Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 05-30-2010, 11:29 PM   #1
MrDeiz

:mad New Broker Account Requirements by AFF

Follow other changes over here: http://www.signbucksdaily.com/adult-...rtant-changes/

Important: New Broker Account Requirements by AdultFriendFinder (AFF)

Effective May 27, 2010, Medley.com will be introducing new Know Your Customer ("KYC") requirements for brokers of affiliate accounts.

As part of the registration process, you will need to provide a current copy of your government issued ID (the "ID"). If the broker is a corporate (or similar) entity, it must provide a copy of its organizational documents and the ID of an officer or director. The deadline to submit these documents is June 26, 2010.*

Please send all documents to: [email protected] and include your Affiliate ID: XXXXXX with the submission.

* Please click here for complete listing of Know Your Customer broker requirements.

Quote:
“Know Your Customer” Broker Account Requirements

1. In order to comply with our Know Your Customer ("KYC") requirements, beginning May 27, 2010, if you are a broker of any affiliate accounts, and in addition to any other information that you provide Medley, e.g., name, address, taxpayer identification number, as part of the registration process, you will need to provide a current copy of your government issued ID (the "ID"). If the broker is a corporate (or similar) entity, it must provide a copy of its organizational documents and the ID of an officer or director. All information provided to Medley is subject to verification for accuracy and completeness prior to any payment being remitted to broker.

DEADLINE: ANY FAILURE TO SUBMIT THE REQUIRED INFORMATION BY JUNE 26, 2010, WILL RESULT IN THE TERMINATION OF ALL EXISTING BROKER ACCOUNT(S) EFFECTIVE AS OF MAY 27, 2010.
2. No party or entity is entitled to or shall receive any Commission or fee for acting as a broker for any affiliate account that he, she or it owns or operates, directly or indirectly. Medley has the sole right to determine such relationship. In making this determination, Medley may consider various factors, some of which could include: (i) the name and location as the affiliate; (ii) the number of affiliate accounts the broker represents; (iii) the traffic source of the broker account and any affiliate accounts; and/or (iv) the date of the creation of the respective broker and affiliate accounts.
3. A person acting as a broker must operate at least one current affiliate account that receives a minimum $50 in Commissions per pay period and have all accounts in good standing. In addition, to remain a broker, at least every three months, broker must provide Medley with at least one new affiliate who also receives a minimum $50 in Commissions per pay period.
4. The following persons or entities are ineligible to receive any commission or fee for acting as a broker: (i) Employees and consultants of Friendfinder Networks, Inc., and its affiliated entities (collectively "FFN"); (ii) Employees consultants, subsidiaries and affiliated companies of any third-party advertising affiliates; (iii) any family members of employees and consultants of FFN or any third-party advertising affiliates; or (iv) any person or entity engaging in fraud or acting in collusion with the parties listed in (i) through (iii) of this section.

Last edited by MrDeiz; 05-30-2010 at 11:32 PM..
MrDeiz is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:08 AM   #2
SomeCreep
:glugglug

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizzzy View Post

Effective May 27, 2010, Medley.com will be introducing new Know Your Customer ("KYC") requirements for brokers of affiliate accounts.

As part of the registration process, you will need to provide a current copy of your government issued ID (the "ID").
I guess that means you, white shadow.

Webair Hosting

I use and recommend Webair for hosting.
SomeCreep is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:10 AM   #3
$5 submissions
I help you SUCCEED

Industry Role:
Serious development but what % of their affiliate base will be affected by this?
$5 submissions is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:54 AM   #4
greg80
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
3. A person acting as a broker must operate at least one current affiliate account that receives a minimum $50 in Commissions per pay period and have all accounts in good standing. In addition, to remain a broker, at least every three months, broker must provide Medley with at least one new affiliate who also receives a minimum $50 in Commissions per pay period.

This worries me the most. Does that mean that if you don't send a new affiliate every 3 month that makes $50 in payouts, you will loose you broker status and not be paid for any affiliate you have sent in the past anymore???????
Old 05-31-2010, 01:04 AM   #5
Domain Diva
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Location: *UK/USA/Canada* ICQ : 494318698 Email:[email protected]
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg80 View Post

This worries me the most. Does that mean that if you don't send a new affiliate every 3 month that makes $50 in payouts, you will loose you broker status and not be paid for any affiliate you have sent in the past anymore???????
Seems to read that way

Cams-Tube-Dating Domains Available At Trade Prices !
Domains For Sale ICQ:494318698
Domain Diva is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:35 AM   #6
greg80
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
bump. I want to know what is going on. I don't want to loose my broker revenue.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:02 AM   #7
candyflip
Carpe Visio

Industry Role:
Quote:

Of course it does. They want to fuck you and are going to at any cost.

Spend you some brain.
Email Me
candyflip is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:08 AM   #8
Agent 488

Industry Role:
sucks to be you.
Agent 488 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:09 AM   #9
ShellyCrash
Confirmed User

Quote:

I don't know why they would want to force brokers to become active affiliates?

I mean, I can see why, but it seems like it would have more drawbacks than benefits. Not every broker with webmaster traffic has surfer traffic. I wouldn't want to cut someone off who's sending me active webmasters because they aren't also currently generating their own signups / sales.

Start making money with the hottest hookup site!
up to $55 PPS or up to 75% Revshare
ICQ 196766477
ShellyCrash is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:36 AM   #10
greg80
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyCrash View Post
I don't know why they would want to force brokers to become active affiliates?

I mean, I can see why, but it seems like it would have more drawbacks than benefits. Not every broker with webmaster traffic has surfer traffic. I wouldn't want to cut someone off who's sending me active webmasters because they aren't also currently generating their own signups / sales.
True. I am also very active affilaite. Ony problem for me is that I need to find a new affiliate every 3 months that makes money. Most people in adult are pure loosers and make nothing.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:37 AM   #11
dav3
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Glad I don't push them.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:38 AM   #12
DateDoc
Outside looking in.

Industry Role:
They probably have a lot of affiliates that sign up and resign up under themselves multiple times to increase the overall payout.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:46 AM   #13
TeenCat
Too lazy to set a koala

Industry Role:
if all your money are from referred affiliates, god bless you

6bot
/ Coming again very soon!
Svit Zlin Radio 24/7!
TeenCat is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:57 AM   #14
Naechy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
decided to shut down two unprofitable sites h
Old 05-31-2010, 10:58 AM   #15
greg80
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenCat View Post
No, I don't. I have some referrals and I obviously don't want to loose them.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:12 PM   #16
WiredGuy
Pounding Googlebot

Industry Role:
Hmmm, odd change of ToS for referral traffic.
WG
Old 05-31-2010, 01:54 PM   #17
Jack Sparrow
Almost goners..

Industry Role:
yet you keep hiding your reflink on the aff link in your post daizzy?
Jack Sparrow is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:42 PM   #18
signupdamnit
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DateDoc View Post
They probably have a lot of affiliates that sign up and resign up under themselves multiple times to increase the overall payout.
Nice theory. Makes sense.
signupdamnit is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:35 PM   #19
DamnGoodRatio
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
"They probably have a lot of affiliates that sign up and resign up under themselves multiple times to increase the overall payout."

Even if this is a theory and proves true it sucks for those that are doing it the right way.
Think they are shooting themselves in the foot in the long run, even if the short run looks good . . .
Old 05-31-2010, 04:40 PM   #20
greg80
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
They didn't pay out broker earnings for about two months now I think. I spoke to my rep and he told me they will probably do it in June.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:08 PM   #21
ShellyCrash
Confirmed User

Quote:
They didn't pay out broker earnings for about two months now I think. I spoke to my rep and he told me they will probably do it in June.
Wow, that's really strange.

Start making money with the hottest hookup site!
up to $55 PPS or up to 75% Revshare
ICQ 196766477
ShellyCrash is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:30 PM   #22
will76
Making $$$$ w/ ClickCash

Industry Role:
Quote:

Probably and not a surprise either. Can't say this enough, if you still promoting those guys you get what you deserve.

PROGRAM SHIT LIST - DO NOT PROMOTE (click link for gfy thread)
FNCash | Media Revenue
will76 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:12 PM   #23
kristin
GOO!

Industry Role:
Wow, if I want to continue promoting AFF I have to do my own regular job, and then theirs to get new affiliates? That doesn't seem right.

I think some clarification is needed.

"Usually only fat guys have the kind of knowledge and ability that Kristin has."
kristin is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:55 PM   #24
MrDeiz

Quote:
last payment i got from them was apr 21
since that all the money are in hold. i've sent them the stuff yesterday, though didn't get any reply (those new terms are very unclear)
Old 05-31-2010, 10:55 PM   #25
MrDeiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnGoodRatio View Post
Think they are shooting themselves in the foot in the long run, even if the short run looks good . . .
exactly
Old 05-31-2010, 10:58 PM   #26
Marcus Aurelius
No Refunds Issued.

Industry Role:
Good for AFF. Sounds like a great move.

Fuck all those leeching sigwhores living off of other peoples sales.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:09 PM   #27
DukeSkywalker
The Boogeyman

Industry Role:
laughing like Nelson
ds
I am he who causes Falcons to soar due south but no winds caused me.
I am he who has eyes, but not to see.
I am the ring wearer and apron wearer
I am he that carries a pointed staff and raises his fellows with certain grips and words
I am he that knows my brethren in the darkness as well as in the light

Mechanic / Fixer. Literally and figuratively
DukeSkywalker is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:23 AM   #28
ErectMedia
Confirmed Chicago Pimp

Industry Role:
I got no problem with the send in your ID part but losing all your referrals unless you make $50 a period and all your referrals make $50 a period not too cool. 1 Referral makes $49 and then you lose them all? Bump for clarification as I'm assuming this applies to everything in their program like Cams.com? Don't mind them changing the rules but if this is the case they should let us remove the links from the white labels as the cams white label has 1 affiliate referral in the top navigation and 3 links in the footer for models, studios and referrals and you don't get paid for model or studio referrals and with these new rules probably lose your affiliate referrals over time anyway so no sense having 4 links on a site sending traffic we wont get paid for or we will lose as soon as 1 account doesn't make $50.
ErectMedia is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:04 AM   #29
MPGdevil
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
People still supporting AFF? Amazing.
MPGdevil is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:43 AM   #30
Elli
Reach for those stars!

Industry Role:
Ok, I can clarify some of the sticky spots for people:

- You only need to have one affiliate under your broker account who has accounts in good standing and makes the minimum $50 per period. All of your downstream does not have to be making that much.

- The one affiliate under you who meets the requirements means all your broker links can be paid out. So you do not need an affiliate for cams, one for aff, one for ALT, etc.

- This is a requirement to be paid out on your broker account. Your normal affiliate account payments will not be affected.

Last edited by Elli; 06-01-2010 at 10:46 AM..
Elli is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:50 AM   #31
Elli
Reach for those stars!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DateDoc View Post
This is exactly the problem these new requirements were meant to rectify.
Elli is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:16 AM   #32
MrDeiz

hey Elli
have you got my icq message?
Old 06-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #33
Elli
Reach for those stars!

Industry Role:
More clarification:

- The broker needs to have at least one regular affiliate account earning the $50 minimum in a pay period. So you can't just be living off your broker referrals. You must also be sending active traffic to get paid on your broker account.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:56 AM   #34
bjlover
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elli View Post
More clarification:

- The broker needs to have at least one regular affiliate account earning the $50 minimum in a pay period. So you can't just be living off your broker referrals. You must also be sending active traffic to get paid on your broker account.
What problem is this new requirement meant to rectify?
bjlover is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:57 PM   #35
HAPPYPEEKERS
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Ok, I can clarify some of the sticky spots for people:

- You only need to have one affiliate under your broker account who has accounts in good standing and makes the minimum $50 per period. All of your downstream does not have to be making that much.

- The one affiliate under you who meets the requirements means all your broker links can be paid out. So you do not need an affiliate for cams, one for aff, one for ALT, etc.

- This is a requirement to be paid out on your broker account. Your normal affiliate account payments will not be affected.
So the deal is.. I must bring in 1 new affiliate every 3 months ... but as long as "Someone" in my broker list is making $50 a month.. I am fine..
Is this correct Elli?

HappyPeekers - April
HAPPYPEEKERS is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:10 PM   #36
Elli
Reach for those stars!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happypeekers View Post
So the deal is.. I must bring in 1 new affiliate every 3 months ... but as long as "Someone" in my broker list is making $50 a month.. I am fine..
Is this correct Elli?
You must bring in a new affiliate who makes the $50 per period minimum every three months. In this first three months, someone in your downstream must be making the minimum. This is only for you to get paid on your broker account.

Please contact your affiliate manager with questions you might have, folks. I'm doing my best here to clarify, but I understand each person might have a slightly different situation.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:10 PM   #37
Elli
Reach for those stars!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjlover View Post
What problem is this new requirement meant to rectify?
The problem that involves people signing up in their own downstream and earning extra %ages off their own traffic over and over again.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:13 PM   #38
CamTraffic
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
More clarification:

that's total BS

KWFinder is the only keyword tool in the universe you will ever need. Seriously

CamTraffic is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:21 PM   #39
DBS.US
Geo Cities

Industry Role:
Is this just for people in Arizona?

DBS.US is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:21 PM   #40
Nicky
Judge Jury and Executioner

Industry Role:

Hardlinks and blog posts available on a popular blog with DR 43 and over 3000 referring domains.
gfynicky @ gmail.com
Nicky is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:29 AM   #41
Elli
Reach for those stars!

Industry Role:
OK, I've been talking with a few managers and found out what's going on:

FFN held back all broker payments for the payout date of June 1st until the 16th while we switch to the new regulations. This triggered an email yesterday to be sent to everyone. As long as you have sent in your proper documentation and the info matches the info on your account, you WILL BE PAID on June 16th any amounts owing on your Broker Accounts (provided they're above the $50 minimum payout.)

If you have ANY questions, please contact your affiliate manager.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:23 PM   #42
MrDeiz

once i got some clarifications from Elli those new rules don't look that bad anymore. there's a piece of common sense there and they have every right to do this

he issue was caused because aff managers have ignored my requests

thumbs up for Elli
Old 06-02-2010, 01:49 PM   #43
Hornydog4cooter
Confirmed User

Quote:
OK, I've been talking with a few managers and found out what's going on:

FFN held back all broker payments for the payout date of June 1st until the 16th while we switch to the new regulations. This triggered an email yesterday to be sent to everyone. As long as you have sent in your proper documentation and the info matches the info on your account, you WILL BE PAID on June 16th any amounts owing on your Broker Accounts (provided they're above the $50 minimum payout.)

If you have ANY questions, please contact your affiliate manager.
Quick question Elli are we allowed to cookie stuff on brokerage accounts and affiliate accounts? Would like some clarity to this issue...
Hornydog4cooter is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:00 PM   #44
xclicks

Quote:
The problem that involves people signing up in their own downstream and earning extra %ages off their own traffic over and over again.
Hi,
It looks like your pretty face is good only for shows on cams.. Simple math would say:

1 degree referral 10%
2 degree referral 10% of 10% means 1%
3 degree referral 10% of 10% of 10% means 0.1%

Now I can create a master account and then I make 2nd and 3rd degree reffs under it..
Instead of $1000 per month I can get $1110 but..However just 2 degree will get paid of 100 and 1 degree will need to wait 5 more months to get 50. More than 3 degree doesn't count.

So it looks like AFF is greedy enough and salivate to get those 10 percent back because in real life probably there are only about 2% of cheaters of this kind.

I would say #3 - the obligation to bring a new reff every 3 month to make $50 is the killer one and probably here they will grab about 7% back in their pockets from those 10% .

After this I can predict only 1% of broker accounts will survive.

Last edited by xclicks; 06-02-2010 at 03:07 PM.. Reason: :)
xclicks is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:07 PM   #45
goodsites
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:

YES!

Thats exactly what it means, and its plain theft.
They have been reducing my checks the last 3 months which have been steady as a rock for years by over 70% on the broker program, and removed my earnings by 90%

Now this bullshit comes in to seal the deal and end the money you earned promoting them for all these years

Time to dump AFF And Cams.com, and that means this game is officially over..

Fucking pricks

Last edited by goodsites; 06-02-2010 at 03:09 PM..
goodsites is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #46
goodsites
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Bullshit this has been known for 20 years and was an incentive, now you are just jerking.. see ya Elli your job is next
goodsites is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:12 PM   #47
goodsites
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
More clarification:

That aint no clarification thats a straight up lie compared to what the document says
Old 06-02-2010, 03:14 PM   #48
Elli
Reach for those stars!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodsites View Post
That aint no clarification thats a straight up lie compared to what the document says
I've spoken with managers and that is how they clarified the document to me.

If you have any questions regarding your own account with FFN, please contact your affiliate manager directly. They'll be able to help clarify.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:16 PM   #49
goodsites
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenCat View Post
Not all of it, but I have been noticely alot of my earned sales have been mysteriously going down event though i actually got a huge spender this last month.. Always seeing $100 charges dissappear the next day.then back to $0.00 then $2.00. Like they go in there and milk me cuz they can't milk my broker referral..

Since i have had a few big brokers in my account doing $10k a month each.. I worked hard to get those accounts, and now its taken away right when i quit my job too

Im so fucked
Old 06-02-2010, 03:28 PM   #50
goodsites
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
at least every three months, broker must provide Medley with at least one new affiliate who also receives a minimum $50 in Commissions per pay period.
Enuff said... The only fine print needed to be read and understood..

In other words.. say goodbye to all your broker account, cuz you know you aint getting any new affiliates anymore
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >