Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 08-30-2004, 05:58 AM   #1
KRL
Entrepreneur

9th US Circuit Court Case Ruling Could Impact Adult Webmasters

In a decision that could expose U.S.-based Web sites to free speech laws of other nations, a federal appeals court found that Yahoo could not escape legal action in France for violating a French ban on the sale of Nazi-related items.

A divided panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals concluded that U.S. courts did not have blanket power to block foreign countries from enforcing their laws against Web sites such as Yahoo. It was the latest chapter in a case that has tested Internet free speech rights in unsettled legal terrain.

Basically this decision exposes everyone operating web sites in the US to the Internet laws of foreign nations.

Not a good court decision for our sector especially.
KRL is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 06:00 AM   #2
Jakke PNG
ex-TeenGodFather

Industry Role:
TGP owners, welcome german AVS laws with open arms.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:03 AM   #3
afrocreep
Confirmed User

I'd be interested to know what the % of international customers oposed to domestic are.

Of course it varies site to site but is something like this really going to hurt?

And a simple disclaimer stating what the site contains and if it violates your local law then you shouldn't enter (i mean that is already in most disclaimers)

Either way its pretty interesting. Imagine, either don't allow certain countries, or certain states access to site OR have a dynamic site that delivers legal content to various customers... WOOOO theres the future
afrocreep is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 06:46 AM   #4
sumphatpimp
Confirmed User

if I am subject to the laws of another country then I have the right to vote in that coutry.
demhahahahahahahae against what I don't like and all the rest of it.

the internet happened and governments don't know what to do about it. they want a piece of the pie but don't know how to go about getting it. as soon as they figure a way to tax, control and kill people over the internet they will be alot happier.
sumphatpimp is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 07:14 AM   #5
phonephucker
Confirmed User

government fuck shots need to be taken down a peg or seven

ICQ 240-488-095
phonephucker is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 08:09 AM   #6
Sarah_Jayne
Now with more Jayne

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally posted by sumphatpimp
if I am subject to the laws of another country then I have the right to vote in that coutry.
demhahahahahahahae against what I don't like and all the rest of it.

the internet happened and governments don't know what to do about it. they want a piece of the pie but don't know how to go about getting it. as soon as they figure a way to tax, control and kill people over the internet they will be alot happier.
yup, everyone around the world that will have to follow America's 2257 law should be able to vote in the US elections.
Sarah_Jayne is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >