Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:24 PM   #1
Forest
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
JoeE back in the News

BROWARD COUNTY, Fla. - The legal battle between former partners Joe Elkind and John Bennett over business ownership has taken a turn, with Elkind now seeking a trial by jury for his claim that his former attorney plotted against him with Bennett.

When Elkind and Bennett were partners, they hired attorney Richard J. Cahan to devise a way to hide their various assets through a series of complex corporate transactions, Elkind notes in a lawsuit filed earlier this month in a Florida court. The scheme, Elkind contends, allowed him and Bennett to avoid taxes, but gave Bennett an opportunity to prevent Elkind from maintaining his share of ownership in Breaker Assets Holdings, AVV and half of Net Management Services Inc.

The suit claims that Cahan, who was supposed to represent both Elkind and Bennett, disregarded his duties to Elkind and assisted Bennett in defrauding Elkind. Elkind is seeking unspecified damages from Cahan.

Elkind claims that Cahan then began working with Bennett to get Elkind out of the picture. He said in the suit that Netvision Audiotext Inc., which he and Bennett jointly owned, was sold to Virtual World Holdings for more than $14.8 million. Virtual World Holdings, which is under the umbrella of Breaker Assets Holdings, was supposed to pay $319,688 each quarter, but hasn't paid since January 2002, the suit states.

The suit states that Bennett and Elkind had planned to set up an offshore account for tax-avoidance purposes, and that Elkind was required to sign an employment agreement, which he said was not needed because he was 50 percent owner in the company.

Elkind also claims that Bennett and Cahan brought two of his other personal attorneys, Steven Workman and Kenneth Knox, into the scheme to exclude him from the business.

In the suit, Elkind claims that, in 2004, the attorneys used personal information from other matters in which they represented him and knowingly worked under conflicts of interest to plot with Bennett to force Elkind to sell Bennett his share of the business for a fraction of its worth.
Forest is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:57 PM   #2
Extreme John
Confirmed User

that is one fucked up story.

Extreme John is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:10 PM   #3
JFK
FUBAR the ORIGINATOR

Industry Role:
as the stomach turns

Sig Spot Available –contact JFK @ FUBARWebmasters.com
FUBAR Webmasters - The FUBAR Times - FUBAR Webmasters Mobile - FUBARTV.XXX
For promo opps contact jfk at fubarwebmasters dot com
JFK is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:24 PM   #4
marketsmart
HOMICIDAL TROLL KILLER

Industry Role:
why would you go to court claiming you were trying to "avoid taxes"?

seems very self-incrimenating to me... i don't get it...
marketsmart is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:37 PM   #5
eroswebmaster
March 1st, 2003

Instant karma's gonna get you...well not so instant...but you get the picture.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:48 PM   #6
Pleasurepays
BANNED - SUPPORTING TUBES

Quote:
Originally Posted by marketsmart View Post

because tax avoidance and tax evasion are not the same thing.

Pleasurepays is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:56 PM   #7
BannerAnt
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marketsmart View Post

what he said.

$8 Animated Banner Special!
BannerAnt is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:08 AM   #8
DamageX
Marketing & Strategy

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleasurepays View Post
because tax avoidance and tax evasion are not the same thing.

Ding ding ding!

If you don't do it, somebody else will - true story!
DamageX is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:50 AM   #9
stfuvt
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
good for him
stfuvt is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:45 AM   #10
Forest
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFK View Post
as the stomach turns

I think we have the makings of a new soap oprea
Forest is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:48 AM   #11
KingK7
Confirmed User

Haha this story never ends
KingK7 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:55 AM   #12
Forest
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
the way i see it is that joe couldnt get anymore money out of JB so now he is going after fresh targets
Old 10-19-2007, 09:23 AM   #13
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
I wonder how much coke they did.....

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Rochard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:35 AM   #14
Wizzo
2011 GFY Hall of Fame!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
I wonder how much coke they did.....

Old 10-19-2007, 10:00 AM   #15
Forest
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzo View Post

i would say more then that

Old 10-19-2007, 10:05 AM   #16
Phoenix
BACON BACON BACON

Industry Role:
partnerships can go bad fast...sucks

hope it works out for all
Phoenix is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:45 AM   #17
Vagisil
Confirmed User

is he still beating up old men nowadays too?
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >