perfect 10 images without authorization.

This is far from over.
JMM is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:33 PM   #10
SmokeyTheBear
►SouthOfHeaven

Location: PlanetEarth MyBoardRank: GerbilMaster My-Penis-Size: extralarge MyWeapon: Computer
Quote:
Great news!!

rename your tgp to a search engine
Old 05-16-2007, 01:33 PM   #11
Mutt

Industry Role:
read it carefully - this court actually overturned the lower court decision that rejected Perfect10's claim that Google is liable for contributing to copyright infringement by others by linking the the thumbs to pages illegally using Perfect10's images.

"There is no dispute that Google substantially assists Web sites to distribute their infringing copies to a worldwide market and assists a worldwide audience of users to access infringing materials," the ruling found.

"Google could be held contributorily liable if it had knowledge that infringing Perfect 10 images were available using its search engine, could take simple measures to prevent further damage to Perfect 10's copyrighted works and failed to take such steps."
Old 05-16-2007, 06:19 PM   #12
Snake Doctor
I'm Lenny2 Bitch

This looks interesting
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) -- A U.S. appeals court lifted a preliminary injunction Wednesday against Google Inc. from showing thumbnail-size photos from sexually explicit Internet sites, but said the company might be liable for allowing links to sites displaying pirated photos.

Maybe this will pave the way for torrents to get kicked out of the SERPS.
Snake Doctor is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:25 PM   #13
Mutt

Industry Role:
everybody in this industry should be cheering on the plaintiffs in all these mainstream copyright infringement lawsuits. legal victories will mean that one day we can sue all the forums, free hosting services, torrent sites that are stealing and ruining us.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:50 PM   #14
wtfent
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoehorn! View Post
$150 billion tends to do that.
Who has a $150 billion, not google
wtfent is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:38 PM   #15
Phil
Confirmed User

This should solve it:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteOptions inherit
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} .*images.google.*$ [NC,OR]
RewriteRule .* http://www.link_to_zango_here [R,L]
Old 05-16-2007, 07:46 PM   #16
jimb
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfent View Post
Who has a $150 billion, not google
Market Cap: 146.96B

They have 146.95 Billion to be exact!

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=goog

Jim
jimb is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:09 PM   #17
CaptainHowdy

Industry Role:
Money talks...
Old 05-16-2007, 08:20 PM   #18
CunningStunt
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Fuck I hate google, even more than my hangover.
CunningStunt is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:23 PM   #19
LiveDose
Show Yer Tits!

Industry Role:
Interesting. I think the courts were probably just tired of whiney Norm.

Please don't sue me for saying that.

Scammer Alert: acer19 acer [email protected] [email protected] Money stolen using PayPal
LiveDose is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:26 PM   #20
quantum-x
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny2 View Post
This looks interesting
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) -- A U.S. appeals court lifted a preliminary injunction Wednesday against Google Inc. from showing thumbnail-size photos from sexually explicit Internet sites, but said the company might be liable for allowing links to sites displaying pirated photos.

Maybe this will pave the way for torrents to get kicked out of the SERPS.
They're not linking to copyrighted material though, that's the hitch.
.torrent files are perfectly legal, even if they point to data that isn't.
quantum-x is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >