Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 12-12-2004, 11:25 AM   #1
TheGarbageMan
So Fucking Banned

Sex Workers Get Business Support From Families

Like in other big cities, prostitution is thriving in Ahmedabad. But according to sociologists, one big difference here is that most sex workers have family members who either pimp for them or let them operate knowing fully well what they are doing... Jani says 65-70 per cent of the 4,000-odd prostitutes in the city operate with the support of their families. There are many instances of husbands, mothers-in-law, and, in some cases, even children procuring clients for the sex worker... One of her husband's close friends began bringing prostitutes to her house and requested her to allow him to use a room. He even paid her Rs 100 each time, she says. 'I didn't know anything about this business. But seeing this was an easy way to earn money, I decided to go in for it myself,' she says.'All that I have to do is what I do with my husband anyway.' She says her husband was shocked on learning of this, and even threatened to commit suicide, but greed won. 'He uses some of my earnings to go to bed with other girls, while I use the rest to put my sons through an English medium school.'" ?Ahmedabad Newsline (India)

Here in America it's pretty shocking when one family member pimps another. You read about a mother pimping her daughter and find it repugnant. This story about Ahmedabad suggests why. It's not that prostitution is intrinsically objectionable. If it were, then it would never become an acceptable part of human behavior, as it is in Ahmedabad. Rather, people in America find it repugnant to read of one family member prostituting another for the simple reason that this is a very rich country. There are so many opportunities for gain and for self-improvement here that it seems loathsome when somebody stoops to pimping out a daughter, niece, wife, or mother. But in other places where the economic opportunities are so few, it doesn't seem so loathsome anymore. People get used to it. "All that I have to do," said one whore, "is what I do with my husband anyway." Might as well get paid for it, right?

It puts you in mind of something Dostoievski said: "Man is the animal that can adapt to anything." Amen.

Meanwhile, did you notice that bit at the end of the story about the wife whose husband uses her whore money to go out and sleep with other hookers? That's a peculiar form of quid pro quo. Probably it says something very fundamental about the male psyche. Think of it this way. Most guys would be shocked and appalled to find out that their wives were turning tricks. However, if they could use the money to go screw other women, how many guys would gladly start pimping their own wives?
http://cities.expressindia.com/fulls...?newsid=109287
TheGarbageMan is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >