Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 10-12-2004, 05:59 PM   #1
Lensman
GFY Chaperone

Will IBill release my recurring database?

I have my lawyers on it, and want to move it to an IPSP.

Do they want to burn that bridge?
Lensman is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 06:01 PM   #2
MattO
The O is for Oohhh

Good luck with that. Seriously.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:01 PM   #3
Shap
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
If you don't mind Lensman it would be nice if you kept us posted on what develops. I hope to hear some news regarding this tomorrow
Shap is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 06:01 PM   #4
European Lee
Confirmed User

Lens..

I thought they had already migrated over some of their existing clients to another IPSP in the last few weeks?

Regards,

Lee
European Lee is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 06:01 PM   #5
chaze
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Good luck man
chaze is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 06:01 PM   #6
BigWebRev
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally posted by Lensman

no, i don't think that they would want to burn that bridge.
they used to let them go in the past, i have seen it a few
times.
BigWebRev is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 06:03 PM   #7
sexeducation
So Fucking Banned

Wasn't there a way to back it up as you went along?
sexeducation is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 06:04 PM   #8
Juicy D. Links
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Doubful..........

But best of luck...........
Juicy D. Links is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 06:05 PM   #9
Giorgio_Xo
Confirmed User

While I am small potatoes, I have 300+ rebills that are in total limbo. It sucks donkey balls.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:06 PM   #10
Tanker
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I doubt they will do it but it would be nice to see them do somthing for a change

Tanker
ICQ 3427575

CCBTools Now featured in the CCBill.com APP STORE
Tanker is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 06:06 PM   #11
Dawgy
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally posted by sexeducation
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 10-12-2004, 06:07 PM   #12
Juicy D. Links
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
If the law process dont work.... I have Jonny Chin avail for hire

Juicy D. Links is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 06:07 PM   #13
Tipsy
Confirmed User

Legal action may swing it so you may be in luck. With all their other problems it's doubtful they want more legal fees too.

Be interesting to see how that develops.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:09 PM   #14
WarChild
Let slip the dogs of war.

Industry Role:
Quote:
Yes of course there was. It is a really complicated process though and it involves breaking in to Ibill's datacenter and stealing information. It's pretty much a Felony and since the A-team stopped answering ads in the newspaper a few years back, nobody ever attempts it.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:09 PM   #15
WiredGuy
Pounding Googlebot

Industry Role:
I know of one major sponsor who has done this but they had their lawyers put that clause in the original contract with iBill they signed so they could move from one IPSP to another depending on market conditions. With the volume you're managing you should be able to negotiate this type of clause as well.

WG
Old 10-12-2004, 06:10 PM   #16
uchase/webpry
So Fucking Banned

Location: Do you use sex.com's XML feed, try ours and make double the money.
Quote:

you won't get it. but if you do, let us all know.
uchase/webpry is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 06:11 PM   #17
MattO
The O is for Oohhh

I'd reccomend anyone getting as much of your database as possible before they don't have the resources to look it up.

When it comes down to just a guy sweeping the floor in an empty building it'll be too late.

But if they assigned someone in company the job of rounding up that data for webmasters it would probably be seen as a sign of defeat, and it's unlikely they will assume that posture any time soon.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:13 PM   #18
sexeducation
So Fucking Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by WarChild
Yes of course there was. It is a really complicated process though and it involves breaking in to Ibill's datacenter and stealing information. It's pretty much a Felony and since the A-team stopped answering ads in the newspaper a few years back, nobody ever attempts it.
wow ...
It's like fucking software that you get used to ...
and can never export it out when something else more suitable comes along ..

I will NOT buy software like that anymore.

NOR WILL I EVER DEAL WITH A COMPANY LIKE THAT AGAIN!!
sexeducation is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 06:14 PM   #19
WarChild
Let slip the dogs of war.

Industry Role:
Quote:
wow ...
It's like fucking software that you get used to ...
and can never export it out when something else more suitable comes along ..

I will NOT buy software like that anymore.

NOR WILL I EVER DEAL WITH A COMPANY LIKE THAT AGAIN!!
You really need to grasp ahold of the concept of third party billing.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:18 PM   #20
Drake
Hello world!

Industry Role:
I wouldn't bet on it, but hopefully it will work for you. The legal route does seem the most viable and responsible route with all that's going on there.
Drake is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 06:21 PM   #21
sexeducation
So Fucking Banned

Quote:
You really need to grasp ahold of the concept of third party billing.
Well - maybe ...
But the key to the information age - is information.

Don't let someone else control your information.

It's simple.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:23 PM   #22
sexeducation
So Fucking Banned

Fuck iBill.com if Lensman can not get HIS information.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:25 PM   #23
Webby
Too lazy to set a custom title

Lensman:
Quote:

Frankly, I can't see *any* reason why this should not be the case in the instance of a processor defaulting. (tho, "defaulting" may be an "opinion").

In effect, a processor is being trusted with recurring billing and the removal of this can cause considerable damages. Hell.. I was always of the opinion that any processor needs to provide secured contingency funds in the hands of a third party, to cover the event of their demise. If they cannot support this - they have no business in third party processing.

Laws and legal games don't play a big part when contracts are screwed and folks are being bullshitted - there are more urgent and relevant issues :-)

Reckon I'd have to listen to legal bullshit, but I'd be inclined to grab every dime off iBill right now, along with all records of memberships. This can, for any security reasons, be passed in trust to another party, prior to handing over to another operation.

I've seen a few lying bank managers and similar now - they all talk bullshit hours before they close the doors. I was lucky in two instances when I raided ATM's over 48 hours for as much funds as they would spew out of accounts - tho never got all of it.

I wish iBill well during this time, but it is time that is of the essence :-)
Webby is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 06:32 PM   #24
sexeducation
So Fucking Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Webby
Lensman:

Frankly, I can't see *any* reason why this should not be the case in the instance of a processor defaulting. (tho, "defaulting" may be an "opinion").

In effect, a processor is being trusted with recurring billing and the removal of this can cause considerable damages. Hell.. I was always of the opinion that any processor needs to provide secured contingency funds in the hands of a third party, to cover the event of their demise. If they cannot support this - they have no business in third party processing.

Laws and legal games don't play a big part when contracts are screwed and folks are being bullshitted - there are more urgent and relevant issues :-)

Reckon I'd have to listen to legal bullshit, but I'd be inclined to grab every dime off iBill right now, along with all records of memberships. This can, for any security reasons, be passed in trust to another party, prior to handing over to another operation.

I've seen a few lying bank managers and similar now - they all talk bullshit hours before they close the doors. I was lucky in two instances when I raided ATM's over 48 hours for as much funds as they would spew out of accounts - tho never got all of it.

I wish iBill well during this time, but it is time that is of the essence :-)
I ran a succesful sales organization from many years.
A disgruntled employee came in and stole cases of my receipts for sales made by all employees.

I called the RCMP.

They said they saw no value in the information stolen and therefore would not lay theft charges.

"OH - I said" there was three cases of paper that I intend to recycle and I wish him charged for theft under $1000. Do have the right to charge him with theft under $1000.

"Yes"

"Do it... - I lost 3 cents"

Charge him ...
Old 10-12-2004, 06:34 PM   #25
media
Confirmed Moneymaker

Industry Role:
I heard someone got their database released thru the right legal channels...

You're prolly on the right track lens.....
Old 10-12-2004, 06:40 PM   #26
sexeducation
So Fucking Banned

If iBill.com does not release the information belonging to Lensman they will face a wrath they have never felt before.

Webmasters big and small WORK HOURS AND HOURS to build up their clientel database - and to have that stolen from non-release - is something the adult community will NOT tolerate.

Look at Acacia's mis-fortunes in under estimating the power of the adult internet community.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:40 PM   #27
BRISK

Quote:
I ran a succesful sales organization from many years.
Are you talking about your roadside lemonade stand or your paper route?
Old 10-12-2004, 06:42 PM   #28
sexeducation
So Fucking Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by BRISK
NO ...this topic will not be changed into an attack of the messenger.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:47 PM   #29
Webby

BRISK:

Quote:
Na.. he's referring to the one that resold hubcaps he stole during the paper round.
Webby is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 06:49 PM   #30
TheSaint
Confirmed User

Globill took a fair chunk of change from me in the same manner. Ok, it wasn't a fortune, but it was in the low 5 figure mark, ouch.

I emailed every single recurring customer and offered them a few bucks off for life if they signed up with my new biller. Wasn't hard to harvest their names even with Globill shut down as I had thought of this a year before and saved all the signup emails.

I got damn good results with that. Sure, some people who had probably forgot or were too lazy to cancel never came back, but, most did, problem solved.

After going through that I feel bad for anyone facing the same shit, but it need not be the end of the world; wasn't for me.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:50 PM   #31
KRL
Entrepreneur

I doubt it Lens, but there are other ways to make people an offer they can't refuse.

Domains Adult News KRL's Newsletter Biz Tips Just Listed Domains
KRL is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 06:53 PM   #32
sexeducation
So Fucking Banned

It's called discretion ...
If I was the moderator of this board ...you would get banned for thread disruption and attacking someone personally.

see new thread for your OFF TOPIC POSTS ...
http://www.gofuckyourself.com/showth...hreadid=371036
Old 10-12-2004, 06:54 PM   #33
Drake
Hello world!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally posted by KRL
I doubt it Lens, but there are other ways to make people an offer they can't refuse.

I was going to say this thread is useless without pics.....of OJ's Dream Team. But the Mafia will suffice.
Drake is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 06:55 PM   #34
sexeducation
So Fucking Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by TheSaint
Globill took a fair chunk of change from me in the same manner. Ok, it wasn't a fortune, but it was in the low 5 figure mark, ouch.

I emailed every single recurring customer and offered them a few bucks off for life if they signed up with my new biller. Wasn't hard to harvest their names even with Globill shut down as I had thought of this a year before and saved all the signup emails.

I got damn good results with that. Sure, some people who had probably forgot or were too lazy to cancel never came back, but, most did, problem solved.

After going through that I feel bad for anyone facing the same shit, but it need not be the end of the world; wasn't for me.
Globill hammered me ...
I spent months after work - customizing my site to them ...

was making a $1000 per month when they went tits up ...

I still haven't recovered.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:00 PM   #35
sexeducation
So Fucking Banned

This thread should be PINNED.

When a supplier refuses to release YOUR recurring CC billing information ...

this is as important as it gets in the adult industy.

this thread should be pinned.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:02 PM   #36
speakthetruth
Confirmed User

Quote:

Wish I could find the search from about 14 month ago when you were talking about how great the new Ibill team was, how they flew you out to their offices, etc etc. Writing has been on the wall for a long, long, long time. Almost everyone lost some $ in this deal.
speakthetruth is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 07:03 PM   #37
keyboard warrior
Confirmed User

by the time if it ever went to court, ibll we be gone with the cash!
Old 10-12-2004, 07:25 PM   #38
Suckitbitch
Confirmed User

Quote:

Good thing you still have the paper route to fall back on.
Suckitbitch is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 08:02 PM   #39
Tat2Jr
Confirmed User

If Lens does get it back I'm positive IBill will put a gag clause of some sort in the stipulation of getting it moved over. They would want that getting out while they're trying to hang onto the last few customers they've got.

I once got a 3rd party biller to do something very nice for me, and they made me promise not to tell anyone about.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:13 PM   #40
Shoplifter
Richest man in Babylon

Industry Role:
This is certainly a sobering thread, maybe the most so on the subject so far. If it's come to this....damn. I can only hope Ibill has the right words and actions tomorrow and can regain the initiative with this.

The issue that comes to my mind with this is not so much Ibill releasing a database, but whom you could find to import it?
Shoplifter is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 08:36 PM   #41
JFK
FUBAR the ORIGINATOR

Industry Role:
bump

Sig Spot Available –contact JFK @ FUBARWebmasters.com
FUBAR Webmasters - The FUBAR Times - FUBAR Webmasters Mobile - FUBARTV.XXX
For promo opps contact jfk at fubarwebmasters dot com
JFK is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 08:51 PM   #42
GonZo
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Bow to the Power!!!
GonZo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 08:53 PM   #43
GonZo
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Globill hammered me ...
I spent months after work - customizing my site to them ...

was making a $1000 per month when they went tits up ...

Yeah thats why you asked Lens if he backed up his recurrs. THe vaginal orgasm isnt a lie ..... you are!
GonZo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 08:55 PM   #44
keyboard warrior
Confirmed User

Wonder is Lensman will let them advertise Here again?
Old 10-12-2004, 09:02 PM   #45
sexeducation
So Fucking Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Tat2Jr
If Lens does get it back I'm positive IBill will put a gag clause of some sort in the stipulation of getting it moved over. They would want that getting out while they're trying to hang onto the last few customers they've got.

I once got a 3rd party biller to do something very nice for me, and they made me promise not to tell anyone about.
I would assume Lensmans account is not small.

I think the damage has mostly been done.

It seems in the information age, they are not releasing someone elses information.

iBill.com will pay for this one.

I doubt they will get more new MAJOR accounts until they make a public statement that they will NOT STEAL the information beloning to others ..

it's so crystal it's crazy ...

They are NOT releasing so far - Lensman private information - and therefore have lost all new clients - I would assume - until they make a public statement otherwise.

No NATS - No Nuts
Lensman - has 'em both.

Why are you trusting who you are with?
Old 10-12-2004, 09:05 PM   #46
sexeducation
So Fucking Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by GonZo
Yeah thats why you asked Lens if he backed up his recurrs. THe vaginal orgasm isnt a lie ..... you are!
Gonzo ...
no topic change - go solve your own bored [pun intended] problems ...
Old 10-12-2004, 09:10 PM   #47
GonZo
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Gonzo ...
no topic change - go solve your own bored [pun intended] problems ...
Awww Johnny are you that bored that we need to come visiting again so you can censor all the posts. Youve proven not only that your mentally unstable but that you havent a clue what a blog is...how pinned threads work .... that its a sponsor not a supplier and now that you dont even know what a rebill is.... because youve never had any. I guess youd need to be in the business to understand.

Got have 7 more PBRs while you wash your Ice Cream truck and your Chuck E Cheese uniform dries.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:11 PM   #48
Shoehorn!
Die With Your Boots On

Quote:
Old 10-12-2004, 09:16 PM   #49
keyboard warrior
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally posted by GonZo

Got have 7 more PBRs while you wash your Ice Cream truck and your Chuck E Cheese uniform dries.
is that a pabst blue ribbon PBR's?

rotf

Old 10-12-2004, 09:28 PM   #50
Holly

Quote:
I would assume Lensmans account is not small.

I think the damage has mostly been done.

It seems in the information age, they are not releasing someone elses information.

iBill.com will pay for this one.

I doubt they will get more new MAJOR accounts until they make a public statement that they will NOT STEAL the information beloning to others ..

it's so crystal it's crazy ...

They are NOT releasing so far - Lensman private information - and therefore have lost all new clients - I would assume - until they make a public statement otherwise.

No NATS - No Nuts
Lensman - has 'em both.

Why are you trusting who you are with?
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >